The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reset to "0": Unscripting in progress

JimBumgardner

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Oct 1, 2019
Greetings all and most importantly a sincere thank you to @MJ DeMarco for "Unscripted ". Just wrapped the audio book and am still processing everything. Hence the "reset to 0" header.

This book is absolutely profound, inspiring, a helluva wake up call and a perfect blue print for a restart after some serious burnout.

In a nutshell, my career path if the past 25+ years was traditional broadcasting in radio and television. Over the past decade I transitioned over into online/social content creation. From an entrepreneurial standpoint, I constantly applied the new skills I learned, meshed.with the "old ways" of doing things in regards to programming, promotions, marketing and sales. Did a lot of good in the community working with non profits, charities and advocacy groups but never could get my fingers properly into a consistent way to monetize my efforts. Still feel great about the successes made for those groups but not so much for the personal billsthat need to be paid. ;) But I digress....

I became aware of MJ and his books from a customer I was working with at my post broadcasting gig (General Manager for a clothing retailer). The only thing he said in thenrecommemdation was "it'll change your life". I can see now he wasn't wrong.

As of this post (10/04/2019), my wife and i are in the process of searching out a new venture to pursue. While the slate is clean, the one thing I do know is that thanks to so much of what's in "Unscripted " we noe have such a better perspective on the questions we.must aske ourselves in evaluating the next journey we will be taking.

I'll keep you all posted. :)
Jim Bumgardner

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019
Welcome! Hopefully you can find a way to put those skills into a CENTS business

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey and welcome to the forum!

Its great that you are so motivated to take on the unscripted path and super cool to hear your wife is on board too.

Keep us updated :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...