The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Re-Introduction: Dude with Progressive MS & Crohns/Future Author/Remote Tech Support Worker & Student/Shadowboxer Relearning Life

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
So, I am calling this a "reintroduction" because when I first posted here: (https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/underemployed-dropout-that-never-quite-fit-in-did-i-mention-that-i-was-diagnosed-with-ms-and-even-more-fun.104032/page-2#post-1009153), I was sharing the story of where I was at the time.

At that time, I was newly diagnosed with Progressive MS, having issues with Crohn's Disease), just watched my mom pass, and was unemployed in a new city. I came across "Unscripted " and was amazed with the kind of wisdom in this community...so I jumped in because I wanted to be connect with the community behind that, even if my life was screwed up horribly.

Flash forward a few weeks, I am now working from home doing tech support (remote). I applied and received a scholarship to take Comptia A+ prep courses through Comptia Tech Academy (I am Google IT Support certified.) for the next few weeks, 7-10 PM.

I am also a shadowboxer. I train at home using the PunchLab app, but also train in person with a boxing class for people with movement disorders.I also train (although no sparring) with a traditional boxing group as well. The boxing has really begun to change my body for the better.

As far as eating, I literally gave up on the idea of finding the perfect diet, with both Crohns and MS and a small fridge and a budget that is just starting out; I got frustrated and just focused on simplicity. I eat meals similar to what Mike Tyson ate-oatmeal, rice (I get brown rice), chicken, and include things like eggs, vegetables, and natural fruit juices along with shakes of collagen protein, almond milk, and fruit.i also have a multi-vitamin and fish oil. At this point, if there is a food that I feel is destroying my body, I'll stop eating it...but my goal now isn't to limit food...it's to eat more healthy than unhealthy and see how my body responds.

I am still writing my autobiography.

As far as business like I am returning here because it is time to plan my next move with that. Regardless of my health status (because I believe my primary doctor believs nerve damage might be spreading), I don't work to work until my dying day for someone else. I want to build generational wealth to pass onto my nieces and nephews.

Right now, I have two ideas but i need to flesh them out in order to proceed. That's why I'm lighting a fire here.,,to get inspiration, strategy, and connection so I can have something beore Nov. 1

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jessica Reid

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 9, 2020
New Jersey
Why before November 1?

And man, I'm so sorry you have progressive MS & Crohns. The symptoms from that can make it tough to work sometimes, but I know you can do it. You can become a fastlaner! Just give your best to each day that you can until you achieve your goals.

I must say I gravitated towards this post because of the headline. I was just recently diagnosed with a nerve disorder called non-length dependent Small Fiber Peripheral Neuropathy (SFPN) - so I have nerve damage affecting my peripheral nervous system, and while I'm thankful it isn't degenerating, it's debilitating.

I also have movement issues too which is an issue independent of my SFPN...my neurologist doesn't know what's causing it yet and will begin testing soon for that but believes I have cramps fasciculation syndrome...

Anyway, I share this to say that I get really frustrated sometimes because there are days that I want to work and can't work because I don't feel good, my body acts up, and I just feel like my disorder slows me down sometimes...but I won't let it get the best of me.

It just means I may take a little longer but I'm going to finish my race and become a fastlaner one day.

And you will too as long as you keep moving forward.

Give yourself grace.

Don't give yourself a hard deadline if you REALLY don't have to...because you're just going to unnecessarily discourage yourself if you can't meet your deadline.

Trust me.

I've set many deadlines and all my failed ideas blew those deadlines out of the water and left me feeling devastated, hurt, and embarrassed.

Plus I think its a selfish foundation to start on...

Nobody cares about me and my deadlines...

They just care about their problems and getting them solved.

And if I know I can help them solve their problem...

No matter how long it takes, I'm going to solve it...

My future customers will be happy I solved their problem...

And I believe the money will come...

That's what I've learned after reading MJ'sl post: called The Successful Entreprenuerial Premise. Check it out one day: GOLD! - MINDSET - Do You Have A Successful Entrepreneurial Premise?

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Why before November 1?

And man, I'm so sorry you have progressive MS & Crohns. The symptoms from that can make it tough to work sometimes, but I know you can do it. You can become a fastlaner! Just give your best to each day that you can until you achieve your goals.

I must say I gravitated towards this post because of the headline. I was just recently diagnosed with a nerve disorder called non-length dependent Small Fiber Peripheral Neuropathy (SFPN) - so I have nerve damage affecting my peripheral nervous system, and while I'm thankful it isn't degenerating, it's debilitating.

I also have movement issues too which is an issue independent of my SFPN...my neurologist doesn't know what's causing it yet and will begin testing soon for that but believes I have cramps fasciculation syndrome...

Anyway, I share this to say that I get really frustrated sometimes because there are days that I want to work and can't work because I don't feel good, my body acts up, and I just feel like my disorder slows me down sometimes...but I won't let it get the best of me.

