The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

School for Entrepreneurs

Christian McGhee

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Jan 10, 2018
Colorado
Came up with this idea today; looked to see what competition existed and surprisingly there wasn’t much if any.

In fact I’m playing with the idea of instead of defining it as a “school” it would be an “accelerator” (semantics, I know haha).

I know that there are platforms such as Lynda and even major universities that have “masters” in entrepreneurship (or mbas), Hell even EDX has one. I don’t think these platforms do it justice, and a lot of them seem to focus on skill development in a 9 to 5 environment.

My concept is different in the aspect that it is an action based education that is extremely hands on. No grades, no degrees, only projects. You “graduate” when you have a legally formed business and it’s either profitable or has some sort of team or funding - OR you decide that it wasn’t a good idea and stop. If you decide to stop, then you at least have the skill set to try another venture.

Instead of traditional teachers you have a mentors. Ideally projects are funded after completion by either the government or venture capitalists.

In certain cases the school could even take a percentage of a company much like accelerators and incubators do.

I’m rambling at this point, but I’m interested in anyone’s thoughts! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PersistentlyHungry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Mar 25, 2017
Israel
Came up with this idea today; looked to see what competition existed and surprisingly there wasn’t much if any.

In fact I’m playing with the idea of instead of defining it as a “school” it would be an “accelerator” (semantics, I know haha).

I know that there are platforms such as Lynda and even major universities that have “masters” in entrepreneurship (or mbas), Hell even EDX has one. I don’t think these platforms do it justice, and a lot of them seem to focus on skill development in a 9 to 5 environment.

My concept is different in the aspect that it is an action based education that is extremely hands on. No grades, no degrees, only projects. You “graduate” when you have a legally formed business and it’s either profitable or has some sort of team or funding - OR you decide that it wasn’t a good idea and stop. If you decide to stop, then you at least have the skill set to try another venture.

Instead of traditional teachers you have a mentors. Ideally projects are funded after completion by either the government or venture capitalists.

In certain cases the school could even take a percentage of a company much like accelerators and incubators do.

I’m rambling at this point, but I’m interested in anyone’s thoughts! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like a great concept. I wonder however how you would go about creating a prototype for it. Assuming a soft proof has been acquired.

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.