The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Saas Platform Update

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

OlivierMo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 12, 2018
Idaho
Hi all,

Just wanted to give an update on my project as things have been rocky healthwise. I managed to fall in the icy stairs and lightly fracture a bone so I spent most of the last 4 weeks healing in bed at night and managing work during the da instead of being dedicated to my venture.

It obviously put me in a funk b/c when I don't feel vitality in my body I tend to go to dark places. As a runner it's tough to be inactive.

My current goal is to validate my product assumption. I got to talk to an expert / consultant in the field and she told me I was onto something. Now it's one person but she confirmed my assumptions as far as solving some problems. Remains to be seen if people will spend money on it.

I also talked to a guy she referred to me so I could get more insight because he was looking for a concept like mine. Well I kinda bombed on the phone so that was my biggest lesson. I was timid and unsure. The fear of rejection hit me I think. Something I need to control now. I was a bit bummed about it but I'll take that as a learning lesson. If I tell myself everything is a learning experience, then it keeps me upbeat.

I finished reading Unscripted in the meantime and the final chapters shook me a bit and made me anxious (I'm up at 2am b/c of it.) It made me realize that I need to more disciplined money wise even though I have no stupid debt aside from a mortgage. There are many things I want to buy but I'll refrain.

A friend of mine also told me it took 7 years for the AirBnb founders from concept to the success they're having so I gotta stop thinking things will happen in 6 months. Like the book says when you don't get feedback on your product via sales or validation it's hard to stay motivated.

I am now contemplating adding some features to my MVP to make it more palatable. It's a bit dry right now. I just don't want to be coding too much and go in the wrong direction. I'd rather get feedback first.

Anyways, that's the update for now since I posted about my beta partner program.

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.