- Joined
- May 5, 2015
- Messages
- 22
Rep Bank
$195
$195
User Power: 114%
Hi all, time for a proper introduction. I'm UK based, thirty-something, self-employed in a variety of jobs and looking to move forward.
Two years ago I did a silly thing. I read TMF , found these forums and was blown away. I read a lot of threads, did the usual 'I have no ideas' thing, began to investigate importing and stumbled upon a YouTube community of 'resellers'.
For those who don't know, reselling has become a term for buying very cheap goods - often from car boots sales/charity shops or other sources - and 're-selling' them, usually on ebay, Amazon and local FB groups. It's very easy, quite fun, the margins are good, and I started making an ok income from it.
Fast forward a year or so and I started looking for ways to improve my business and mitigate my risk with (eg.) bigger items, more stock, wholesale sources and different selling platform(s).
I somehow ended up back here and realised I'd completely lost sight of the goal and was breaking nearly all of the 'CENTS'. I like re-homing things, I have happy customers, and there is room to improve my income, But it's not scaleable, not controllable and it's directly linked to my time.
I got caught up in the day to day work and forgot to stop and think about where it was going. Daft! So, it's time to re-evaluate, and that's why I'm here. Hope I'll be able to pitch in with a real progress thread very soon.
Two years ago I did a silly thing. I read TMF , found these forums and was blown away. I read a lot of threads, did the usual 'I have no ideas' thing, began to investigate importing and stumbled upon a YouTube community of 'resellers'.
For those who don't know, reselling has become a term for buying very cheap goods - often from car boots sales/charity shops or other sources - and 're-selling' them, usually on ebay, Amazon and local FB groups. It's very easy, quite fun, the margins are good, and I started making an ok income from it.
Fast forward a year or so and I started looking for ways to improve my business and mitigate my risk with (eg.) bigger items, more stock, wholesale sources and different selling platform(s).
I somehow ended up back here and realised I'd completely lost sight of the goal and was breaking nearly all of the 'CENTS'. I like re-homing things, I have happy customers, and there is room to improve my income, But it's not scaleable, not controllable and it's directly linked to my time.
I got caught up in the day to day work and forgot to stop and think about where it was going. Daft! So, it's time to re-evaluate, and that's why I'm here. Hope I'll be able to pitch in with a real progress thread very soon.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
