The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Scam Alert - How To Make Money Doing Nothing

Ganglion

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 21, 2018
United Kingdom
So I just came across this hilarious scam ad:

hxxp://bitcoinnewstoday.me/uk/news/ (change "hxxp" to "http" for working link, in case the link is taken down, I've attached a screenshot of the page)

It's shocking how much marketers are willing to LIE to make a quick buck.

Those pictures are from an episode of a show where the kid on the right, Akshay Ruparelia, is the founder of a successful estate agent that charges super low fees, just £99 if I recall correctly, regardless of the value of the house being sold.

But in this scam ad we're told that Akshay Ruparelia made his fortunes from "Bitcoin Evolution": "One day while browsing online he discovered an automated trading platform, called Bitcoin Evolution."

Lol, some more hilarious quotes from this thing:

"A user would simply make an initial deposit into the platform, usually of £200 or more, and the automated trading algorithm would go to work."

Look at that everyone, an automated algorithm that makes you money!

"To demonstrate the power of the platform Akshay had Holly Willoughby deposit £200 live on the show." - just flat out lying, no such thing happened on the show, I watched that episode.

"After her initial deposit for £200 was made, the trading platform went to work buying low and selling high. Within 3 minutes, she had successfully increased her initial funds to £323.18. That's a £143.18 profit."

Wow, that's £69k in a single day, some £25,000,000 a year! So anyone with £200 can become more than a decamillionaire.

I'm just glad I'm clued in enough to not fall for crap like this, but there are obviously people who do.

It surprises me every time I hear of someone who thinks there could exist ways of making money from doing nothing. Just yesterday my wife showed me this Q&A with Gary Veynerchuk, where a guy in the audience said he wants a "passive income" where he doesn't have to work for his money.

I was going to share this with my friends and family, but decided not to in case they fell for the scam rather than find it amusing. So I decided to share it with the financially clued in people of this forum instead.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• screencapture-bitcoinnewstoday-me-uk-news-2019-12-07-01_10_46.pdf
    4.8 MB · Views: 15

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Seriously, Am I the only guy who sees a pattern here?

2014 - Dec: Mo Islam in NYC - Trader -> Chapter 25 in The Unscripted
2017 - Nov-Dec: Bitcoin Huge Surf Wave in FB News Feed GONE MAD
2019 - Dec: Akshay Ru in the UK - Bitcoin Evolution

Which begs the Question: Nov/Dec months are like promoting hype news space months?

Spicymemer45

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
352%
Dec 30, 2016
Butner, NC
Use this to your advantage and make money off the wave.

There's bound to be people who will flock to the next bubble, educate them

For moniessssss.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
I recall seeing dozens of 'services' that offered to give you double or triple your money if you'd just only give them 1 btc first!

Dozens upon dozens upon dozens. I wonder if they're still around or if they've died out yet...

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
My dad asked me about such services, I told him to not trust them, as they sounded like an obvious scam to me, though I hadn't seen them myself at the time.

I'm afraid he tossed 200€ down the drain, not like he'll ever tell me.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
The HYIP (High Yield Investment Program) market was a massive part of the "make money online" sector for a long time in the early 2000s. This is not too different.
They're just ponzi schemes and scams targeting the gullible and uninformed.

"Hey bro, invest money with us and we'll offer a 25% interest daily, compounded to infinity. The money will be invested in stocks, real estate and other super secret shtuff."

Typically, the first round of people to "invest" get their money as promised, so they can go out and evangelize about the money printing tool they discovered. All their friends and family then invest in exponential fashion.

Once there's a large enough pool of money in the system, BOOM!

tenor.gif

Lucky Lu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Nov 2, 2019
Newport Beach, California
I'm a marketer myself. I've lost thousands of dollars to marketers, I have found a lot are just very dodgy people with no morals! Not on here, mind :)
No, I mean lawyers!

D

Deleted74396

No, I mean lawyers!

The same could be said about most professions, I just think marketers and lawyers are some of the greediest haha. I once phoned my lawyer, got told he'd ring me back, and not only did he never call back, he charged me for the half a minute call. I couldn't believe it :p

Ganglion

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 21, 2018
United Kingdom
The HYIP (High Yield Investment Program) market was a massive part of the "make money online" sector for a long time in the early 2000s. This is not too different.
They're just ponzi schemes and scams targeting the gullible and uninformed.

"Hey bro, invest money with us and we'll offer a 25% interest daily, compounded to infinity. The money will be invested in stocks, real estate and other super secret shtuff."

Typically, the first round of people to "invest" get their money as promised, so they can go out and evangelize about the money printing tool they discovered. All their friends and family then invest in exponential fashion.

Once there's a large enough pool of money in the system, BOOM!

Come to think of it, I actually fell victim to something like this before I learned about what it takes to make money.

I wrote about it in a separate thread here:

Lesson Learned From Being Scammed

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.