The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Red Bull VS The World

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I've been becoming really interested in how brands compete with each other, lately I've been thinking about how as an end consumer, we make subconscious decisions on whether to buy something or not. As fastlaners when we are out in the world we should always be looking at how brands are interacting with their customers.

See the Mcdonalds sign at the bus stop? Hmmm, maybe on the way home we can stop by a McDonalds, I haven't ate for the past few hours!

Boom, customer acquired and you have a sale.

Recently some of my weekly purchases have included Redbull, a brand that's absolutely fascinating to me, I don't watch or follow their instagram page, or facebook, or anything actually. I have no involvement with them at all during my ''online life''.

What does that mean for us as fastlaners? Are you building a business that is just online? Do real people, in the real world interact with your brand or product? Some thought provoking questions that popped up in my head when I was at the store today.

So me wanting a quick snack I popped by the local grocery store on foot, a nice quick walk in, thinking I'll just go in and out. But I saw something new, well... I've seen it a few times at other locations but today I thought of trying it out, why not?

I tried a different energy drink! Ok so? Who cares..

Well here's my point I'm trying to make, how does this new brand, convince me to purchase their brand instead of Redbull? As fastlaners, we need to understand our subconscious mind, exploring why we make purchasing decisions, for me, I just love the color blue, the Redbull cans are beautifully designed and for some reason I'm just compelled to buy them. The other energy drink? Just a flat color, boring, uninspiring.

Another thing to consider what is their expansion plan? How are they going to outsell Redbull? Can they monopolize the market? What's the marketing strategy? I looked into the competitors online presence and they are poking jokes at Redbull, posting pictures of the product, and getting out in grocery stores doing free samples to customers.

Are they going about how they are trying to expand correctly? Who knows, I'm not an expert. But lets get one thing straight, REDBULL is kicking their a$$ into the ground right now, if you goto the store you'll see dozens and dozens of Redbulls around, I think a big part of their sucess is the same strategy Mcdonalds & Starbucks took, BE EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME.

Do the two owners of the product really have a different product? Sure just a bit, the flavor was a little bit less sugary, more fizzy. I think it might of even tasted a little bit better!?

One thing is for certain.

BOTH creators of RedBull & brand Y............ THINK

Yes THINK, completely differently on how to grow a brand/expand business. 100% FACTS, the methods they use differ.

Brand Y is getting smoked right now, absolutely slaughtered. I can't seem to find exact numbers but Redbull, Monster, Nos and perhaps a few others are killing them aswell.

So, as fastlaners, with our own business's we need to think, how can we compete with other brands?

Here's a fun little exercise you can do, If you had product Y, how would you beat Redbull? Just some thought provoking questions I wanted to share with everyone. Relate it to YOUR business, maybe you are thinking about acquiring customers, marketing and sales all wrong!

Have a great day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
I wouldn’t compete with redbull, I’d try to create my own niche, you can’t outmarket them and you can’t go about the better taste route because honestly it doesn’t even matter.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
What they did in F1 was pretty remarkable. Essentially have two teams now, the main one almost paying for itself.

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
What they did in F1 was pretty remarkable. Essentially have two teams now, the main one almost paying for itself.
They'll take over esports soon enough, they're organizing GIGANTIC competitions like red bull MEO that take place in hundreds of countries, completely insane to think how wide is their reach.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
They'll take over esports soon enough, they're organizing GIGANTIC competitions like red bull MEO that take place in hundreds of countries, completely insane to think how wide is their reach.
It's impressive.

Dignium

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Oct 6, 2017
San Jose, CA Bigg Biz Cluster of Software Fastlane
Red Bull has created a lifestyle around their brand which is an extension of brand identity to consumers. Now they’re building a culture in their brand.

Redbull is a relatively higher margin product compared to the broader energy drink sector, and they cast their net wide and finer than other brands. Making quarters per each can sold funds all the content creation and sponsoring you can want to fuel the feedback loop. Redbull also has many variants from their core drink to cater to edge consumers, which strengthens the flagship original. Right now, Redbull is a semi-productocracy because they have edges in their overall strategy that draw and pulls people in, compare that to McDonalds who has to push and nudge people in all the time, even for limited time menu items.

Redbull appeals to the above-mediocrity desires of the masses with them not even knowing it. IMO, The drink itself tastes and feels better than competing energy drinks, even of similar flavor. Very smooth, goes down easy, no unpleasant aftertaste, so much so that I wish I can get a regular soda that tastes like redbull. I imagine many other people who have had Red Bull place it higher in finish over monster or rockstar. If that’s true, they got a higher than average product to go with their higher than average brand persona.

Real estate transactions are being disrupted by Fastlaners who are producing for the broad consumer. Nearly everyone in the developed world will buy or sell a property at least once in their lifetime and if services like Reali can profit just 1% from tens and hundreds of billions of transaction volume, it makes the founders and owners billionaires, by affecting billions of people x billions.

If you want to be in the billionaire Fastlane you need to get into the unconscious and subconscious of the broad consumer, in a high magnitude industry. One way is to Grow into a incumbent brand management company like Proctor and Gamble, Kimberly Clarke, SC Johnson)

Redbull is a great large company to study their marketing and product strategies.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.