The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Regaining the Fastlane Paradigm and Overcoming Adversity

Anything related to matters of the mind

TheNectarOfCow

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 28, 2021
I'm hoping this reaches someone who has gone through a similar struggle because, in short, I need guidance.

Reading the Millionaire Fastlane back in March 2019 changed my life. I immediately got to work. I learned a massive skillset in a short 9 months, then began developing my first application.

Come January, I was forced to pack up and move to the other side of the planet for visa related reasons. Happy about the move, but the virus hadn't touched our part (Brisbane, AU) throughout this pandemic. Coming home was a huge change.

I'm an extrovert in the way that being isolated drains me, big time. Not in a "Now I cant go get loaded at the bar with my buddies, boo hoo" drain, but more like a "I cant get out of bed because I want to die" drain. I slowly degressed, and my 50% complete application hadn't been touched in 3 months because even booting up linux makes me terrified. To be clear, I LOVED what I was doing 5 months ago, nothing about the work itself changed, but everything else in my life did. I went from exercising 5 times a week to none for 4 months, and I feel awful about it. The burning desire to create this incredible app had become debilitatingly hindered by depression.

I was struggling to regain my footing day after day for months, I was nearly killed in a major bicycle accident (attached photo, sorry for the blood).I sustained a lot of blood loss and a severe concussion which resulted in a diagnosis of BPPD, an intense vertigo so bad I couldnt walk on my own until an angel of a doctor was able to treat me (4 ER visits later). Getting a free nose job on the government's coin is pretty cool though haha.

It's been 3 weeks of recovering, doing better now and can walk on my own, but I'll be damned if I said it hasn't been F*cking hard. The fire is still burning in me, but the obsessive purpose had months ago has been clouded by my mental and physical health, and I find myself banging my head against the wall trying to think my way out of this and I know that's not a solution.

Has anyone else here had to face mental health issues on their journey, and if so, how did you persevere? Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.