• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Retail Apocalypse = Commercial Property Owners Desperate

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by Solais, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Solais

Solais Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $612
    Navigating the New Age of Retail Real Estate

TL;DR

The "retail apocalypse" is leaving commercial property owners between a rock and a hard place. If you plan on starting a local brick-and-mortar and want to reduce your rent, this might be a great opportunity, as the business owner has the upper hand in negotiations.

ironman150 likes this.
  2. Megan Kay

Megan Kay Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $252
    I wonder about some creative uses of those now dead spaces. I watched a little documentary the other day where a gal is using commercial buildings as shared living spaces - Podshare. Looks like she's making bank with it, but it's not a business model I'd personally want to pursue. Would probably need high density urban areas to work, but it could be a cool thing for areas of high homelessness too.

ValueGenerator and YoungPadawan like this.
  3. YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan Miles to go before I sleep Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,249
    You could probably turn them into co-working spaces, too. Or bulk storage maybe?

4. BusinessNoob

BusinessNoob New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $26
    Fulfillment centers for Amazon's one hour delivery service....

Artifax and amp0193 like this.
  5. NicholasCato

NicholasCato Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $153
    This 100% lol

6. minivanman

minivanman Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,120
    U-Haul just bought a few to make in to storage units. Back in the late '90's someone turned the old K-Mart in Abilene Texas in to a huge storage place and it seems to have caught on a little at a time. This is actually the only time my wife and I have had a conversation about business..... we have talked about buying a storage business. Normally she and I don't talk much about business. I could see it happening if given the easy opportunity and the price is right. I could get my nephew to run the place.

7. BusinessNoob

BusinessNoob New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $26
  8. MHP368

MHP368 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $616
    Top of my head you could open a club but its at a new venue every week. So the holding cost and cost of having to move stuff around every week would be high but its definitely an angle , I suppose the liquor licence wouldnt transfer though?

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.