It just means I may take a little longer but I'm going to finish my race and become a fastlaner one day.

And you will too as long as you keep moving forward.

Give yourself grace.

Don't give yourself a hard deadline if you REALLY don't have to...because you're just going to unnecessarily discourage yourself if you can't meet your deadline.

Trust me.

I've set many deadlines and all my failed ideas blew those deadlines out of the water and left me feeling devastated, hurt, and embarrassed.

Plus I think its a selfish foundation to start on...

Nobody cares about me and my deadlines...

They just care about their problems and getting them solved.

And if I know I can help them solve their problem...

No matter how long it takes, I'm going to solve it...

My future customers will be happy I solved their problem...

And I believe the money will come...

That's what I've learned after reading MJ'sl post: called The Successful Entreprenuerial Premise. Check it out one day: GOLD! - MINDSET - Do You Have A Successful Entrepreneurial Premise?
Thank you so much....I completely understand and am stoked that you actually found this post! An ER doctor thought I had peripheral neuropathy....but then it got even more complicated, but I COMPLETELY understand the frustration that comes with a diagnosis, the medical "merry go round", and just the disruption that comes with that. I went through 12 different appointments after between 2-3 months alone (while working remotely)

And as far as work and deadlines, I adopted the principle of going with the flow from the Tao Te Ching. I am not attached to work or any of these deadlines...because I know I can literally wake up tomorrow and not be able to move because of fatigue..I'm OK with that and will fully respect my body's need to heal.

Getting to this point has been an experiment. When I first came to Atlanta, I was not working and applied for disability. My symptoms were horrible. I had days where I could not move (fatigue), extreme nerve pain at night, pain throughout the day, etc. I wanted to work, but at that time, I could not.

I slowly began to think about work after I reached a point where I was relatively okay. I began shadowboxing for 15 minutes and walked to the trash can in the apartment complex. That was my exercise for the day. I also began vitamins, multi-vitamins, and probiotics. I began to experiment with different diets, most of which were too expensive for my budget and left me more confused than ever.

I did try to be like a Walmart greeter (at least part-time) or a cashier or something once my health got better. That's when I realized the hurdles that the disabled go through in getting a job. Even though the laws are more accomodating, the stigma is still there. A manager will hire someone still in high school versus a 38-year old with a cane and a zombie walk.

So it's been a process.

My family would've supported my decision not to work, but I felt a need to at least try remote (as I did before) for a couple of reasons 1) I wanted to prove it to myself. If my health gets worse, I will drop any work immediately because these jobs ain't loyal 2)Waiting for disability can take a long time. There are articles about people that have died waiting for diability because it took so long. 3)I've read the SS will look for any reason to disqualify you. I figured that SS will look at my last job and ask "Did you work AT ALL after your diagnosis?" I did. Social Security would then say "Well, what changed now?" 4)Healthcare in Georgia is higher 5)My own sanity

I have started the medical process here, but I am highly critical of it. Yes, I was diagnosed but appointments and things are horrible in the current US healthcare system. I was able to get a primary doctor, but getting ANY other help would cost more and involve waiting. I was not scheduled for a neurologist for 6 months and only got to see a neurologist because he "double booked" his appointments.

After all that happened to me in the last 2 years, I am DEFINITELY not loyal to the "sidewalk" path. In fact, I am already tired of it....but I figured I would at least do my best, continue upskilling and break out.

If my health leads me to stop, or change direction I have no problem choosing my health over chasing wages from these employers who don't get a crap about you (usually).

That goes for anything that I am doing....My plans are only my intentions. They are not an actual "thing". My role in all of this is just to be open with whatever pops along the way

That is ONE lesson I have gained from an unpredictable disease as MS....Your destiny is built by working with the cards you have, not the cards you wish you have.

Jessica Reid

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 9, 2020
New Jersey
Thank you so much....I completely understand and am stoked that you actually found this post! An ER doctor thought I had peripheral neuropathy....but then it got even more complicated, but I COMPLETELY understand the frustration that comes with a diagnosis, the medical "merry go round", and just the disruption that comes with that. I went through 12 different appointments after between 2-3 months alone (while working remotely)

And as far as work and deadlines, I adopted the principle of going with the flow from the Tao Te Ching. I am not attached to work or any of these deadlines...because I know I can literally wake up tomorrow and not be able to move because of fatigue..I'm OK with that and will fully respect my body's need to heal.

Getting to this point has been an experiment. When I first came to Atlanta, I was not working and applied for disability. My symptoms were horrible. I had days where I could not move (fatigue), extreme nerve pain at night, pain throughout the day, etc. I wanted to work, but at that time, I could not.

I slowly began to think about work after I reached a point where I was relatively okay. I began shadowboxing for 15 minutes and walked to the trash can in the apartment complex. That was my exercise for the day. I also began vitamins, multi-vitamins, and probiotics. I began to experiment with different diets, most of which were too expensive for my budget and left me more confused than ever.

