The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Roomplug Fresh Makeover

rodney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 3, 2012
inland empire
After many months sitting on the sideline and taking up contractor roles, I've relaunched Roomplug.com with fresh updates today. Tell me what your thoughts are.

If you are in the arena of looking for rooms to rent or finding a roommates, then check us out.

There are more ongoing features in the coming months. It feels so good to continue to work on your dreams. Never give up! Regardless what everybody else thinks. Believe in yourself! One day you'll soon be in the Fastlane as a Millionaire!

Thanks,

Rodney

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
I think a background/credit check would be a good upsell offer to provide.

nerdyworm

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 5, 2013
Southern, Cali
Please enable gzip and browser caching for your assets:
https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/best-practices/payload#GzipCompression
https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/best-practices/caching#LeverageBrowserCaching
It is a super simple thing to do and really makes a difference in page load times.

For some reason, I totally missed that the site was dedicated to room shares. It's completely obvious now that I actually read everything and browsed a few listings. The sign on the home page could be changed to say something like "Finding roommates easy breezy."

I'd like to see the search results updated as I zoom into an area on the map. I zoomed into San Diego and accidentally hovered over something in Kanas. This forced me to zoom out and drag the map back over to San Diego.

You have a phone number and an email address, put them on every single page. Make it really easy for someone to contact with questions.

Why does signing up for your site require me to fill out an IRS form? I only wanted to add something to my favorites and come back to it later. I understand why you need all that information, but I would suggest you defer gathering the information until absolutely necessary. Get them in the door as fast as possible.

Your job section reads as follows: "We don't have any revenue and we can't raise any money."

Put your logo on every page!

I second the background/credit check up sell. I would actually like to see the background check performed on the person providing the rental too. You could add a "trusted member" badge to their profile.

Also providing a way to collect rent from the roommates wouldn't be to terrible of an idea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chris_Willow

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jul 8, 2012
EU
There's an issue with the layout (firefox on mac)
Screen Shot 2013-03-27 at 9.21.29 PM.png
check out browsershots.org for cross browser compatibility testing.

rodney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 3, 2012
inland empire
Thanks nerdyworm for your valuable feedback!

Thanks, we are working on doing this.

Please enable gzip and browser caching for your assets:
https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/best-practices/payload#GzipCompression
https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/best-practices/caching#LeverageBrowserCaching
It is a super simple thing to do and really makes a difference in page load times.

There's more to our site then just finding roommates.

For some reason, I totally missed that the site was dedicated to room shares. It's completely obvious now that I actually read everything and browsed a few listings. The sign on the home page could be changed to say something like "Finding roommates easy breezy."

You can update the search results by clicking on the "Browse by Map" and zoom in or out of certain areas, it will also updates the search results as well.

I'd like to see the search results updated as I zoom into an area on the map. I zoomed into San Diego and accidentally hovered over something in Kanas. This forced me to zoom out and drag the map back over to San Diego.

We also provide a way for one click login and registration using Facebook signup or login process.

Why does signing up for your site require me to fill out an IRS form? I only wanted to add something to my favorites and come back to it later. I understand why you need all that information, but I would suggest you defer gathering the information until absolutely necessary. Get them in the door as fast as possible.

You are right! We need to update this section prompto!

Your job section reads as follows: "We don't have any revenue and we can't raise any money."

Hmm...We got to find a way to fit this somewhere.
Put your logo on every page!

Kudos! Thanks for this idea!
I second the background/credit check up sell. I would actually like to see the background check performed on the person providing the rental too. You could add a "trusted member" badge to their profile.

That's a reason why we want to resolve using our platform.

Also providing a way to collect rent from the roommates wouldn't be to terrible of an idea.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.