So I just came across this hilarious scam ad:
hxxp://bitcoinnewstoday.me/uk/news/ (change "hxxp" to "http" for working link, in case the link is taken down, I've attached a screenshot of the page)
It's shocking how much marketers are willing to LIE to make a quick buck.
Those pictures are from an episode of a show where the kid on the right, Akshay Ruparelia, is the founder of a successful estate agent that charges super low fees, just £99 if I recall correctly, regardless of the value of the house being sold.
But in this scam ad we're told that Akshay Ruparelia made his fortunes from "Bitcoin Evolution": "One day while browsing online he discovered an automated trading platform, called Bitcoin Evolution."
Lol, some more hilarious quotes from this thing:
"A user would simply make an initial deposit into the platform, usually of £200 or more, and the automated trading algorithm would go to work."
Look at that everyone, an automated algorithm that makes you money!
"To demonstrate the power of the platform Akshay had Holly Willoughby deposit £200 live on the show." - just flat out lying, no such thing happened on the show, I watched that episode.
"After her initial deposit for £200 was made, the trading platform went to work buying low and selling high. Within 3 minutes, she had successfully increased her initial funds to £323.18. That's a £143.18 profit."
Wow, that's £69k in a single day, some £25,000,000 a year! So anyone with £200 can become more than a decamillionaire.
I'm just glad I'm clued in enough to not fall for crap like this, but there are obviously people who do.
It surprises me every time I hear of someone who thinks there could exist ways of making money from doing nothing. Just yesterday my wife showed me this Q&A with Gary Veynerchuk, where a guy in the audience said he wants a "passive income" where he doesn't have to work for his money.
I was going to share this with my friends and family, but decided not to in case they fell for the scam rather than find it amusing. So I decided to share it with the financially clued in people of this forum instead.
hxxp://bitcoinnewstoday.me/uk/news/ (change "hxxp" to "http" for working link, in case the link is taken down, I've attached a screenshot of the page)
It's shocking how much marketers are willing to LIE to make a quick buck.
Those pictures are from an episode of a show where the kid on the right, Akshay Ruparelia, is the founder of a successful estate agent that charges super low fees, just £99 if I recall correctly, regardless of the value of the house being sold.
But in this scam ad we're told that Akshay Ruparelia made his fortunes from "Bitcoin Evolution": "One day while browsing online he discovered an automated trading platform, called Bitcoin Evolution."
Lol, some more hilarious quotes from this thing:
"A user would simply make an initial deposit into the platform, usually of £200 or more, and the automated trading algorithm would go to work."
Look at that everyone, an automated algorithm that makes you money!
"To demonstrate the power of the platform Akshay had Holly Willoughby deposit £200 live on the show." - just flat out lying, no such thing happened on the show, I watched that episode.
"After her initial deposit for £200 was made, the trading platform went to work buying low and selling high. Within 3 minutes, she had successfully increased her initial funds to £323.18. That's a £143.18 profit."
Wow, that's £69k in a single day, some £25,000,000 a year! So anyone with £200 can become more than a decamillionaire.
I'm just glad I'm clued in enough to not fall for crap like this, but there are obviously people who do.
It surprises me every time I hear of someone who thinks there could exist ways of making money from doing nothing. Just yesterday my wife showed me this Q&A with Gary Veynerchuk, where a guy in the audience said he wants a "passive income" where he doesn't have to work for his money.
I was going to share this with my friends and family, but decided not to in case they fell for the scam rather than find it amusing. So I decided to share it with the financially clued in people of this forum instead.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Attachments
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