I did try to be like a Walmart greeter (at least part-time) or a cashier or something once my health got better. That's when I realized the hurdles that the disabled go through in getting a job. Even though the laws are more accomodating, the stigma is still there. A manager will hire someone still in high school versus a 38-year old with a cane and a zombie walk.

So it's been a process.

My family would've supported my decision not to work, but I felt a need to at least try remote (as I did before) for a couple of reasons 1) I wanted to prove it to myself. If my health gets worse, I will drop any work immediately because these jobs ain't loyal 2)Waiting for disability can take a long time. There are articles about people that have died waiting for diability because it took so long. 3)I've read the SS will look for any reason to disqualify you. I figured that SS will look at my last job and ask "Did you work AT ALL after your diagnosis?" I did. Social Security would then say "Well, what changed now?" 4)Healthcare in Georgia is higher 5)My own sanity

I have started the medical process here, but I am highly critical of it. Yes, I was diagnosed but appointments and things are horrible in the current US healthcare system. I was able to get a primary doctor, but getting ANY other help would cost more and involve waiting. I was not scheduled for a neurologist for 6 months and only got to see a neurologist because he "double booked" his appointments.

After all that happened to me in the last 2 years, I am DEFINITELY not loyal to the "sidewalk" path. In fact, I am already tired of it....but I figured I would at least do my best, continue upskilling and break out.

If my health leads me to stop, or change direction I have no problem choosing my health over chasing wages from these employers who don't get a crap about you (usually).

That goes for anything that I am doing....My plans are only my intentions. They are not an actual "thing". My role in all of this is just to be open with whatever pops along the way

That is ONE lesson I have gained from an unpredictable disease as MS....Your destiny is built by working with the cards you have, not the cards you wish you have.
I hear you! I definitely hear you. And okay... Glad to hear nothing that you can control is holding you back from working on your idea until you enter the Fastlane... So I guess the November 1st date meant that you want to figure out your business idea that you're going to 100% focus on by then?

And yes U.S. healthcare sucks....I didn't realize getting on disability took that long. I was so close to take short term disability earlier this year through my employer but I'm managing better now.

And I got lucky... My husband is a Physician at Cornell so I have really great healthcare. So much so in fact, that the doctors text you at this hospital... I wish I was kidding, but my neurologist actually texted me THIS morning saying my Vitamin E is too low and get back on my vitamins.

Honestly, it was all God too. It was only a year ago when my husband accepted his job at Cornell and a year ago, I was completely fine (or so I thought). One month later, I had to go to urgent care because I was in writhing pain during the night that I couldn't shake with regular medication...

My husband told me in the past I needed to see a neurologist and I did a few years back... But the doctor I saw didn't care. He didn't pry any further and I was in denial. And yeah, had I been completely on my own, I would have been royally screwed, in medical debt, and very sick.

Just thankful to God everything has been working itself out.

And everything to come will work itself out as long as you and I show up on our good days and give our best.

Anyway, I'm rooting for you!

We got this.

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
I hear you! I definitely hear you. And okay... Glad to hear nothing that you can control is holding you back from working on your idea until you enter the Fastlane... So I guess the November 1st date meant that you want to figure out your business idea that you're going to 100% focus on by then?

And yes U.S. healthcare sucks....I didn't realize getting on disability took that long. I was so close to take short term disability earlier this year through my employer but I'm managing better now.

And I got lucky... My husband is a Physician at Cornell so I have really great healthcare. So much so in fact, that the doctors text you at this hospital... I wish I was kidding, but my neurologist actually texted me THIS morning saying my Vitamin E is too low and get back on my vitamins.

Honestly, it was all God too. It was only a year ago when my husband accepted his job at Cornell and a year ago, I was completely fine (or so I thought). One month later, I had to go to urgent care because I was in writhing pain during the night that I couldn't shake with regular medication...

My husband told me in the past I needed to see a neurologist and I did a few years back... But the doctor I saw didn't care. He didn't pry any further and I was in denial. And yeah, had I been completely on my own, I would have been royally screwed, in medical debt, and very sick.

Just thankful to God everything has been working itself out.

And everything to come will work itself out as long as you and I show up on our good days and give our best.

Anyway, I'm rooting for you!

We got this.
Thank you! I am on "Day 1" of this "experimen't" with work (meaning full-time production without training wheels). I did get up with sluggish (but not immovable) energy so I cut back on any workouts or anything.physcial related for now.

I also have a 3-hour Comptia training class in the evening also on Day 1

The Fastlane-ready deadline I set is a placeholder. I've taken more "all you need is this one free class to get your business started"...even though I never really followed up on any idea. I am seeking to establish a plan by that date, but if not, i will persist. The one thing I do know is that I don't want to rely on a job (ESPECIALLY in this economy).

