I have a new supplier and I want to list all of their products, there is 3334 items in total + variations.
They can't offer a feed or export so it'll be a case of manually adding them.
However their site is quite well laid out with:
Title
SKU
Short Description
Long Description
Images
Some of the products have variations which would need to be listed as separate products rather than actual variations (same description etc etc just different SKU and price).
Now I could sit there and add them all in house which would take my staff and I weeks, but I'm wondering if it's possible to "scrape" the site for the relevant information, add it to a spread sheet that matches my Magento feed then we can just go through the spreadsheet to add all the prices. Then upload, assign the categories and we're live.
Is this possible and if so where do I look for this type of service/software? Or is there a better way?
They can't offer a feed or export so it'll be a case of manually adding them.
However their site is quite well laid out with:
Title
SKU
Short Description
Long Description
Images
Some of the products have variations which would need to be listed as separate products rather than actual variations (same description etc etc just different SKU and price).
Now I could sit there and add them all in house which would take my staff and I weeks, but I'm wondering if it's possible to "scrape" the site for the relevant information, add it to a spread sheet that matches my Magento feed then we can just go through the spreadsheet to add all the prices. Then upload, assign the categories and we're live.
Is this possible and if so where do I look for this type of service/software? Or is there a better way?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
