The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Scarcity Mindset is for Suckers

Anything related to matters of the mind

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Like a lot of folks, I was raised to have a scarcity mindset.

There is a limited amount of resources so I got to make sure I get mine before others get theirs.

I've been working on changing this since I read TMF back in February and it's been sinking in slowly.

Today I sent out a little over 100 emails one by one. (I know there are programs that do this lol) Copy, paste, customize, send, rinse, repeat. For two hours. At least a few of these hundred people should respond. This will lead to communication that will hopefully lead to sales for my business. It's exciting to throw out 100 hooks...

This got me thinking. Pretty much everyone over the age of 13 has an email. What if I had to send an email to everyone in my city? That would take me years. Holy shit there are a lot of people, and a lot of them are prospective clients for me. They all spend money and they all have needs and wants that must get filled somehow. There is nothing scarce about it. There are billions of people on the planet that all need and want things. My not having a lot of money is not because money is scarce. It's because I haven't helped enough of those people get what the need and want.

I think that when you live in a bubble that is your friends, your family, your job, the world seems kind of small. Maybe you only interact with a couple people a day. It makes the world seem small. When you start interacting with a lot of people the world seems to grow. When you have a growing list of thousands of people that are being exposed to your content and possibly buying from you, getting helped by you, the world grows bigger and bigger. The challenge then becomes helping as many people as you can in the short time you're on this planet. Time is scarce, that's it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

millerad

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Sep 5, 2017
Gilbert, Arizona
I did your thing, sending a few hundred emails via copy and paste. I was trying to verify my project. After about 20 minutes of sending emails I got a call from a guy to say that he was interested and after our 20 minute phone conversation he got on our website and pre-ordered. It was the best day of my life. Keep plugging man, you will get some shit done.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My not having a lot of money is not because money is scarce. It's because I haven't helped enough of those people get what the need and want.

And you don't even need to invent something gigatastic, it just needs to be in the realm of relative value. Relative value wins money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
This is one of the things that keeps me going.

No matter how good the competition get, what they do or what else comes on the market, ultimately there are billions of people in the world and one company can't serve all of them.

Have you ever looked up how many people there are in your city?

I did, and it's a whole lot more than the number of people I've sold to in the whole of last year nationwide... there is potential everywhere.

Even online businesses that serve the world can benefit just from the local population. But often overlooked.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.