• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

OFF-TOPIC School should give you money!

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by gebbers, Nov 21, 2007.

1. gebbers

gebbers New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    So I was in school today and it was f*cking boring.
    Nothing special, intresting or new!
    Well I was thinking to myself how I could make school more intresting for me.
    And this is what I think would work:

The Parents pay a big amount of money to the school.
    They safe it, and after every year you get a bit of it.....you get more if you have good grades and less if you have bad grades.
    After school your parents get the rest of the money back.
    That would be a big motivation for me!

2. Jorge

Jorge Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $252
    Just one question...how the school sustains itself if it gives back the money? They have to pay teachers and infrastructure...

3. gebbers

gebbers New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    Well in Germany they don't...we pay taxes. ^^
    We pay nothing for school!

4. thecoach

thecoach Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $68
    In the province that I live in the newly elected provincial government was talking about a new plan during their campaign that they will be inplimenting that will 'refund' 100% of your post secondary tution (in the form of tax deductions, rebates, etc) if you stay in the province after you graduate. Aside from the larger salary you may earn with a degree, t's isn't really paying you to be there, but it is more or less making it free in the end. Even though I'm not looking at attending any post-secondary courses that would be eligible, I'm interested to see how it pans out.

5. Runum

Runum Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $12,839
    Grades and someone paying you shouldn't be your primary focus. Your education and your knowledge are primary. The grades will follow the education. You get out of education what you want to. If you think it's boring, it is.:cheers:

Greg

6. Bilgefisher

Bilgefisher Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $413
    This thread could get highly political if not careful. School's of higher education are a business and nothing more. Your paying for a service. If that service is bad, its your fault as the customer for not demanding better. As long as parents are willing to put their kids through higher education without requiring those schools to put out a decent product, (ie An adult ready for the workforce) then schools will continue on as they are. I agree that higher education is a joke, but until folks demand better, it will remain the same.

7. andviv

andviv Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,421
    Come on guys... let's make this thread about business... or should we move it to Off-Topic Discussion?

Truly yours,
    andviv, the 'show me the deal/business' moderator

8. gebbers

gebbers New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    :D....Again I pay nothing for school....and yes I know that education is primary and try to tell me that everyday^^

But this would be a big fillip...maybe just for me, but I like the idea. ^^

9. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $30,763
    Why #1 should you be rewarded at all for bad grades? and #2 have to have money as motivation? Sounds like def slowlane for life material.

10. NerdSmasher

NerdSmasher New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $51
    I agree with LightHouse, that would just be setting you up to become an employee for the rest of your life... working to get a raise, demanding more, etc.
    While it would work on raising overall grades, and all that jazz, why do the grades even matter?

I get all A's, because I pay attention and learn. My friends get D's, and A's, depending on how interested they are. Our interest should not be in it for the money... people already try too hard to get a good grade simply for the grade... only to forget everything the next day anyway. It's not like adding money would make people smarter.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.