GreasyGinger
Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
New years 2017, I told my wife my new years resolution was to become rich. I didn't exactly know what that meant, or how to go about it but I was stuck on the idea that we could live more comfortably.
My wife was pregnant at the time, and she jokingly went along with it. But I was serious.
I'm an automotive mechanic. Slowlaners are jealous of me. I'm living the dream, I turned a hobby that I've always loved into a 6 figure income. "You must love what you do!" and "He's always been handy." are typically what I hear from them. The funny thing about taking something you love and turning it into the 9-5, you stop loving it.
So during my week of freedom last Christmas (this is not something standard but vacation time I choose to take) I got reading. I bought a couple books on trading stocks, a couple on wealthy thinking, one about having more than one dad and becoming a landlord. I was hooked into changing. It wasn't until I read the Millionaire Fastlane in the springtime that I felt like I had found what I was looking for.
I'm no stranger to trading time for money as in my business we don't do that. I've always gotten paid on a piece work basis and loved it. Getting rewarded for working harder, faster and doing a better job than the old men with 10 years seniority made way more sense to me than the trading of time for money and getting paid more for the fact you've been able to grin and bear it for longer than the new guys. A lot of people I explain this too, you know, the fact that I could possibly go to work and make zero dollars, scares the crap out of them, not me.
So it's almost new years 2018, and I'm not rich. Not by the standard I set anyway. But I did spend 2017 learning what rich is. Rich to me is flipping the script. I have dreams of spending 5 days of the week with my wife and daughter, and giving the other 2 to working. Freedom from the slowlane is what rich is to me, this was my first step to becoming rich, in 2018 I'm taking action.
My wife was pregnant at the time, and she jokingly went along with it. But I was serious.
I'm an automotive mechanic. Slowlaners are jealous of me. I'm living the dream, I turned a hobby that I've always loved into a 6 figure income. "You must love what you do!" and "He's always been handy." are typically what I hear from them. The funny thing about taking something you love and turning it into the 9-5, you stop loving it.
So during my week of freedom last Christmas (this is not something standard but vacation time I choose to take) I got reading. I bought a couple books on trading stocks, a couple on wealthy thinking, one about having more than one dad and becoming a landlord. I was hooked into changing. It wasn't until I read the Millionaire Fastlane in the springtime that I felt like I had found what I was looking for.
I'm no stranger to trading time for money as in my business we don't do that. I've always gotten paid on a piece work basis and loved it. Getting rewarded for working harder, faster and doing a better job than the old men with 10 years seniority made way more sense to me than the trading of time for money and getting paid more for the fact you've been able to grin and bear it for longer than the new guys. A lot of people I explain this too, you know, the fact that I could possibly go to work and make zero dollars, scares the crap out of them, not me.
So it's almost new years 2018, and I'm not rich. Not by the standard I set anyway. But I did spend 2017 learning what rich is. Rich to me is flipping the script. I have dreams of spending 5 days of the week with my wife and daughter, and giving the other 2 to working. Freedom from the slowlane is what rich is to me, this was my first step to becoming rich, in 2018 I'm taking action.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
