The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Scary AI

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I ran across an article on Wired today that talked about Facebook's AI research. Facebook wants help from actual humans to validate the accuracy of its AI. You can participate in one of two ways:

1) Create sentences designed to fool the AI and
2) Validate results from the AI as either correct or incorrect.

Here's the scary part: Holy crap if this isn't really good already. Read the following paragraph with this question in mind, then see the result from the AI.

The question:
Which group in Greece wanted to justify the harsher austerity measures?

The text that the AI read in order to answer the question:
Greece was accused of trying to cover up the extent of its massive budget deficit in the wake of the global financial crisis. The allegation was prompted by the massive revision of the 2009 budget deficit forecast by the new PASOK government elected in October 2009, from "6–8%" (estimated by the previous New Democracy government) to 12.7% (later revised to 15.7%). However, the accuracy of the revised figures has also been questioned, and in February 2012 the Hellenic Parliament voted in favor of an official investigation following accusations by a former member of the Hellenic Statistical Authority that the deficit had been artificially inflated in order to justify harsher austerity measures.

AI's answer:
the new PASOK government

You can see a few of these yourself. Just set up an account on:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

drahz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jul 24, 2019
Also, the GPT-3 from OpenAI is on the mission to make writers "obsolete" in a couple of years.

It is still in the early stage, but you can already ask or tell GPT-3 what do you want from it in plain English.

Example Input:
Write me a short story about the history of humankind, featuring aliens and artificial intelligence.

Output:
Some story...

If you do a bit Googling you can find a whole article written by it. It still requires some editing before it produces an article with good quality.

Although it can produce text with perfect grammar, there is still no intelligence behind it. The whole "learning" is just adjusting some weight parameters.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Also, the GPT-3 from OpenAI is on the mission to make writers "obsolete" in a couple of years.

It is still in the early stage, but you can already ask or tell GPT-3 what do you want from it in plain English.

Example Input:
Write me a short story about the history of humankind, featuring aliens and artificial intelligence.

Output:
Some story...

If you do a bit Googling you can find a whole article written by it. It still requires some editing before it produces an article with good quality.

Although it can produce text with perfect grammar, there is still no intelligence behind it. The whole "learning" is just adjusting some weight parameters.

Yeah, I really have been playing with that one a bit. It's not going to make writers obsolete real soon. Although if it did, despite being a writer (sometimes) I would be perfectly happy with that outcome. I would just have it do all my work for me.

Also I could keep a journal and an eventual memoir. "GPT-3, write a 3 page journal entry about how my day went. Kthx."

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Yeah, I really have been playing with that one a bit. It's not going to make writers obsolete real soon. Although if it did, despite being a writer (sometimes) I would be perfectly happy with that outcome. I would just have it do all my work for me.

Also I could keep a journal and an eventual memoir. "GPT-3, write a 3 page journal entry about how my day went. Kthx."
Automate email command to do this every day at days end, another automation to have it all assembled into a book and printed at the end of the month so you can read over it.
With time, it should be able to write it in advance, so that you can print it and follow along, and thereby avoid mistakes..

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
think about copywriting, we can probably get the skill of best copywriter just by training gpt3 or 4 and other models on the copywriting dataset.
also you won't need a voiceover artist in the next 5 years

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
AI gets programmed to do what you want it to do... and we will probably see different AI's good at one of each of the following:
copywriting - for sales
copywriting - for customer engagement
copywriting - for more repeat sales (maybe not such a high dollar up-front, but focused on the long term)
video editing
video editing - for sales
video editing - for more subscribers
video editing - for more likes
chat bot for websites
chat bot for fun
gaming AI (as a competitor in the game, but limited by parameters)
gaming AI (as an illegal helping hand)

One AI may be able to conquer all, but it's more likely that there will arise hundreds of different AI's to focus on separate tasks... and then one super API to combine them all at some point to eradicate humanity.

You think Amazon has their own sales AI yet? I think they do and we just don't know it yet.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
I ran across an article on Wired today that talked about Facebook's AI research. Facebook wants help from actual humans to validate the accuracy of its AI. You can participate in one of two ways:

1) Create sentences designed to fool the AI and
2) Validate results from the AI as either correct or incorrect.

Here's the scary part: Holy crap if this isn't really good already. Read the following paragraph with this question in mind, then see the result from the AI.

The question:
Which group in Greece wanted to justify the harsher austerity measures?

The text that the AI read in order to answer the question:
Greece was accused of trying to cover up the extent of its massive budget deficit in the wake of the global financial crisis. The allegation was prompted by the massive revision of the 2009 budget deficit forecast by the new PASOK government elected in October 2009, from "6–8%" (estimated by the previous New Democracy government) to 12.7% (later revised to 15.7%). However, the accuracy of the revised figures has also been questioned, and in February 2012 the Hellenic Parliament voted in favor of an official investigation following accusations by a former member of the Hellenic Statistical Authority that the deficit had been artificially inflated in order to justify harsher austerity measures.

AI's answer:
the new PASOK government

You can see a few of these yourself. Just set up an account on:
I`m looking forward to using such tools in my day to day.
I doubt that we`ll see a "general" AI in our lifetime.
Probably there will be A LOT of AIs for the different tasks that need to be done, different algorithms essentialy.
I can see the ads now: "Full stack AI C#++++ developer wanted "

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Automate email command to do this every day at days end, another automation to have it all assembled into a book and printed at the end of the month so you can read over it.
With time, it should be able to write it in advance, so that you can print it and follow along, and thereby avoid mistakes..

Yes, perfect. And then I have have it write a book about how I automated my life with AI, and all I have to do is follow a script... hey wait a second...

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Before you get into something that's 99% worthless consider this.
GPT-3 was asked to answer "how much is two plus two"
It answered for example "That's problem that many people have" and "Smartphone app that solves that problem".

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Before you get into something that's 99% worthless consider this.
GPT-3 was asked to answer "how much is two plus two"
It answered for example "That's problem that many people have" and "Smartphone app that solves that problem".
Thats exactly my point, you need a different algorithm for math.
Its AI not a human, it doesnt understand questions outside of what the devs have described for it to understand.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.