Ever since I dabbled in freelance, I realized that I can't live the "pick one job and stay for 50 years" life

But, like I said...all of this is an experiment with health...

I also thank you for the encouragement. God is directing us through this....even though we can only see one day at a time

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
So...update

Upskilling: Completing application process for University of the People (Network & Application Security). Yes, it is a free online school that does not compare anything else like the Comptia A+ training I'm doing, but want to keep progressing while I can. This will be after the Comptia Tech Academy course.

Physical: I'm in a weird place because shadowboxing has really transformed my skinny little body. I'm not the Hulk, but I'm like a little teeny Spiderman in training....but another thing I am fighting is another bout of fatigue. It might be because work (especially in a call center) shifts my feeding schedule.

Business: I have no idea because every idea I've had so far is the kind that breaks the CENTS commandments

Book: Up to nearly 6K out of 30K words

Jessica Reid

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Apr 9, 2020
New Jersey
Thank you! I am on "Day 1" of this "experimen't" with work (meaning full-time production without training wheels). I did get up with sluggish (but not immovable) energy so I cut back on any workouts or anything.physcial related for now.

I also have a 3-hour Comptia training class in the evening also on Day 1

The Fastlane-ready deadline I set is a placeholder. I've taken more "all you need is this one free class to get your business started"...even though I never really followed up on any idea. I am seeking to establish a plan by that date, but if not, i will persist. The one thing I do know is that I don't want to rely on a job (ESPECIALLY in this economy).

Ever since I dabbled in freelance, I realized that I can't live the "pick one job and stay for 50 years" life

But, like I said...all of this is an experiment with health...

I also thank you for the encouragement. God is directing us through this....even though we can only see one day at a time
That's certainly good to hear! Keep me updated on your progress!

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Physical: I felt really rested when I got up...and then realized that I overslept an hour of workI I think MS is up its old tricks again. I may have to modify my morning schedule to get more than 8 hours (The thing is, some days I don't need that much,so I strive for 7-8 hours per day_

Upskilling: I got accepted to the University of People for their certificate program earlier than I expected...like TODAY!

Business: Still thinking

Creativity: Didn't work on book today

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
You're the man!

Congratulations on what you've done thus far. I'm sure you will find a way to stabilize your condition, so keep on fighting!
I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I would jump straight into the complete elimination diet for the rest of the year to see what happens. Health is #1.

Good luck!

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
You're the man!

Congratulations on what you've done thus far. I'm sure you will find a way to stabilize your condition, so keep on fighting!
I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I would jump straight into the complete elimination diet for the rest of the year to see what happens. Health is #1.

Good luck!

Thank you!

I plan on doing a better elimination diet when I move to the new apartment. I'm currently in a temporary impromptu arrangement (sharing an empty room provided by family after i moved to Atlanta), so I'll be doing a better elimination diet in the future.

Yes, I know that the microwave or caffeine (from Keurig) or some of the processed food that I'm eating....but I'm doing the best where I am with plans to keep on improving

I don't know if it's not too late, but I can only hope that my body is working with the steps I am taking and will hold on for as long as it can

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Physical: Completed shadowboxing for an extended session to prep for tomorrow's Gauntlet (71 minutes of workout). If I'm not calling the Emergency Room after that workout, I am looking to get a heavy bag and do weekly classes with a boxing group specifically designed for people with movement issues.

Update: I'm going for the Gauntlet now

Upskilling: Behind on this...but this is only prep. The class officially begins on Monday for the Comptia course. I have to finish paperwork for the University of People course.

Business & creativity: Behind on writing my autobiography while I'm living out the story

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Reporting back in...I've had a chance to do full-time work, part-time study (Comptia), and nearly daily shadowboxing workouts

My body tired out after the second week...or rather I ate something (possibly the Buffalo Wings Cheez-Its and soda) trigerred my gut into GUT HELL

So, some adjustments need to be made...I used to just wake up, do a quick workout, and then do work, and then an hour later do the Comptia class...and use weekends to catch up with any other homework

That pacing was too fast

I say that because I clocked out early on Thursday (forgetting that I had 20 minutes to go) and called out on Friday because my energy and nerve shock pains drained me.

Over the weekend I took the time to get over 12 hours of sleep, and just plan and re-evaulate where I'm going. At this point, I will still continue working...(but that hourly pay, eww). I am kinda centering on doing part-time work at a higher hourly pay to give myself some more breathing room. I am already tired of call center work again, although I do like the nerdy side of it....so I'm going to keep that in mind as I keep figuring myself out.

I also noticed that I tend to go all over the place with plans...I will write notes down in a minute when I am inspired by something and then lose it and get sidetracked by something else and then find that lost note and then feel compelled to do something about it, and then get sidetracked...not good.

