The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ready for a change

GreasyGinger

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Dec 12, 2017
Calgary
New years 2017, I told my wife my new years resolution was to become rich. I didn't exactly know what that meant, or how to go about it but I was stuck on the idea that we could live more comfortably.

My wife was pregnant at the time, and she jokingly went along with it. But I was serious.

I'm an automotive mechanic. Slowlaners are jealous of me. I'm living the dream, I turned a hobby that I've always loved into a 6 figure income. "You must love what you do!" and "He's always been handy." are typically what I hear from them. The funny thing about taking something you love and turning it into the 9-5, you stop loving it.

So during my week of freedom last Christmas (this is not something standard but vacation time I choose to take) I got reading. I bought a couple books on trading stocks, a couple on wealthy thinking, one about having more than one dad and becoming a landlord. I was hooked into changing. It wasn't until I read the Millionaire Fastlane in the springtime that I felt like I had found what I was looking for.

I'm no stranger to trading time for money as in my business we don't do that. I've always gotten paid on a piece work basis and loved it. Getting rewarded for working harder, faster and doing a better job than the old men with 10 years seniority made way more sense to me than the trading of time for money and getting paid more for the fact you've been able to grin and bear it for longer than the new guys. A lot of people I explain this too, you know, the fact that I could possibly go to work and make zero dollars, scares the crap out of them, not me.

So it's almost new years 2018, and I'm not rich. Not by the standard I set anyway. But I did spend 2017 learning what rich is. Rich to me is flipping the script. I have dreams of spending 5 days of the week with my wife and daughter, and giving the other 2 to working. Freedom from the slowlane is what rich is to me, this was my first step to becoming rich, in 2018 I'm taking action.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...