The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION SaaS progress: Until I succeed

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Dec 31, 2019
I will be posting here when I learn something new, post about my journey, or literally anything related to SaaS.

First thing I want to post is to seek capital gains insted of cash flow or passive income.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Dec 31, 2019
I need a co-founder.
~ said no technical founder ever.

If you are in the SaaS game for long term learn to code first.

doster.zach

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Oct 14, 2021
Columbia MO
I need a co-founder.
I'm not sure how other feel about this, I'm not sure how well companies can function with equal co-founders.

Someone in the end needs to make the executive decisions.

Also, excited to see what you come up with!

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Dec 31, 2019
I'm not sure how other feel about this, I'm not sure how well companies can function with equal co-founders.
I believe that most of the time co-founder could be unnecessary while spliting nearly 50% of the profit Equity.
I have heard too many stories about bad founder and most of the time if a startup guy is saying he needs co-founder boil down to they want a full time employee without pay.

And in age of internet everything could be learned to a point of getting first 20 to 50 paying customers either its code or marketing. After that one can just hire or outsource

excited to see what you come up with!
Thanks, will keep you updated

WillHurtDontCare

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
USA
If you are in the SaaS game for long term learn to code first.

Wrong - learn to market first. No Code (like Bubble) makes it possible to make web apps without knowing how to code. And you can make apps first.

Unless you're making the next Google, then marketing is way more important than tech skills.

Finding an audience who will pay is always the toughest part of running a SaaS.

woken

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
Wrong - learn to market first. No Code (like Bubble) makes it possible to make web apps without knowing how to code. And you can make apps first.

Unless you're making the next Google, then marketing is way more important than tech skills.

I always wondered.

If said app built on Bubble works and works incredibly well to the point of generating revenue, how does one go about ownership of the app / selling?

You do not own the app with most app builders like these.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Dec 31, 2019

Yes marketing is important.
In business one should never completely outsource marketing and one should always be involved.

Selling is the most important thing one can do for a business.

My point is if anyone are doing this as first venture its easy to get overwhelmed with any code, APIs even HTML, and thinking of

Coming from a person who read ready fire aim twice,from a long term perspective one should learn to code as it does not take 1 year but 1 to 2 months.

I am familiar with nocode stuff as a developer i don't prefer it and it violates commandment of control.

I am more into capital gains than profit, which means i can sell the product.

In SaaS 20k mmr could be sold for a million dollar

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
What I got was completely unexpected; @LightHouse generously talked with me for 2 straight hours...
MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom