The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reputation Management?!

andrewthomas

New Contributor
Jan 15, 2018
United States
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have GREAT tips for reputation management. For a company that has terrible google biz reviews, terrible yelp reviews... ouch. I've looked online.

Google biz you can reply apologizing.

Yelp.. what do you do?

Anything else?!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fvcorp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Nov 28, 2017
Canada
Thanks for taking the time to post your question @andrewthomas

It's a unique question that some of us will experience. The worst part of it being that it's often out of our control, such as bad quality product being drop-shipped by a supplier or distributor.

How can we manage our company's reputation when something like this goes down? Here's my tactile three step disaster recovery plan (I've never had to follow through on Step 3).
  1. Get in touch with each customer that has been wronged. Explain what happened to them and offer them something for their time and trouble. Don't just apologize, RECTIFY the situation.
  2. Fix the problem. Whatever happened that caused the negative PR ripple effect, squash it. If you had a bad supplier, find a new one as soon as possible. If you have been knowingly selling shitty product, take this as a final warning to make the necessary changes.
  3. Rebrand. If the damage is so bad or so vast that you can't get in touch with each customer individually, then you might need to rebrand. This is a last ditch effort. You will lose most existing customers but you will be free of the negative reputation. This is why you see "UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT" plastered on restaurants or outlet stores when they reopen. They want to distance themselves from the perception of previous management.
With more information on the type of business, I can provide more targeted answers.

• Banned

andrewthomas

New Contributor
Jan 15, 2018
United States
Thanks for taking the time to post your question @andrewthomas

It's a unique question that some of us will experience. The worst part of it being that it's often out of our control, such as bad quality product being drop-shipped by a supplier or distributor.

How can we manage our company's reputation when something like this goes down? Here's my tactile three step disaster recovery plan (I've never had to follow through on Step 3).
  1. Get in touch with each customer that has been wronged. Explain what happened to them and offer them something for their time and trouble. Don't just apologize, RECTIFY the situation.
  2. Fix the problem. Whatever happened that caused the negative PR ripple effect, squash it. If you had a bad supplier, find a new one as soon as possible. If you have been knowingly selling shitty product, take this as a final warning to make the necessary changes.
  3. Rebrand. If the damage is so bad or so vast that you can't get in touch with each customer individually, then you might need to rebrand. This is a last ditch effort. You will lose most existing customers but you will be free of the negative reputation. This is why you see "UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT" plastered on restaurants or outlet stores when they reopen. They want to distance themselves from the perception of previous management.
With more information on the type of business, I can provide more targeted answers.
Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.