The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Releasing gym product during C0VlD-19 pandemic?

LordMadHuntsman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 14, 2019
Hi everyone,

So I've been working on this app for really long time I've worked with many proffessionals to get it the way I want and finally I think it looks great. It's been done for 3 months now and I have everything setup landing pages, marketing strategy etc.., but the problem is that the app can't be in use to anyone if the gyms are closed, so I haven't released it yet because if you have many downloads during the first week of release in app store you will get boosted on the search ranks and since nobody can use it now I don't think anyone will download it.
So when do you think I should release? I've heard that the gyms in US are open, but the situation in Europe is bad I don't see gyms opening everywhere till the end of the summer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TinyTim

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 1, 2016
The World
Hi everyone,

So I've been working on this app for really long time I've worked with many proffessionals to get it the way I want and finally I think it looks great. It's been done for 3 months now and I have everything setup landing pages, marketing strategy etc.., but the problem is that the app can't be in use to anyone if the gyms are closed, so I haven't released it yet because if you have many downloads during the first week of release in app store you will get boosted on the search ranks and since nobody can use it now I don't think anyone will download it.
So when do you think I should release? I've heard that the gyms in US are open, but the situation in Europe is bad I don't see gyms opening everywhere till the end of the summer.
Can the app not help people who are working out at home, or is it only for those with access to every piece of gym equipment?

By the way, gyms in the UK are opening on 12th April, so only a few weeks.

LordMadHuntsman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jan 14, 2019
Can the app not help people who are working out at home, or is it only for those with access to every piece of gym equipment?

By the way, gyms in the UK are opening on 12th April, so only a few weeks.
Thanks for the answer Tim,

No, it's not possible to help people working out at home I was thinking of adding a feature like this, but it will kill the identity of the app and then I have to compete with big names like Less Mills and Apple Fitness plus

12th April that's good news I was thinking mid-April too, can someone share what's the situation in USA I may do targeted advertisement for USA, UK and other countries that have open gyms.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Things are kind of opening back up here in Canada, wanted to share an idea that I had that won't be done by me, a boxing bag with arms on it so you can practice punching through someones hands, don't think I've ever seen one of those, maybe you could try that out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Keeton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 17, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone,

Here in the U.S I believe all the gyms are open. They were all open in my home state, and I moved to a new state and they are all open here. So I think you would be fine to launch it in north America. Like @sparechange said. Things are starting to open up in Canada.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.