The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sales or a Laundromat?

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
Hey guys, haven't posted in a while.. Long story short.. i'm 29.. a teacher and I want to make more money..

I also want to leave teaching..

My 2 options/ideas are:
1- taking this summer to get a sales job and if I do well, then quit teaching and do it full ti,e..
2- investing in a laundromat, and if it's successful keep buying them and that's my fastlane business..

any thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser450

Both? I love sales - in my circle of nerds it's a superpower. It enabled me to spool up and get my first at bat.

Something I ran across recently that you reminded me of: TeachersPayTeachers .com - a marketplace for educators to sell their lesson plans. The top teachers do impressive numbers, but they're all tied to the site - few if any have branded themselves and sell on their own - worth a look for inspiration.

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
Both? I love sales - in my circle of nerds it's a superpower. It enabled me to spool up and get my first at bat.

Something I ran across recently that you reminded me of: TeachersPayTeachers .com - a marketplace for educators to sell their lesson plans. The top teachers do impressive numbers, but they're all tied to the site - few if any have branded themselves and sell on their own - worth a look for inspiration.

Thanks for the response.. I looked up some sales jobs this evening.. I saw one to sell home improvement packages to clients... looked cool...

and I've actually bought lessons off of teacherspayteachers.. if teachers branded off they would have to market their own lessons and units, teacherspayteachers is a 1 stop shop which makes it so useful.. selling lesson plans is always something else though,,

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
I have a question. If you get the laundromat, isn't that buying a job? Or do you get a percentage of the profits? Or are you hiring workers to separate your time from the business.

I see many laundromats in New York. City Clean by far seems to be the biggest franchise out here in the boroughs.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
I have a question. If you get the laundromat, isn't that buying a job? Or do you get a percentage of the profits? Or are you hiring workers to separate your time from the business.

I see many laundromats in New York. City Clean by far seems to be the biggest franchise out here in the boroughs.

I would hire workers, but mainly run it absentee..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.