Another thing I did was take out the piles of paper of goals, half-written ideas, class notes, etc. and put them in one central online place, EverNote. My plan is to have an "everyday journal" to keep everything together, searchable, and fresh in my brain. My idea.....is to still write notes for class, observations from work, etc...but to put in sll in one place for a "brain dump" and for review

As far as business goes, I know that i do want to advance more in tech, but not in the call center environment...which I know will stress you out and then drop you like a hot potato. I have been behind on my autobiography, but also have been thinking of other things to create from it-a comic and a comedy all centered around people dealing with multiple sclerosis in some way.

I am also considering using some of the money from the work I do now to fund a Shopify store and a virtual call center. I know these type of businesses violate CENTS but I want to at least start something else that will bring in some income, bring some practice managing a business, etc. As a person with MS, I am kinda limited in side hustles/businesses. If I were not disabled, I would've had like a full-time, weekend job, and gig...but with MS/Crohns disease, I don't have the mobility or the energy I once did. I have no idea when or how I want to implement this, but I want to use these ideas as the deadline for any "employee work" (unless I really like it). I don't want to get caught up in a situation where I am just laid off with no recourse again or stay in a job because I just accept working in crappy, low-paying jobs as part of life.

As far as physical health, today was a slightly better day than yesterday, but my energy is still pooped, my muscles feel heavy, but I can move them better today and my appetite is getting better. I am still (weirdly) building a skinny (but slowly developing muscular) upper body as a result of my shadowboxing workouts. I know I need to eat better, but I'm doing the best I can and slowly making changes (like more fruit, vegetables, meat, and actual food versus junk food...although I will still drink a soda or two and Buffalo Wins Cheez It).

My sister convinced me to look into getting a wheelchair and scooter but I have been fighting the idea for awhile (slowly coming around though)

In short, I am still alive, integrating, and figuring things out...I did not expect to be a straightforward ride

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Well, disaster, but I am not dead yet!

I've had further nerve damage and pain probably from Crohn's. (Just inflammation everywhere!)

I stopped work because I was already using up the little "unplanned time off" because of energy, back pain, and joint pain...along with left hand paralysis at times.

On the day, I quit, I had a horrible hoarse voice (I sounded like Batman who was stuck in a Southern restaurant), experiencing intense back pain, anf brain fog. My brain was like "You said if you had to choose between your health and the job..."

Even though I quit, a part of me still feels like I failed...I have to make the decision betwee disability or working part-time with accomodations. My supervisor did offer unpaid/medical leave as an option, but I need some time to just focus on health before I can even begin to provide an answer.

I have been to a primary care phyisician, who basically referred me to a gastro and a neurologist. The neurologist I was referred to, flipped out when they learned I have Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, and referred me to a specialist....I am still waiting to be given an admission date.

Something must have hit a switch in my body because I am in consistent pain like all of the time (along with dermatitis). Out of desperation, I've begun an elimination diet (no caffeine and no dairy) and the cheap version of the Paleo AutoImmune Protocol. I have not ruled out doing more intensive diets (Carnivore), but I don't have the space where I currently lay my head.

I can no longer do even shadowboxing workouts and will experiment with low mobilty exercises as my energy allows.

And now to the good news....I am still in the Comptia A+ certification class and passed the midterm. The recruiter for the class (coincidentally) heard my story and now has made his mission to find me a better-accomodating job.

I have also developed a stronger interest in Python, particularly when it comes to cybersecurity. Part of this is because I had to do a cybersecurity class and watching Batman, which led me to a master hacker who helps Batman (It;s basically Batgirl who was paralyzed by the Joker.).

I have not worked on my business idea nor have I worked on my autoniography or other writing.

If you ask how I feel about this, I am defeated but recalibrating...Into what, I don't know. I thought I would have more time to work at a simple job while I figured things out. I thought my body would stay relatively stable while I figured out the best foods to improve my health.

I thought I would have more time to fight back.

Still calibrating...

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Well, disaster, but I am not dead yet!

I've had further nerve damage and pain probably from Crohn's. (Just inflammation everywhere!)

I stopped work because I was already using up the little "unplanned time off" because of energy, back pain, and joint pain...along with left hand paralysis at times.

On the day, I quit, I had a horrible hoarse voice (I sounded like Batman who was stuck in a Southern restaurant), experiencing intense back pain, anf brain fog. My brain was like "You said if you had to choose between your health and the job..."

Even though I quit, a part of me still feels like I failed...I have to make the decision betwee disability or working part-time with accomodations. My supervisor did offer unpaid/medical leave as an option, but I need some time to just focus on health before I can even begin to provide an answer.

I have been to a primary care phyisician, who basically referred me to a gastro and a neurologist. The neurologist I was referred to, flipped out when they learned I have Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, and referred me to a specialist....I am still waiting to be given an admission date.

