What's new

Running a Political Campaign

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

djs13

New Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Oct 3, 2007
Messages
414
Location
NY
Rep Bank
$615
User Power: 13%
One of my major goals other than to be financially free through entrepreneurship and investing is to be involved in government and public service later in my life. I'm hoping that by becoming wealthy through real estate I can allow myself to be free of a job so I am able to be actively involved. Having money also doesn't hurt when it comes to funding a campaign as I am finding out.

I was asked a couple months ago to run for Town Councilman in my small residential area of 5,000 people by the County Legislator. I'm only 18 years old which may sound crazy to some people, but I made a name for myself early on in my County Committee because I was very involved in multiple campaigns.

I'm not going to name the political parties I am running on or my platform in respect to MJ's rules about political posts. But I don't think the question of running an effective political campaign has been brought to these forums yet. The people on the Fastlane are some of the most creative people I've spoken to so this is the first place where I'd ask for a brain storming session.

I think this campaign is alot like a business: The 'product' is myself and the message I'm spreading and the campaign is alot like 'marketing.' The two major "marketing strategies" I'm using in this campaign are conventional but effective. The first is walking door to door and handing out my palm card (a palm card is basically just literature with my basic information) and giving registered voters my pitch. Going door to door is awkward at times but its way more effective than any type of advertisement.

The second strategy is yard signs. These aren't cheap since I need to purchase them in a mass quantity, but they are a pretty easy way to get my name out in high traffic areas.

I need help with some creative ideas with campaign marketing and fundraising. I'd like to have a fundraiser where I can offer supporters food and drinks but I've been to many fundraisers that are pretty boring and conventional. I can't go broke either though by renting out an expensive venue.

Also, I've considered getting rubber bracelets like the Livestrong bracelets with my name and slogan imprinted on them to hand out while going door to door, but I've found this is to be quite expensive. If anyone has any ideas that are effective like this but also inexpensive please share.

Thank you for your help !
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O dupdas xovj fuus vu fuus. Og zua duni vu nz fuus, ufft esi nadj civvis O xomm wuvi gus zua us ev mietv qez evvipvoup vu zua.

O jef tuniupi duni vu nz fuus epf O xet qmeppoph vu wuvi gus jon metv imidvoup. Vjip O guapf uav vjev 2 ziest qsous ji jef gomif cl. Gus ni vjev ipfif ov. Og zua deppuv jepfmi zuas nupiz, jux esi zua huoph vu jepfmi nopi? Tu og zua hu fuus vu fuus, neli tasi zua jewi pu tlimivupt, us zua nez ci xetvoph zuas voni.
 
Zua piif vu muul ev Vzi Vjunet ug Hap Cessim Dovz Viyet. Nez puv ci vji citv sumi nufim vu muul ev cav nefi ov vu nezus ug vji vuxp ca ehi 21.

Vzi Vjunet
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom