The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Read Millionaire Fastlane - Now feeling extremely guilty being invested in stocks

Anything related to investing, including crypto

PJ Pahygiannis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Oct 6, 2014
Olney, Maryland
I'm 22 and have built my most successful business to date. It has margins above 80% and generates a lot of excess cash that is just kind of piling up. I've made about $30k and have about $6k of that invested in stocks. I've plowed all of that money into my portfolio literally in less than a two month time period. I don't trade. I buy and hold undervalued stocks. BUT, now I feel extremely guilty and kind of sick to my stomach for holding stocks. I'm conflicted though. I've always loved investing. I've read every book about Buffett and Munger there is. I do well at it, but it really has dawned on me it is the slow lane route. I'm tempted to just hit the sell button and sell my whole portfolio.....

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've read every book about Buffett and Munger there is

Neither of which got rich because they invested in stocks like the average Joe retail investor.

OlivierMo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 12, 2018
Idaho
I'm 22 and have built my most successful business to date. It has margins above 80% and generates a lot of excess cash that is just kind of piling up. I've made about $30k and have about $6k of that invested in stocks. I've plowed all of that money into my portfolio literally in less than a two month time period. I don't trade. I buy and hold undervalued stocks. BUT, now I feel extremely guilty and kind of sick to my stomach for holding stocks. I'm conflicted though. I've always loved investing. I've read every book about Buffett and Munger there is. I do well at it, but it really has dawned on me it is the slow lane route. I'm tempted to just hit the sell button and sell my whole portfolio.....

Keep it there. It's not a huge amount and you're young. I regret selling in 2008 all my stocks (apple, netflix, adobe, and the likes) b/c I'd be loaded right now and it would be a lot of cash available to buy a house cash. It's not black and white

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
now I feel extremely guilty and kind of sick to my stomach for holding stocks.

Nothing wrong with holding stocks -- they're ownership in companies. We're all for that here at Fastlane right?

The problem is the thinking that one of these stocks will make you rich if you just patiently wait 50 years.

The means will never justify the ends.

Waiting 6 hours for a lifeboat on a Titanic that has 3 hours before it sinks is not wise.

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
Nothing wrong with holding stocks -- they're ownership in companies. We're all for that here at Fastlane right?

The problem is the thinking that one of these stocks will make you rich if you just patiently wait 50 years.

The means will never justify the ends.

Waiting 6 hours for a lifeboat on a Titanic that has 3 hours before it sinks is not wise.

I would venture a guess to say that owning equity before an IPO is different?

Erik.Lambo1

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 9, 2008
Chicago/Manila
I've always loved investing. I've read every book about Buffett and Munger there is. I do well at it, but it really has dawned on me it is the slow lane route. I'm tempted to just hit the sell button and sell my whole portfolio.....

If Buffet made billions investing in stocks, then how could you justify it being slow lane.

Slow lane is investing in blue chips and hoping for a 10 percent gain after a few years and some dividends along the way. If you want to make it big, try to find the "future" blue chips. It may take some time, but the returns can be as high as 1,000 percent or even more.

I have been actively trading and investing in Forex and stocks since 2009 and I've met a lot of great traders and investors who are cashing in big. With that said, it doesn't matter which route you take, business or investing, as long as you're good at it and you know what you're doing, you can make big $$$.

Erik

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.