Something must have hit a switch in my body because I am in consistent pain like all of the time (along with dermatitis). Out of desperation, I've begun an elimination diet (no caffeine and no dairy) and the cheap version of the Paleo AutoImmune Protocol. I have not ruled out doing more intensive diets (Carnivore), but I don't have the space where I currently lay my head.

I can no longer do even shadowboxing workouts and will experiment with low mobilty exercises as my energy allows.

And now to the good news....I am still in the Comptia A+ certification class and passed the midterm. The recruiter for the class (coincidentally) heard my story and now has made his mission to find me a better-accomodating job.

I have also developed a stronger interest in Python, particularly when it comes to cybersecurity. Part of this is because I had to do a cybersecurity class and watching Batman, which led me to a master hacker who helps Batman (It;s basically Batgirl who was paralyzed by the Joker.).

I have not worked on my business idea nor have I worked on my autoniography or other writing.

If you ask how I feel about this, I am defeated but recalibrating...Into what, I don't know. I thought I would have more time to work at a simple job while I figured things out. I thought my body would stay relatively stable while I figured out the best foods to improve my health.

I thought I would have more time to fight back.

Still calibrating...
My friend, I am not an expert on this by any stretch of imagination.

But you are suffering from an incurable, life-threatening disease. If your health deteriorates past the point of no return, there is no hope left for anything else.

The only way to put this disease into remission and potentially reverse all the damage is to address the root cause of it, which is the immune system.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EcDSDOmcn4&ab_channel=StephenThomasBSc%28STEM%29

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6GTXC16Prs&ab_channel=CenterofBrilliance

I hope that you will conquer this horrible problem.
Wish you all the best.

Last edited:

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Well, I'm back

I appreciate the comments of @heavy_industry. I began taking steps to actually eat more real food. I can't do it wholesale...because my bank account is not ready....and even less ready because I am now unemployed as well (family is helping out, but I am nowhere near what it takes to go full carnivore or Paleo or whatever yet.

My health has stabilized a little. I was able to go to the doctor, who prescribed antibiotics. I have not got them yet, as I'm saving up for a move. because I'm still in a temporary living situation still..and I'm a little scared of adding antibiotics to a gut that is just tired. I am still waiting on a neurologist.

I was also diagnosed with eczema. So I'm dealing with 3 autoimmune disorders: Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, Crohn's, and Eczema.I got health insurance that allows me to go to the doctor for free and specialist for $5

But, my brain is still thinking, as always. So far, I've realized that I can't follow any of the wealth-creation paths I previously thought right now. I still suffer from fatigue, pain in my legs and arms, balance issues, etc. and etc. which means I have to be very strategic about how I use my energy.

After reviewing how I can still add value, I centered around 2 areas, content and tech. I am now more focused on "What value can I create?" in a real sense for the first time in my life...as a source of income...and legacy because I'm going through a lot of health issues

The thing is, almost everyone around me is trying to get me to be a passive consumer or to get Ocrevus (the only kind of medication designed to "pause" Primary Progressive MS...possibly?). Family, seeing how I have regressed are urging me to get a disability and just "take it easy".While I understand their sentiment, I do not want to just live off disability (if I actually get it, believe it or not, I may still not be sick enough for disability..lol). I still want to pursue whatever my brain (while I still have the neurons) can create...without limit

So...to summarize....I am in a unique situation of finally getting a better understanding of how to actually eat and work with my body (the Standard American Diet is crap) and the American model of "fighting up some corporate ladder when the corporation cares nothing about you ("the Slowlane" is crappy system)...at the time I might not able to use these insights.

I am actually learning and adapting (even though it might not seem like it) like never before.

I don't know where this story is going to go...but it's going to make for one heck of a story one day

Action Steps:
1. Watch video from @heavy_industry
2. Continue working on writing and programming before going back to bed

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Alright...a Carnivore diet with veggies every now and then is one the way...I am including probiotics because I gotta rebalance my gut as well

Let's see what happens...

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Nutrition & Physical Movement
I have slowly been making the transition to Carnivore (with some veggies, probiotics, and berries thrown in). I've been buying more meat, fish, and veggies It's not the pure "straight from the farmer's market" organic version), but it's a small step hopefully in the right direction...

I'm slowly starting to cook (and by cook, I mean use an Air Fryer, egg cooker, and stove every once in a while) and trying out little experiments (like having bone broth yesterday).

I also started back doing Tai Chi and shadowboxing (both less than 10 minutes)...seated and with breaks when I need it.

I will keep adapting, experimenting, and refining....as my nerdy self used to. I am slowly starting to see these "problems" as an experiment rather than a "worsening problem that I can do nothing about"

Income
As far as income goes, I am still centering on content production and creating solutions with tech. More and more people are telling me that they are inspired by my story and connect with my jokes and other antics, so I'm thinking that may possibly be where I can add value.

