The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

SaaS Affiliate Scheme Advice

A topic related to SAAS or APPs

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
After a few months of hard work we've finally soft-launched our app.

It's fully functional, works well, the sales site is done so we are ready to start getting users.

Our strategy is to use strategic partnerships in our industry to help advertise the app. We've spoken to some top players and got very positive interest. One has asked about potential for earning from it (there are other financial benefits to brands working with us).

I can see it is very easy to do with FirstPromoter.

Question is, what is the best pricing strategy for SaaS apps?

One off fee per sign up?

$ or % per month?

For life? for a set period?

I'm a bit wary of paying someone X amount every month for life, but at the same time it's quite lucrative for some of our potential partners and would mean gaining customers we might not otherwise have.

Note - when I say "affiliate" I'm referring to an industry related partner who has customers in our target audience, not a traditional "affiliate" - marketing costs to our partners are low, we are basically wanting them to send out some emails, blogs, put it on their website, speak to their customers etc..

Interested to hear other peoples thoughts and experiences on how to craft a decent affiliate partner offer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
What are your competitors doing?

Test out what they are doing, and what you think you should be doing.

In my case, our SaaS went with a lifetime recurring payment to our affiliates.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
What bugs me about FirstPromoter is that even if you have 0 affiliates you still have to pay $50 per month.

I’m considering building my own affiliate system. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of options for SaaS businesses.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
Depending on how your system is built ( backend ) there are like 1000 solutions for this.

idev affiliate
osiaffiliate
postaffiliatepro
linkshare
shareasale
CJ ( commission junction )

I could keep going

We built our own at SERPWoo ( my SaaS ), it's not hard.. but it is also not simple. You could almost build one just using Google Analytics if you want to manually pull reports monthly and pay manually the first few months to get rolling.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.