The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Real Estate Webinar from Gusan of Ferrari Chat

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
GLC, who's a successful real estate investor over on Ferrari Chat is rumored to be working on offering a webinar for those who might be interested.

I copy/pasted this from "Kaoss" of Cat's Exotics from another board. I have no idea if any of this is true or not. Could be interesting for those interested in real estate if it is.

Rumor has it, well it's not really a rumor if it comes from the source....LOL...Gus will be offering a "how to become rich in real estate" webinar for anyone who might be interested.

There are some stipulations to attending this educational, informative, innovative, and highly lucrative presentation...however Gus has not released those stipulations as of yet, only asked me to post this invitation to any and all who would like to attend and learn the secrets of his success.

He also said that the person who exhibits the most enthusiasm and true desire to learn his secrets, will win a one week trip to his estate in Illinois where you will dine, learn, sleep and absorb all that is Gus...which includes driving a different exotic car each day of the week during your stay, mileage restrictions apply. There might be some pooper scooper duties in there since he does have 14 dogs!!!

So there ya go...rules and guidelines to follow from the man himself...but for now, y'all know what's comin!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm not sure of his background, but the guy owns like 15 exotic cars and lives in Barrington Hills (which is a balling suburb of Chicago). If real estate was my gig I'd be on this like white on rice!!

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Very interesting. Please do keep us informed.

Z5 FILMS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 13, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
I just talked to Glc. It's for real. He said he's taking 12 people under his wing for a 18 month program.

Interest parties need to contact Kevin ASAP (like NOW). It's first come first serve.

Contact Kevin @ 503-524-9276 for details.

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
I'm not sure of his background, but the guy owns like 15 exotic cars and lives in Barrington Hills (which is a balling suburb of Chicago). If real estate was my gig I'd be on this like white on rice!!

Gus specializes in apartment buildings.

I can't keep track of his car collection because it changes on a weekly basis, but he has more than 30 exotics.

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
I just talked to GLC. It's for real. He said he's taking 12 people under his wing for a 18 month program.

Interest parties need to contact Kevin ASAP (like NOW). It's first come first serve.

Contact Kevin @ 503-524-9276 for details.

When did you talk to Gus?? On the phone??

Gus and I are good friends, and I just got off the phone with him. The whole deal sounded a bit odd to me, so I wanted to get the facts straight from the source. Before people get too wound up, let me clear the air:

1. There is no such "apprentice" program
2. Gus is NOT hosting some investment seminar at his home
3. Kevin has nothing to do with this (no need to call him)

Gus loves to joke around and have a good time. This whole deal was a joke in another forum, and apparently someone took it as fact and ran with it. Gus said that he got a PM from someone (Z5, maybe??) written in some type of slang, asking about this deal. Gus thought the person was joking around (due to the language in the PM) and responded back. He thought that he was being quite clear that it was a joke, but apparently not.

In the end, he's gotten quite a kick out of this. As I said, he loves to joke around and this one certainly gave him more than he ever thought. I just didn't want a bunch of people getting the impression that there was going to be this huge contest, only to be disappointed when the truth came to light.

On the bright side, Gus does plan to host some Q&A sessions about real estate investing. I'm not sure how quickly those sessions will launch (they're taking place in a couple of other forums) but I'd be happy to let everyone know (assuming that's ok with MJ and the crew).

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
It'd be great if we can get access to his success story and/or business ideas and how he made it.
Any links to interesting articles he has posted?

dhuang

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Aug 16, 2007
lol...

And I was looking forward to this. Been in front of the computer for too long these days. I want to take a stab at the RE market!

His story is definitely a great one, and he sounds like one of the most down to earth people I have ever come across.

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
It'd be great if we can get access to his success story and/or business ideas and how he made it.
Any links to interesting articles he has posted?

This is a very brief story that Gus wrote about his life. I know that it doesn't talk about his actual success in real estate, but I think it paints a pretty vivid picture of where he came from.

