The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"Research" Before Taking Action

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
While reading a book today I saw a couple interesting paragraphs that some here could benefit from(myself included). Here it is:

"People rarely make decisions as a product of long deliberation. They may take weeks to announce a decision but often make the decision in minutes, even seconds. People do not father data to make a decision; they often gather it to justify their decision. They are not accumulating understanding; they are seeking comfort and support.

Most decisions are made, then justified, rather than the other way around."

from You, Inc. The Art of Selling Yourself by Harry Beckwith and Christine Clifford Beckwith - On a side note a highly recommend this book.

I feel that this is the stage that many of us, that are delaying action by researching are doing. We know what we are going to do, but we are still in search of people that say it's a way to success. We need to take the action on our decision (which I'm sure most of us know what it is) instead of being "busy" by looking for people to comfort us by doing it before.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
I feel that this is the stage that many of us, that are delaying action by researching are doing. We know what we are going to do, but we are still in search of people that say it's a way to success. We need to take the action on our decision (which I'm sure most of us know what it is) instead of being "busy" by looking for people to comfort us by doing it before.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

I used to be a guy that would try to absorb as much information as I can about the subject that was most interesting to me (real estate), but NOT take action on what I had learned. What's the point in that?!

Since I've been taking REAL action, I feel like I'm changing as a person and as a business owner.

The funny thing is, the more you take action, the more you REALLY learn - by EXPERIENCE. And experience can't be learned from a book or by reading about it on the internet.

A good example is learning how to ride a bike - sure you can learn how to pedal and learn about this thing called balance by reading about it, but there's no substitute for actually DOING it. (And if you're anything like me, falling off a few times and scraping up your knees and elbows before getting the hang of it - referring to both riding the bike and learning your business.)

phade

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 4, 2008
Hawaii
(And if you're anything like me, falling off a few times and scraping up your knees and elbows before getting the hang of it - referring to both riding the bike and learning your business.)

:thumbsup:

That's probably the most essential part of the initial experience; as no amount of research can compare to actually dealing with, learning from, and finally overcoming, complete and utter failure.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.