The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Recommended Audio Books

Mimi Phan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 5, 2017
San Diego, CA
Hello everyone,
My friend sent me the Unscripted book more than a year ago via Audible and ever since I am hooked with audio books. With the membership I only get 1 book/month but I have been purchasing more than one a month. I have a collection ranging from entrepreneurship, to relationships, to sale strategies, to self-motivation. However, after a while I feel like the books are somewhat similar in the messages and I feel that I didn't gain much from them. It'd be great if you can recommend me some books that are available on Audible that are useful to entrepreneurs.
Some books I have listened: Unscripted , Fast Lane, Zero to One, #AskGraryVee, You are Badass, Girl, wash your face, 12 Rules for Life, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, Unfu*k Yourself, She Means Business, Successful Women Speak Differently, #GirlBoss, Rich Dad's Before You Quit Your Job, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Sell or Be Sold, The Millionaire Next Door, The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster, The Miracle Morning for Entrepreneurs.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jwhanke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Mar 26, 2018
Akron, OH
Some highly influencial books for me you didn't mention above.

The Richest Man in Babeylon - George Clason
Basic financial knowledge told in parobles. Most people don't follow any of this advice....

Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki
Highly influencial book for me. A lot of his lessons are good just it's important not to hero worship RK

Captivate by Vannesa van Edwards and the Like Switch by Jack Shafer
Not necessarily just related to Entrepreneurship but both books are about how to be better with people, which to me is extremely important not just to business but life

Rework by Jason fried
One of Mark Cubans favorite books, has a similar message to MJs book. About getting important stuff done instead of pointless crap. If it provides value and you have sales that's more important then company shirts or venture capital

You'll be surprised how many books you can read with the audible habit!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Zero to One Peter Thiel
The Snowball (about Warren Buffett) by Alice Schroeder
The Power of Habit Charles Duhigg
Good Profit Charles Koch
Principles Ray Dalio
The First Billion is the Hardest T Boone Pickens
The Hacking of the American Mind... Forgot the author

Some of my more recent favorites on Audible.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
The Willpower Instinct by Kelly McGonigal - one of my favorites, although I wish she or a female read it.
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin Sharma - great book, similar to The Alchemist, one of my all-time favorites.

I'm currently listening to The Millionaire Fastlane - Read the book, but I wanted the ability to listen to it whenever I'm doing something like driving to and from work. It's a great way to reinforce the principles. I'm planning on doing it with Unscripted as well, and,

The Success Principles by Jack Canfield - Author of the Chicken Soup For the Soul series. Very long book at 21hrs and has a lot of good insights, but eventually you start hearing the same concepts over and over. There comes a time when you need to move onto more practical books.

Mimi Phan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 5, 2017
San Diego, CA
Thank you for the suggestions! I have listened to Unscripted and Fastlane for at least 5x each since I got them. Sometimes I just need to remind myself to work harder toward the goals :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.