I have always been a writer (if you couldn't tell) and where I always gravitate to, so that may be a way for me for use where I feel comfortable to add value...The only problem is that I can't sit for a long time nor do I know my energy level for the day. Because of that, I cut out extra to-do lists and have been outsourcing my brain to Notion, Todoist, etc...which is what leads to where I hope to add value with technology.

I've been doubling down on Python. I don't know if I will have the health to do it, but I am getting really intrigued by the ability to automate things, APIs, and all of that crap. I practice when I can and will see where that goes.

I am still slowly adding to my autobiography..but also have ideas centered a comic, short story, merch all centered around this journey and hopefully inspiring people. This is a glob of ideas that I will sort out in the future.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
A suggestion of someone you can follow on Instagram, if you use it. His name is Paul Saladino or Carnivoremd2.0(IG). He also has a podcast with Joe Rogan #1551.

He also has some supplements that also are directed at Autoimmune function. His brand is called Heart and Soil suppliments(i'm not a affliated, but thinking of buying some to test out fpr myself).

Best of luck. Autoimmune disease suck, but i've heard of incredible stories of people turning things around!

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
A suggestion of someone you can follow on Instagram, if you use it. His name is Paul Saladino or Carnivoremd2.0(IG). He also has a podcast with Joe Rogan #1551.

He also has some supplements that also are directed at Autoimmune function. His brand is called Heart and Soil suppliments(i'm not a affliated, but thinking of buying some to test out fpr myself).

Best of luck. Autoimmune disease suck, but i've heard of incredible stories of people turning things around!
Thanks! I am following him on IG now. I can use all of the Carnivore information I can get, though I am learning to organize it using technology (Pinterest, Notion, Evernote).

I am looking for a supplement to bulk as well as get all of the nutrition I can. This time around. I am more aware of my body and track what I can (food, water intake, etc.) I don't want to overdo it but I do want to continue being aware of my body (like how my stomach or skin is responding to certain food)

Before all of this, I just ate and didn't pay much attention to how my body responded.

Thank you for all of the information

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Nutrition & Physical Movement: I have been buying more Carnivore food and less junk food. I'm not perfect, but the healthier food is far outweighing the crappy. I added Aubrey Marcus' lemon water routine in the morning along with a multivitamin (probiotic and vitamin coming shortly(. I will be supplementing with a Carnivore Supplement.

I now do light stretching, Tai Chi (seated), and shadowboxing (seated) mornings and before bed and a movement routine in the middle of the day because I can't sit like I used to...so I decided I should at least include some more movement

Income: I decided to spend a dedicated hour focusing on a singular business idea (which I call the $300,000 Hour, an idea I got from a MindValley presentation). Part of my problem is that I'm a divergent thinker (aka "idea guy") so it's much easier to come fun to my brain with ideas than to do them.

I have dropped (for now) all of the other ideas. I have not forgotten them, but will focus on what I can actually do. I created a weekly schedule for a podcast and for streaming, but I will see how I hold up. Beyond that, I'm just writing 260 words. This part is still in flux, but I'm getting some of this blob of ideas sorted out.

My goal is to have one good year, I don't know if I'll make a health transformation or become a zombie nightmare but I need to focus on what I can do (as I don't know what my disease are going to do) within the span of a year and go from there. If I am blessed with more than a year, I'll keep building. If not, y'all know where I was headed.

I'm at peace with thatl

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
How are you doing man?
What's up?

TL: DR-Worse, but evolving

Long Story: I went to the ER, was diagnosed with another chronic illness (cachexia-muscle wasting) and after the hospital decided I could survive without being put in a nursing home (I live with my sister who is a trained CNA), I was released with home visits by a physical therapist and nurse.

My sister made it her mission to make sure I ate, and my body eventually bounced back from the cachexia, going from 118 pounds to 140 pounds. I also implemented eating on schedule, prayer, shadowboxing sessions, and possibly medication.

I got a neurologist who referred me to all kinds of stuff (occupational therapist, another physical therapist, therapist, psychiatrist). All of that fell through. The physical therapist is my fault...I was trying to schedule around my ride (which happens to be my sister, who works full-time) and didn't find a time. The rest...I haven't heard from yet.

I did hear from the specialty neurology center. They called months later-no apologies, no how are you doing, just be here in March or your appointment will not be cancelled. I am not too thrilled about that or the $60K medication they will end up charging me on top of the money the hospital is charging for the ER visit and will charge if I get any more MRIs which the neurologist asked for.

I have choked on water, food, and alcohol since then. I fell two more times. I've had issues speaking

In summary, I am alive, the diseases are still progressing (I'm using Grammarly so you can read my typing, but will be transitioning to more voice typing), and am horribly distrustful of insurance, "health care", and all of that. I've achieved at least somewhat of a break through alchol and a special brownie, every now and then...lol

I am also under no dietary plan. I am no longer seeking one because 1)My sister cooks and does not and will not follow any autoimmune diet protocol 2)I don't have the money anyway 3)I am tired

Future plans: Assuming I don't die from choking, falling, or any other MS symptoms, I am looking to leverage all of this into something for others and for my family. I am looking to complete my undergraduate degree with a focus on Rehab Counseling and minor in Computer Science to better position myself to help other disabled people navigate the waters and become entrepreneurs.

