The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Rapper Math Fails Again

Lgallion

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 2, 2012
Ahh, typical "income rich, asset poor" thinking. If we could just narrow it down to the rap community and perform an intervention that would be great. However the problem is much more widespread.:(

DreamPursuit

Say a little, do a lot
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 18, 2010
South Carolina
He had a Lambo and a Ferrari repoed!? That is nuts. Trying to keep up that image... Someone should start a seminar for the famous that are financially illiterate, and maybe call it "Living Within Your Means 101." Who's with me?

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
He had a Lambo and a Ferrari repoed!? That is nuts. Trying to keep up that image... Someone should start a seminar for the famous that are financially illiterate, and maybe call it "Living Within Your Means 101." Who's with me?

No, screw them and take their money. The more money that goes to these idiots the more business opportunities open up for smart people to sell stuff to them/take it from them. I would sell one of these people a $700 bottle of mediocre champagne or vodka any day of the week, even Sunday.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

DreamPursuit

Say a little, do a lot
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 18, 2010
South Carolina
No, screw them and take their money. The more money that goes to these idiots the more business opportunities open up for smart people to sell stuff to them/take it from them. I would sell one of these people a $700 bottle of mediocre champagne or vodka any day of the week, even Sunday.

I didn't say it would be cheap.:cool: It could be like an extravagant function with food and your $700 bottles of champagne or vodka(extra charge of course:D). You could possibly charge from $80,000 to $120,000. After a few of these seminars you could be retired on a beach, drinking little umbrella drinks. Also, remember just because you teach them how to live within their means doesn't necessarily mean they would put it to use. (You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink)

Bow Wow Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth
10k!!!! What a dumbass!!! This guy could be worth well in to the millions right now if he would have just driven a porsche or range rover.

He had a Bentley repossessed too?! When will he ever learn? lol

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Wow. What's crazy is I am somewhat familiar with this guys whole career and he has some pretty good music/acting projects under his belt. Most notably a starring role in one of the Fast and Furious series and at least one platinum and several gold cds.

It's not what you make it's what you keep. I had a great discussion after watching 30/30 about how all the broke athletes they featured had contracts much larger than Magic Johnson's, yet Magic took what little he had and turned that and himself into a brand worth about $500m.

In fairness it's not just rappers that succumb to the illusion of overindulgence. It's actors, lawyers, doctors, factory workers, preachers, and that guy living in his mamas basement driving a corvette. Some rappers are just more visible and controversial and many people feel because they don't fit the mold of how "normal" people conduct themselves, they do not deserve the money, cars, jewelry and lifestyles that they so blatantly flaunt.

Regardless of what side of the issue I am on, I feel that if you have earned your money legally and ethically (subjective) you have a right to F*ck it up any way you want as long as you are not hurting anyone in the process. And we have the right to laugh at you as they haul your lambo off.

joona

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 1, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
People generally suck at understanding interest. This is just another proof of that.

I have always found it amazing how some people need to show that they are "successful" when they are not. I for one would feel like an a-hole if I would get a Lambo or something in my current financial situation. I haven't earned it, so I don't drive it. Yet :)

MikeRuss

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 13, 2012
Oregon

Might be a good business start up!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Charge them 40,000 for the class.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Bow Wow was worth millions at 14, too. Beware of Dog was a bestselling album.

prime

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 16, 2012
Vienna, Virginia
That's ridiculous how someone can go from making millions, to neglecting child support, being broke, and basically being YMCMB's official b*tch boy.

j3m4090

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 29, 2012
In defense of hip hop....yolo!!!! It's that go hard or go home mindset that makes me love it. Reminds me of this song I recorded with a old grammy runner up (where talking wayyy back). It was so odd to me that he needed a ride from his one bedroom apartment. I grew up watching this guy on MTV and now im picking him up because he has no $ for a car???Kendrick Lamar and the tde camp in the other hand is one of the few that are really on the fastlane

vtlambo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Mar 10, 2012
In defense of hip hop....yolo!!!! It's that go hard or go home mindset that makes me love it. Reminds me of this song I recorded with a old grammy runner up (where talking wayyy back). It was so odd to me that he needed a ride from his one bedroom apartment. I grew up watching this guy on MTV and now im picking him up because he has no $ for a car???Kendrick Lamar and the tde camp in the other hand is one of the few that are really on the fastlane

Keep in mind Kendrick Lamar was no overnight success, he's been doing his thing for over 10 years now, until recent when he made it big. He's worth quite a few $$$ also. But there's nothing on him about spending money on cars or homes, yet.

j3m4090

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 29, 2012
All of compton pretty much knows him....he got the whips and chains too...but the difference is his asset bought them compared to credit:).

gogiver8figs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Sep 15, 2012
This happens because people get money but don't change their mindset.

In reality any famous rapper who looses all his money, is not poor. They have a brand and they have relationships. If they had the proper mindset and knowledge they could generate money on command (like Donald Trump who went bankcrupt many times).

Examples -
Bow Wow could:

• host a to all his fans and charge a fee - a few hundred thousand right there...
  • Partner with a mobile app developer and launch a game - get all the users to opt in to his email address; then monetize the list with affiliate offers.....
  • Create a "become a rap star" training course - follow Jeff Walker's "Product Launch Formula". He would have no problem getting all the top affiliates in the game as JV Partners - first prize? He appears in a video or on TV with them....
  • License some of his songs to video game developers....
  • Go to buysellads.com and start selling sponsored tweets - $500 a pop

The list is endless.....

EN_VY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Sep 28, 2012
Houston
I'm not saying rappers don't go broke, but maybe he's saying that he is for legal purposes? Child support etc

Sent from my iOS powered Android.

lotus_pearl

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 21, 2011
Wow. What's crazy is I am somewhat familiar with this guys whole career and he has some pretty good music/acting projects under his belt. Most notably a starring role in one of the Fast and Furious series and at least one platinum and several gold cds.

It's not what you make it's what you keep. I had a great discussion after watching 30/30 about how all the broke athletes they featured had contracts much larger than Magic Johnson's, yet Magic took what little he had and turned that and himself into a brand worth about $500m.

In fairness it's not just rappers that succumb to the illusion of overindulgence. It's actors, lawyers, doctors, factory workers, preachers, and that guy living in his mamas basement driving a corvette. Some rappers are just more visible and controversial and many people feel because they don't fit the mold of how "normal" people conduct themselves, they do not deserve the money, cars, jewelry and lifestyles that they so blatantly flaunt.

Regardless of what side of the issue I am on, I feel that if you have earned your money legally and ethically (subjective) you have a right to F*ck it up any way you want as long as you are not hurting anyone in the process. And we have the right to laugh at you as they haul your lambo off.

Agreed.
Trump was in debt 8billion (?) at one point right? Though he came back with a vengeance :)

I think its wrong to take advantage of someone even if you think they dont deserve what they have. Yes, a lot of rappers, athletes, actors etc. that came from eating three times a week into millions of dollars are going to do pretty stupid things with they're money, they've never had it and the way they (rappers) get it is by rapping about it. I cant rap about what I dont have... Anyway I feel bad for the guy, think of how many people he has around him but no one is offering him guidance... Only the next iced out chain.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.