The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Real Estate Books

For any book discussion

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
The books that I learned from are old but still relevant. The examples would be using outdated numbers though.

How to Buy and Sell Apartment Buildings by Eugene Vollucci discusses market cycles and how to buy at the right place at the right time.

The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Apartment Buildings by Steve Berges. He talks about the value play and how to buy distressed properties with the intent to make them operate better.

I have not had a need to read any books on the topic. There is not much that I am going to learn from them. Any titles that I have are MANY years old and probably not relevant in today's market. Steve Berges had a book that I felt had some strong fundamentals. "The Complete Guide to Buying and Selling Apartment Buildings". The examples will be outdated but the fundamentals will be there.

I also liked "The Real Estate Game" by Poorvu. It is a tough read but very interesting. It is about real estate transactions and the creativity behind them.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Do have any idea what niche of real estate investing you might be interested in? For example, residential or commercial? Buy-and-hold, flipping or wholesaling? Repositioning? Development? Notes? Etc...

If you have an idea of what you want to do, we can probably do a better job of pointing you in the right direction...
No idea yet. I'm still looking for more information to get the wheels turning. I usually start with books, then work my way up from there.

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
I'm interested in learning about real estate, I was wondering what recommendations you guys might have.

I already checked The Millionaire Fastlane bookstore, and Amazon.

This is a must
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/the...Google_&sourceId=PLGoP23175&k_clickid=3x23175

I also listen to a lot of Matt's podcasts
http://epicrealestate.com/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest42354

I'm interested in learning about real estate, I was wondering what recommendations you guys might have.

I already checked The Millionaire Fastlane bookstore, and Amazon.

@jasoncuellar123 I recently finished the ABCs of Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy and found it solid, so I would highly recommend it. Too many people overlook the unsexy aspects of real estate investing which is maximizing cash flow, maintaining your property, and holding on to your asset for the long haul.

I've been working on a site to capture notes from all these great books, so I'm sharing a link to the summary here. Hope you find it helpful!

Last edited by a moderator:

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016