• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Read Millionaire Fastlane - Now feeling extremely guilty being invested in stocks

Discussion in 'Investing/Trading/Cryptocurrency/Altcoins' started by PJ Pahygiannis, Mar 22, 2018.

1. PJ Pahygiannis

PJ Pahygiannis Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $402
    I'm 22 and have built my most successful business to date. It has margins above 80% and generates a lot of excess cash that is just kind of piling up. I've made about $30k and have about $6k of that invested in stocks. I've plowed all of that money into my portfolio literally in less than a two month time period. I don't trade. I buy and hold undervalued stocks. BUT, now I feel extremely guilty and kind of sick to my stomach for holding stocks. I'm conflicted though. I've always loved investing. I've read every book about Buffett and Munger there is. I do well at it, but it really has dawned on me it is the slow lane route. I'm tempted to just hit the sell button and sell my whole portfolio.....

2. jon.a

jon.a Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $78,576
    6K isn't very much. 6K isn't very much of your total. Don't make something that is not a problem a problem.

Invictus, Mr.C, Ascension and 2 others like this.
  3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,602
    Admin Post
    Neither of which got rich because they invested in stocks like the average Joe retail investor.

4. OlivierMo

OlivierMo Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $432
    Keep it there. It's not a huge amount and you're young. I regret selling in 2008 all my stocks (apple, netflix, adobe, and the likes) b/c I'd be loaded right now and it would be a lot of cash available to buy a house cash. It's not black and white

LeoistheSun likes this.
  5. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $352,602
    Admin Post
    Nothing wrong with holding stocks -- they're ownership in companies. We're all for that here at Fastlane right?

The problem is the thinking that one of these stocks will make you rich if you just patiently wait 50 years.

The means will never justify the ends.

Waiting 6 hours for a lifeboat on a Titanic that has 3 hours before it sinks is not wise.

AstonMartinOne77 and LeoistheSun like this.
  6. LeoistheSun

LeoistheSun Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,658

I would venture a guess to say that owning equity before an IPO is different?

7. Erik.Lambo1

Erik.Lambo1 PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $34
    If Buffet made billions investing in stocks, then how could you justify it being slow lane.

Slow lane is investing in blue chips and hoping for a 10 percent gain after a few years and some dividends along the way. If you want to make it big, try to find the "future" blue chips. It may take some time, but the returns can be as high as 1,000 percent or even more.

I have been actively trading and investing in Forex and stocks since 2009 and I've met a lot of great traders and investors who are cashing in big. With that said, it doesn't matter which route you take, business or investing, as long as you're good at it and you know what you're doing, you can make big $$$.

Erik