The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rigged For The Rich?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Food. Water. Shelter. Basic education. Basic health care. I can support these on being somewhat realistic things to provide to everyone.

Vacations and college educations a universal right? Not in a world I want to live in. A girl I knew received a breast enlargement to help with her low self-esteem issues through the public health care system in my home country. The government doesn't pay for my haircuts when I want to feel good about myself, so why don't we all have to do the same thing - save up for what we want and spend our money accordingly?

I knew this thread would deteriorate into a politics conversation.

Since when is a discussion of providing welfare and education supposed to be on this forum?

We might as well start debating health care.

[HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
Food. Water. Shelter. Basic education. Basic health care. I can support these on being somewhat realistic things to provide to everyone.
I must respectfully disagree...unless you are saying that you want to provide everyone those things out of your own pocket. Voluntary generosity is terrific, but forcing someone to pay for another's provision is just wrong...in my opinion.

Force is always required in order to use tax money to provide those benefits to their recipients. Here's why. If a person decides that they don't want to pay for someone else's haircut or breast enlargement or basic education and thus chooses to stop paying taxes...the IRS (or your equivalent) will take you to court, and if you still refuse, representatives of the gov will show up at the door with guns drawn and take you to jail. Fact.

To make the provision of these benefits even more difficult...who decides what type of food/drink should be handed out? What type of shelter should be given away? What type/level of basic education or health care? These decisions will make the effort an exercise in frustration till the end of time! People will not be content with what they are given and will always want more. It's simple human nature and common sense.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
I must respectfully disagree...unless you are saying that you want to provide everyone those things out of your own pocket. Voluntary generosity is terrific, but forcing someone to pay for another's provision is just wrong...in my opinion.

Force is always required in order to use tax money to provide those benefits to their recipients. Here's why. If a person decides that they don't want to pay for someone else's haircut or breast enlargement or basic education and thus chooses to stop paying taxes...the IRS (or your equivalent) will take you to court, and if you still refuse, representatives of the gov will show up at the door with guns drawn and take you to jail. Fact.

To make the provision of these benefits even more difficult...who decides what type of food/drink should be handed out? What type of shelter should be given away? What type/level of basic education or health care? These decisions will make the effort an exercise in frustration till the end of time! People will not be content with what they are given and will always want more. It's simple human nature and common sense.

You're preaching to the choir @OldFaithful, but I'm not one to try and change current systems. I do not see a libertarian world in my future (the opposite in fact), so while I can accept the things I listed out, I cannot accept "universal vacations" or "universal college education".

RE: taxes, you do have options. It just depends how badly you want it, even as a US citizen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!