The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Running a Political Campaign

djs13

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 3, 2007
NY
One of my major goals other than to be financially free through entrepreneurship and investing is to be involved in government and public service later in my life. I'm hoping that by becoming wealthy through real estate I can allow myself to be free of a job so I am able to be actively involved. Having money also doesn't hurt when it comes to funding a campaign as I am finding out.

I was asked a couple months ago to run for Town Councilman in my small residential area of 5,000 people by the County Legislator. I'm only 18 years old which may sound crazy to some people, but I made a name for myself early on in my County Committee because I was very involved in multiple campaigns.

I'm not going to name the political parties I am running on or my platform in respect to MJ's rules about political posts. But I don't think the question of running an effective political campaign has been brought to these forums yet. The people on the Fastlane are some of the most creative people I've spoken to so this is the first place where I'd ask for a brain storming session.

I think this campaign is alot like a business: The 'product' is myself and the message I'm spreading and the campaign is alot like 'marketing.' The two major "marketing strategies" I'm using in this campaign are conventional but effective. The first is walking door to door and handing out my palm card (a palm card is basically just literature with my basic information) and giving registered voters my pitch. Going door to door is awkward at times but its way more effective than any type of advertisement.

The second strategy is yard signs. These aren't cheap since I need to purchase them in a mass quantity, but they are a pretty easy way to get my name out in high traffic areas.

I need help with some creative ideas with campaign marketing and fundraising. I'd like to have a fundraiser where I can offer supporters food and drinks but I've been to many fundraisers that are pretty boring and conventional. I can't go broke either though by renting out an expensive venue.

Also, I've considered getting rubber bracelets like the Livestrong bracelets with my name and slogan imprinted on them to hand out while going door to door, but I've found this is to be quite expensive. If anyone has any ideas that are effective like this but also inexpensive please share.

Thank you for your help !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
I concur with door to door. If you come to my door, odds are much better I will vote for you or at least pay attention to you.

I had someone come to my door and I was planning to vote for him last election. Then I found out that 2 years prior he had filed bk. For me that ended it. If you cannot handle your money, how are you going to handle mine? So if you go door to door, make sure you have no skeletons, or you may be wasting your time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.