The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reddit slow-laner's hate on rich persons Instagram (link)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
Click here to view the post

Funny how other people hate on that, but for people like us (and me) it just inspires us. How many people who hated on it or who it made "their blood boil" will end up rich in their lifetime? :smilielol:

There's also a comment on the top posts that describes what it's like to be born rich.

It can be viewed here

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Hey, I don't like rich kids either. They waste what their parents have worked so hard for and it makes my blood boil as well.

But I have the sense to befriend them. One of my best friends' parents clear between $500k-$1 million per year as Slowlaners who leverage Fastlane techniques (they have regular jobs but they have a real estate holding company in New Jersey). They are immigrants from China who came to America as educated middle-class people. She told me that her parents weren't around for most of her childhood and that they often moved around as they built up their careers and business. Her parents worked hard for what they have now and are still working despite the fact that they can retire at any time.

Instead of looking at rich kids with disgust, ask them what their parents do for a living. You may just get a story out of them and you will definitely learn something.

theDarkness

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 11, 2012
Rich kids of instagram might be the most boring tumblr I've ever seen. I'm going to assume it was funnier when it started.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
tumblr_mau1paiQL51rb86ldo1_400.jpg

Rich kids aren't bad people.

mohawkdcg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Aug 31, 2012
OC Cal
I believe their subconscious (or conscience) goal is to bring people wealthier than themselves down to their level. This helps relieve them of any feelings about being more productive with their time. Or guilt that they haven't done better. If they allowed those feelings in that would mean they need to work hard at something and risk failure.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I was about to say something like "rich kids don't spend all their time on Tumblr and Facebook" but I know that's a lie. Rich kids are just like regular kids, except their parents have more money.

As far as bringing them down to their level, I think that middle-class kids feel like they are better than rich kids because they have so-called 'values' but in reality, they do the same things as rich kids, just on a smaller scale. Most of that Tumblr is just rich kids drinking expensive alcohol. Middle-class kids drink cheap alcohol. It's all the same.

At the same time, yes they are jealous. I'm jealous of so-called 'rich kids' because I know I'm going to have to work harder to live the same way. Something I wondered, though: do rich parents give their kids income-producing investment funds so that they never have to work, ever?

Related:

65390_10151072321117132_1040984574_n.jpg

When her parents find out that she rented out an entire Korean restaurant to celebrate her one year anniversary with her boyfriend (not husband, but boyfriend) they will flip.

Tiger

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Mar 8, 2011
Nothing wrong with being a rich kid.

The problem is many of them not appreciating how fortunate they are and what all that money does to their sense of self and who they are.

I must admit I know a lot of rich kids that are/were negatively affected by their parents' wealth. Some badly addicted to drugs. Suicide. Some just complete cunts and lacking in basic humanity. You can see why there are some billionaires that have vowed to give all of their money away to charity when they pass on.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
"Of the billionaires I have known, money just brings out the basic traits in them. If they were jerks before they had money, they are simply jerks with a billion dollars." - Warren Buffett

OzGrinder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
"Of the billionaires I have known, money just brings out the basic traits in them. If they were jerks before they had money, they are simply jerks with a billion dollars." - Warren Buffett

I don't think Buffet has ever said anything I didn't agree with or find insightful. From everything I've read/seen/know about him he seems like a very intelligent, yet down to earth guy. I have massive amounts of respect for him.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
THIS bs is a cancer to this country.

sigurdur

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Oct 26, 2012
Iceland
Rich kids are just like regular kids, except their parents have more money.
+1

I guess some of rich kids problems will be different due to no lack of money.

But that said, doesn't anyone see the moneymaker here..???
This tumblr site is just a collection of stolen "rich kid" pics to irritate other people and they've got a HOT reddit post.
All around the main content are are advertisements.

This site probably gets a ton of visits from angry/jealous people .. that click ads .. which creates a passive money tree for the founder.
Damn good idea IMO.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
There's also a comment on the top posts that describes what it's like to be born rich.

It can be viewed here

I would be willing to wager that the person that wrote the post from the first person perspective of being born into money... wasn't. Self flagellation is not a hallmark of people with real money.

The post clearly describes what it would be like to be born rich... from the eyes of someone that wasn't born rich. In reality, this is one of the most greed envy posts I have ever seen if you look at it from an objective perspective.

All they did was write an articulate wanna be post from someone with no money imagining what it would be like to have money. The way you can tell it's not legit is they used several positives, but from the perspective of envy they developed them into negatives. Someone with cash wouldn't do that.