I dropped out of college in 1986 and got a great job as a stockbroker. Made an average of $30K per month and started spending money like there was no tomorrow. I was good at what I did and eventually got my series 24 and became a branch manager. Had a partner, cosigned for him and his family, and he ended up skipping on me. I was left with over $200K worth credit card bills, car notes, etc. This was 1990, and the country was going through a recession. Had a baby and the firm I was with went bankrupt. Went to five different brokerage houses and every company closed their doors. Had no choice to file personal bankrupcy in 1992. Worked odd and ends while going to school. Things were looking up for me. Got hooked up with a contractor and we became partners. Made modest income and decided to go back to college so I can be a role model for my kids. Did not want my kids telling me in the future, "Dad, you did not graduate from college so why are you telling me to go?" Eventually got my bachelors degree in 1997. Partner and I took on a big job and ran out of money. Lost everything I had. June, 1998, first wife left me and the three kids and said she had enough. Went into depression and decided to join the police department again (Whenever things went bad for me, I always returned to law enforcement field because I had alot of friends at various agencies). Took exam again, POWER test, psych, background, etc. and was scheduled to start October 13, 1998. Friday October 9, 1998, go to friends cleaners with old uniforms to get altered. Start drinking at 10 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. Take my 1985 Honda Prelude with only liability insurance and get into wreck. Get transported to trauma unit. Cops responding were all of my buddies but nurse threw stink and was going to call press so I end up with DUI. Try to report to work, but my police department personnel investigator tells me I got suspended for one year for the DUI. Do not have job, lost car since I only had liability insurance, lost home, so I packed up my crayons and my three kids and moved to my parents house. My father always looked at me with disgust and my brother donated his wife`s Honda Accord. This is where I learned that I was alone and had three kids that depended on me. All of my friends turned on me and did not want to do nothing with me. My mother gave me $20.00 for the week for fuel. Left the house at 5 in the morning and did not get home until 11 at night. Seven days a week, including holidays. When I returned home, I saw my three kids sleeping innocently (Ages 6, 4, and 2). My girlfriend (who is now my wife) was the only person that had faith in me. She use to give me $100.00 every other week from her job as a project manager. I hated everyone and the whole world. Then one day, when I got home, I stared at my three kids sleeping and broke down. It seemed like everyone was against me and my friends did not want anything to do with me since I blamed my problems on everybody else besides me. I promised my three children, and God, that I will be someone in life and that if God gives me the strength and energy for me to get back on my feet, I will help others and treat others the way I want to be treated. From that moment on, I had a total different outlook on life. Days went by and in May, 1999 I bought my first brand new pickup truck (1999 GMC Sierra). My payments were $843.00 per month and appreciate the truck every moment I owned it. Due to the bleak past, I always thought that I was going to get this truck repossessed. I still own it to this day and is still my daily driver. I call it my LUCKY TRUCK.

8 SNAKE

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 15, 2007
Midwest
Gus asked me to post this follow-up response to the initial topic of this thread.

I was thinking about having a new thread in two forums, Talk Lambo and Exotic Car Collections maybe once a week like Mike stated. I am no expert in real estate but may offer some help to people who are interested in being in my field. I will tell you the mistakes I have made and how I overcame the hardships during my growth stage. I have no intention on capitalizing on helping people. My biggest reward is seeing a person succeed and being a part of their success and them inviting me to go shopping together for their first exotic car. Mike, if you would post this comment on the business forum to explain to members that Kevin and I were joking about the apprenticeship program with the stipulation of getting banned from FChat and recruiting 300 members. I am a very private person but do get a kick with honest good hearted people who share the same goals and interests as I do. I do not believe in bragging nor am I no different than the guy that makes minimum wage down the street. Thank you again, and stay tuned to have a BLAST and learn from one another.

Glc

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If we can get an official posting, it would be great to put it in our "Success Stories" section. Maybe Ill move this there..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.