The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Real estate, USA or Canada ?

Learn how to build wealth and win financial freedom the Fastlane way!

Say "NO" to mediocre living rife with jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs who are making it happen.
Join for FREE Today
Get the books
Remove ads? Join Fastlane INSIDERS
(Registration removes this block)

gnzsnhz98

PARKED
Oct 13, 2021
Hello everyone, i hope all of you have a nice day.
My name is Gonzalo and i live in chile.
Im looking move to other country and i have two options to choose, USA or Canada. Before take a decision i have been looking many articles of taxes in both countries but i think is better ask to the entrepeneuer of this forum. Im looking to initiate a business in a real estate but I could not decide which country will be better to initiate this activity.
Which country is the best to initiate real estate activity in terms of: taxes, buy, rent, lending, for me now I considerate that taxes is the most important topic in real estate.

Thanks everyone can help me to take a decision.

PS: I dont publish a poll because I wanna read arguments to the answers

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Mar 15, 2018
RE is a local business. One street over and you have a different picture for investment thesis.
Yet your question is so broad that I don't even know where to begin.
What is your criteria? You need to be more specific if you want help.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
If you plan on moving and becoming a citizen just keep in mind that USA essentially makes you a tax prisoner for life.

Like Antifragile said, both countries are insanely massive and real estate varies from the country side to the city, to different communities in each city, to literal individual streets.

thechosen1

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Aug 25, 2020
USA
These types of real estate questions never make sense. People ask what state to invest in, what country, what market... It's super duper specific and local, it is even more niche than that, your specific property and lot and building really makes the deal work. You can make a good deal happen right in your own backyard if you do it right, or you can lose your a$$.

Find the deal. You aren't buying a country. The taxes on the property are just one detail out of a laundry list of details.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Must Read Books...

Explore books recommended by MJ DeMarco and other members of the Fastlane entrepreneurial community.
Fastlane Bookstore