There are challenges for sure to be from "old money." Reddit started boring me months ago. Once you realize most of the people on there are trolls looking for as many comments to fuel their creative writing skills... it kind of loses it's luster.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
I have become so fed up with the average persons outlook on the successful people in the world. I have noticed myself not giving people the right away while im in my car and little things like that.... i have started to believe everyone around me are these people posting this hatred on these sites towards the successful.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have become so fed up with the average persons outlook on the successful people in the world. I have noticed myself not giving people the right away while im in my car and little things like that.... i have started to believe everyone around me are these people posting this hatred on these sites towards the successful.

Agreed. This "F*ck them because they are successful" mentality just eats at me. The majority of people feel this way too. :(

theDarkness

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 11, 2012

Most people don't really care who you are. Or who anyone is. 90% of them are too self-involved to even really notice anything about you, unless maybe you slapped them in the face and insulted their mother.

“You will become way less concerned with what other people think of you when you realize how seldom they do.â€

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

It seems it's due to an external locus of control, as if there is some 'outside force' that decides whether or not you are successful. Like you have to have won the 'lucky sperm lottery' to be rich, or have to be a basketball player or an amazing singer.

It's sad to me.

Update: My rich friend took her boyfriend to Morimoto NYC (a famous upscale Japanese restaurant, average bill $200/person) for his birthday. Her parents are going to kill her and take away her no-limit credit card.

I don't hate her, even though I ate a frozen pizza for lunch (and dinner) today. I just hope she realizes that she can't be doing that when she graduates and gets a job. Knowing her parents, they aren't going to keep floating her for very long.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Agreed. This "F*ck them because they are successful" mentality just eats at me. The majority of people feel this way too.

Not to get political. But I find it ironic that we live in a country that vehemently preaches equality yet just because you add more value and therefore make more money you should pay more taxes. :confused:

Jealousy, confusion, ignorance from these type fuels the fire that so desperately wants to burn down the hand wealth and value that actually helps society. Its almost like suicide.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
The only solution to hate is compassion. All other solutions breed the same hate. I understand the hate and I accept it. It is what it is.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Not to get political. But I find it ironic that we live in a country that vehemently preaches equality yet just because you add more value and therefore make more money you should pay more taxes. :confused:

Jealousy, confusion, ignorance from these type fuels the fire that so desperately wants to burn down the hand wealth and value that actually helps society. Its almost like suicide.

We were not founded on equality. We were founded on premise of freedom. The more and more equality you use government to achieve the more and more freedoms you lose. It is just how it is, reguardless of political affiliation.

I have decided to capitalize on this monster of a government. More to come my friends.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
We were not founded on equality. We were founded on premise of freedom. The more and more equality you use government to achieve the more and more freedoms you lose. It is just how it is, reguardless of political affiliation.

I have decided to capitalize on this monster of a government. More to come my friends.

What i was getting at is we should have a flat tax. Its easy to vote for a tax increase when you don't even pay taxes.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You are absolutely right! It is so easy for people who don't pay ANY taxes to vote for new spending. To me a flat tax is everyone's fair share.

Let the people vote on their own tax rates then force the government to operate within this range. This only works with a flat tax. Otherwise it is a conflict of interest. You can't let poor people decide the tax rate for successful people. That, to me is immoral theft.

TheBigPill

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Aug 6, 2012
Update: My rich friend took her boyfriend to Morimoto NYC (a famous upscale Japanese restaurant, average bill $200/person) for his birthday. Her parents are going to kill her and take away her no-limit credit card.

I don't hate her, even though I ate a frozen pizza for lunch (and dinner) today. I just hope she realizes that she can't be doing that when she graduates and gets a job. Knowing her parents, they aren't going to keep floating her for very long.

Of she normally does stuff like this that credit card would've been canceled eons ago. Let her make her own money so she'll understand its value.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Of she normally does stuff like this that credit card would've been canceled eons ago. Let her make her own money so she'll understand its value.

She's expecting a 6-figure job out of college. Poor girl is going to have a rude awakening...

I love her despite her silliness.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I had a room mate that thought his finance degree would get him a CFO job when he got out. He works at a car dealership.

mrsilva

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 25, 2012
Sometimes they don't even realize what is rich or poor. They were just born that way.

[video=youtube_share;7xhuSxyHWRw]http://youtu.be/7xhuSxyHWRw[/video]

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
My attention span is 1/60th of that video.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.