The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Really Good Book For Copywriting and Content Marketing

Marketing, social media, advertising

JaxAttacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
May 16, 2015
California
I'm almost done reading Everybody Writes by Ann Handley (from MarketingProfs) and it's really good. It's a guide to writing great content that helps your business.

"Finally a go-to guide to creating and publishing the kind of content that will make your business thrive.
Everybody Writes is a go-to guide to attracting and retaining customers through stellar online communication, because in our content-driven world, every one of us is, in fact, a writer.
If you have a web site, you are a publisher. If you are on social media, you are in marketing. And that means that we are all relying on our words to carry our marketing messages. We are all writers."
-From the book description

Ann knows her stuff and reading her writing is fun and educational. I'd definitely recommend her book. Anyone else read it?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1501200607/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tyler Ellison

Digital Advertising Ninja
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 18, 2015
Brazil
I know it's been a while since you posted, but has this book actually changed results in your business in any way? What was the biggest takeaway from it?

I'm always interested in learning to write better, but from reading the description it didn't convince me.

JaxAttacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
May 16, 2015
California
I know it's been a while since you posted, but has this book actually changed results in your business in any way? What was the biggest takeaway from it?

I'm always interested in learning to write better, but from reading the description it didn't convince me.

Personally, the biggest takeaway I got from it was reduced fear around writing. The book encourages you to make writing a routine/habit. It also has quite a bit of actionable advice for marketing writing including things like the top writing mistakes marketers make. I think what made me enjoy the book the most is that it mirrors what MJ says, that it's not about you or what you want, it's all about your audience and what they want.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
I feel like I should leave this here.
Cone.jpg

This picture basically tells you that you learn best through your own experience. Since you only retain around 10% of what you read, you would have to read that book atleast 10 times to fully retain everything , I think that's why it's been recommended to read TMF that many times around here.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Cone.jpg

This picture basically tells you that you learn best through your own experience. Since you only retain around 10% of what you read, you would have to read that book atleast 10 times to fully retain everything , I think that's why it's been recommended to read TMF that many times around here.
@Luffy,

Thanks for posting this! I used to make my living as an actor and - in reference to the first foundational brick in the pyramid (Doing) - was always asked how I could remember all those lines. You'd be surprised at what you can retain when rehearsing a play 10 hours a day for 3 weeks straight. The same scenes over and over and over.

I'm sure @Arrabista would agree.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
Cone.jpg

I think I will take this with me and unsubtly put it down in front of all the people who keep telling me how they've read all the "Make Your Millions" books and 5 months after closing the book they're still poor.

Luffy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Dec 20, 2014
@Luffy,

Thanks for posting this! I used to make my living as an actor and - in reference to the first foundational brick in the pyramid (Doing) - was always asked how I could remember all those lines. You'd be surprised at what you can retain when rehearsing a play 10 hours a day for 3 weeks straight. The same scenes over and over and over.

You're welcome @Chitown that's amazing you did that.
@Imgal It will definitely be a wake-up call for them.

Arrabista

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Jul 22, 2012
United Arab Emirates
@Luffy,

Amen to that brother! ..absolutely agree , with active learning you always retain more :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.