What do you guys think of my real estate investment goals and tentative acquisition plan?
Thanks!
**********************************************************************
Goal
**********************************************************************
Invest in 100 units of multifamily residential and commercial properties over the next 10 years (2008 - 2018) making at least one purchase every 2 years starting in 2008. The average net profit for the units will be $200 per unit with a net monthly income of $20,000 per month. Collectively, the units will increase at a conservative appreciation level of at least 6% annually.
Note: I am using S.M.A.R.T criteria for defining my goals.
Under this criteria, the goal must be Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Realistic,
and Time-based.
Reference: http://www.topachievement.com/smart.html
http://www.projectsmart.co.uk/smart-goals.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMART_(project_management)
**********************************************************************
Plan
**********************************************************************
I am still working on the details of my plan.
Generally, I plan to start out slowly acquiring properties every 2 years starting in 2008 with the purchase of a quadraplex. As I gain more knowledge and experience, I plan to add more properties. The 2 year wait period gives me an opportunity to stabilize my newly acquired property, increase appreciation using force appreciation (improve property and increase rents), allow inflation and demand appreciation to increase value, and equity to build up. The increase in value of my current property will be used to secure financing for next property.
Attached is projected schedule of acquisition.
Thanks!
**********************************************************************
Goal
**********************************************************************
Invest in 100 units of multifamily residential and commercial properties over the next 10 years (2008 - 2018) making at least one purchase every 2 years starting in 2008. The average net profit for the units will be $200 per unit with a net monthly income of $20,000 per month. Collectively, the units will increase at a conservative appreciation level of at least 6% annually.
Note: I am using S.M.A.R.T criteria for defining my goals.
Under this criteria, the goal must be Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Realistic,
and Time-based.
Reference: http://www.topachievement.com/smart.html
http://www.projectsmart.co.uk/smart-goals.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMART_(project_management)
**********************************************************************
Plan
**********************************************************************
I am still working on the details of my plan.
Generally, I plan to start out slowly acquiring properties every 2 years starting in 2008 with the purchase of a quadraplex. As I gain more knowledge and experience, I plan to add more properties. The 2 year wait period gives me an opportunity to stabilize my newly acquired property, increase appreciation using force appreciation (improve property and increase rents), allow inflation and demand appreciation to increase value, and equity to build up. The increase in value of my current property will be used to secure financing for next property.
Attached is projected schedule of acquisition.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