As I have learned, there is such a big gap between "You are disabled" to "You are an entrepreneur", barriers that most people don't think about...but I do because I sm in this situation. I want to be a resource that can swoop in when a person has a chronic, disabling illness to say "And here's what you can do to make money, support yourself, and contribute to society". I have to figure things out first, though

This is not at all, how I imagined my life. I am still struggling every day. I am also tired....but this is where I am now.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
What's up?

TL: DR-Worse, but evolving

Long Story: I went to the ER, was diagnosed with another chronic illness (cachexia-muscle wasting) and after the hospital decided I could survive without being put in a nursing home (I live with my sister who is a trained CNA), I was released with home visits by a physical therapist and nurse.

My sister made it her mission to make sure I ate, and my body eventually bounced back from the cachexia, going from 118 pounds to 140 pounds. I also implemented eating on schedule, prayer, shadowboxing sessions, and possibly medication.

I got a neurologist who referred me to all kinds of stuff (occupational therapist, another physical therapist, therapist, psychiatrist). All of that fell through. The physical therapist is my fault...I was trying to schedule around my ride (which happens to be my sister, who works full-time) and didn't find a time. The rest...I haven't heard from yet.

I did hear from the specialty neurology center. They called months later-no apologies, no how are you doing, just be here in March or your appointment will not be cancelled. I am not too thrilled about that or the $60K medication they will end up charging me on top of the money the hospital is charging for the ER visit and will charge if I get any more MRIs which the neurologist asked for.

I have choked on water, food, and alcohol since then. I fell two more times. I've had issues speaking

In summary, I am alive, the diseases are still progressing (I'm using Grammarly so you can read my typing, but will be transitioning to more voice typing), and am horribly distrustful of insurance, "health care", and all of that. I've achieved at least somewhat of a break through alchol and a special brownie, every now and then...lol

I am also under no dietary plan. I am no longer seeking one because 1)My sister cooks and does not and will not follow any autoimmune diet protocol 2)I don't have the money anyway 3)I am tired

Future plans: Assuming I don't die from choking, falling, or any other MS symptoms, I am looking to leverage all of this into something for others and for my family. I am looking to complete my undergraduate degree with a focus on Rehab Counseling and minor in Computer Science to better position myself to help other disabled people navigate the waters and become entrepreneurs.

As I have learned, there is such a big gap between "You are disabled" to "You are an entrepreneur", barriers that most people don't think about...but I do because I sm in this situation. I want to be a resource that can swoop in when a person has a chronic, disabling illness to say "And here's what you can do to make money, support yourself, and contribute to society". I have to figure things out first, though

This is not at all, how I imagined my life. I am still struggling every day. I am also tired....but this is where I am now.
I'm sorry to hear that man.

I don't know what to say.

Maybe you should have one last talk with your sister and explain to her that an autoimmune diet protocol may be the only hope now. People have put MS into remission and reversed symptoms.

Perhaps show her this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6GTXC16Prs&ab_channel=EMILYPENTONINNERCLARITYSYSTEM

Or just search youtube for "carnivore diet ms". There are dozens of success stories. It is working.

Wish you all the best. I'm really sorry that you have to endure this.
Good luck and stay strong. We're all here for you.

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
I'm sorry to hear that man.

I don't know what to say.

Maybe you should have one last talk with your sister and explain to her that an autoimmune diet protocol may be the only hope now. People have put MS into remission and reversed symptoms.

Perhaps show her this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6GTXC16Prs&ab_channel=EMILYPENTONINNERCLARITYSYSTEM

Or just search youtube for "carnivore diet ms". There are dozens of success stories. It is working.

Wish you all the best. I'm really sorry that you have to endure this.
Good luck and stay strong. We're all here for you.
With all due respect, I am tired of diets.

I did make initial steps to becoming Carnivore with the little bit of money I had at the time, I didn't do the diet right and ended up with cachexia (muscle wasting) at a a dismal 112 pounds.

I am not denying that the Carnivore diet might work in my situation. It's just not something I can do at this point. I don't have the money. I have lost dexterity and coordination with my hands (not fully, but it's very evident when I tried cutting a steak). I don't have the energy either on most days.

I thank you for your support, but I am tired

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
As far as income goes, I am still centering on content production and creating solutions with tech. More and more people are telling me that they are inspired by my story and connect with my jokes and other antics, so I'm thinking that may possibly be where I can add value.
What type of content are you creating? Let me know if I can help.. Happy to jam on content strategy

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
What type of content are you creating? Let me know if I can help.. Happy to jam on content strategy
I am no longer creating content right now. Please read the post just above this one.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...