- Joined
- Aug 2, 2013
- Messages
- 615
Rep Bank
$2,575
$2,575
User Power: 373%
Hi guys,
I'm a huge fan of the fastlane philosophy and would like to branch out and start something online soon. I have a question about a particular fastlane strategy that I'm just getting into.
I'm a Realtor at the moment and also make about $2,000 passive income (net) through my current investments. My recent favourite investment is in Rent-to-Own properties, or lease options. They fulfill all fastlane commandments except for Scale.
NEED:
There are many people looking for rent-to-own properties these days. Especially with the increased restrictions on getting a mortgage where I live, people are searching for other alternatives into home ownership. I also manage all of our leads at the brokerage I work for, so I talk to 10-20 rent-to-own applicants per day.
ENTRY:
We have a lot more renter applicants than investors. I think because of the horror stories or lack of knowledge of rent-to-own some are afraid to get into it.
CONTROL:
Control is assumed throughout the rent-to-own term and everything is in the investors name until the house is purchased by the renter down the road.
TIME:
The tenant takes care of everything: repairs, utilities, maintenance etc. The only thing the investor deals with is getting the initial mortgage, the closing, and cashing and dealing with bounced cheques. Usually these deals go for 3 years, so the start and end of the 3 years is when a bit more work is put into it.
INCOME POTENTIAL:
I joint-venture in the rent-to-own properties since my debt load is high with 2 properties owned and I can't get any more mortgages. I find an income partner, and my job is usually finding the deal and splitting the initial cash required to purchase the home.
The average return for investors on these properties is about 30-40% per year. In some cases it can be even greater. There is a cashflow monthly (usually between 250-500) and a large cashout at the end of the term (in the property I'm invested in now I'll get about $30,000).
Is this fastlane?
Do you think it is a good use of my time to keep investing in these properties, growing my cashflow, and seeing the cashout at the end of the 3 years, or would this be better to focus on as an investment aside from a fastlane (online) business system?
Your thoughts would be much appreciated!
I'm a huge fan of the fastlane philosophy and would like to branch out and start something online soon. I have a question about a particular fastlane strategy that I'm just getting into.
I'm a Realtor at the moment and also make about $2,000 passive income (net) through my current investments. My recent favourite investment is in Rent-to-Own properties, or lease options. They fulfill all fastlane commandments except for Scale.
NEED:
There are many people looking for rent-to-own properties these days. Especially with the increased restrictions on getting a mortgage where I live, people are searching for other alternatives into home ownership. I also manage all of our leads at the brokerage I work for, so I talk to 10-20 rent-to-own applicants per day.
ENTRY:
We have a lot more renter applicants than investors. I think because of the horror stories or lack of knowledge of rent-to-own some are afraid to get into it.
CONTROL:
Control is assumed throughout the rent-to-own term and everything is in the investors name until the house is purchased by the renter down the road.
TIME:
The tenant takes care of everything: repairs, utilities, maintenance etc. The only thing the investor deals with is getting the initial mortgage, the closing, and cashing and dealing with bounced cheques. Usually these deals go for 3 years, so the start and end of the 3 years is when a bit more work is put into it.
INCOME POTENTIAL:
I joint-venture in the rent-to-own properties since my debt load is high with 2 properties owned and I can't get any more mortgages. I find an income partner, and my job is usually finding the deal and splitting the initial cash required to purchase the home.
The average return for investors on these properties is about 30-40% per year. In some cases it can be even greater. There is a cashflow monthly (usually between 250-500) and a large cashout at the end of the term (in the property I'm invested in now I'll get about $30,000).
Is this fastlane?
Do you think it is a good use of my time to keep investing in these properties, growing my cashflow, and seeing the cashout at the end of the 3 years, or would this be better to focus on as an investment aside from a fastlane (online) business system?
Your thoughts would be much appreciated!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
