The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Retail Apocalypse = Commercial Property Owners Desperate

Solais

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Sep 14, 2018
Navigating the New Age of Retail Real Estate

TL;DR

The "retail apocalypse" is leaving commercial property owners between a rock and a hard place. If you plan on starting a local brick-and-mortar and want to reduce your rent, this might be a great opportunity, as the business owner has the upper hand in negotiations.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Megan Kay

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Nov 27, 2018
I wonder about some creative uses of those now dead spaces. I watched a little documentary the other day where a gal is using commercial buildings as shared living spaces - Podshare. Looks like she's making bank with it, but it's not a business model I'd personally want to pursue. Would probably need high density urban areas to work, but it could be a cool thing for areas of high homelessness too.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
I wonder about some creative uses of those now dead spaces. I watched a little documentary the other day where a gal is using commercial buildings as shared living spaces - Podshare. Looks like she's making bank with it, but it's not a business model I'd personally want to pursue. Would probably need high density urban areas to work, but it could be a cool thing for areas of high homelessness too.
You could probably turn them into co-working spaces, too. Or bulk storage maybe?

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
U-Haul just bought a few to make in to storage units. Back in the late '90's someone turned the old K-Mart in Abilene Texas in to a huge storage place and it seems to have caught on a little at a time. This is actually the only time my wife and I have had a conversation about business..... we have talked about buying a storage business. Normally she and I don't talk much about business. I could see it happening if given the easy opportunity and the price is right. I could get my nephew to run the place.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ

Top of my head you could open a club but its at a new venue every week. So the holding cost and cost of having to move stuff around every week would be high but its definitely an angle , I suppose the liquor licence wouldnt transfer though?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.