What's new

Rapid startup case study - ongoing

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

RogueFreedom

New Contributor
Joined
Sep 29, 2014
Messages
3
Rep Bank
$65
User Power: 200%
Thanks to those of you who have offered feedback to me on this concept of a “done for you” outsource staffing service. The guidance and insight has been very valuable in niching down my business focus. Today, I’m pleased to announce that http://www.OutsourceHound.com is live! Here is a brief look at how I’ve built the initial launch site and my plans for this thing going forward.

Background:
OutsourceHound is built to solve the problem of busy small business owners finding quality, reliable independent contractors. Our service will recruit, screen, interview, and vet, all through existing outlets, the quality of applicants. We do this for a one time fee per customer need. The recommendation is then delivered to the customer for them to hire, manage, pay, and build along side of. We are simply the matchmaker.

Build Process:
In the spirit of Dan Norris’ latest project (WPCurve) and his new book 7 Day Startup , which coincidentally is free at the time of this post on Amazon, I’ve taken a rapid startup approach to this project. Idea validation may already be dead.
Since it’s mainly a service based business that’s not terribly difficult, but did require some creative work in WordPress to make it happen.
Through a combination of the Genesis Framework, NinjaForms, Paypal, PrellyLink, Easy Pricing Pages, and a few others I’ve created all of the tools necessary to get this thing off the ground. OutsourceHound is live now and you can check it out for yourself. Beta customers will receive a discounted price of $39.99 for our service, and we’ll likely introduce additional tiers going forward based on project scope, budget, and type of service required.
All things told I would say that I’ve spend no more than 25 hours building out this simple MVP, all while working a full time corporate job, having a wife and 2 young kids at home, and even doing some initial prelaunch marketing. For someone who’s been guilty of both being a Wantrepreneur and having Shiny Object Syndrome in the past, this is the ideal way to operate and I’ll never go back. If I can’t test an idea live in the market within a week it’s not worth doing for me.
I did do some idea validation along the way, and thanks to David Schneider, Erica Hale, and Joe Hughes from the DC for helping me refine the idea a bit as I developed my MVP.

Next Steps:
I’ll certainly update you here as OutsourceHound gets it’s first paying customer and we get some feedback on how the process goes for the customers. I plan on focusing solely on marketing efforts until the demand is sufficient to either bring on part time help or build this into a true software based app. Right now everything is manual, but I think there’s big potential for automating a majority of the process.
My marketing plan includes guest blogging on related sites, social media presence (mostly through Twitter), and as I get my first paid customers I’ll run some targeted ads. This can scale a long way until I need to reinvest money back into development of the project. Nights and weekends will be spent marketing and actually performing the service for customers for a while.

Thank You:
This is an amazing community and I’m honored to be a part of such talented folks. Thank you all for your knowledge and guidance.

I look forward to updating this thread as we grow, learn, and help more entrepreneurs outsource easier.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Op vji tqosov ug Fep Pussot’ mevitv qsukidv (XQDaswi) epf jot pix cuul 7 Fez Tvesvaq , xjodj duopdofipvemmz ot gsii ev vji voni ug vjot qutv up Enebup,

Vjeplt gus qutvoph vjot, O katv huv vjot cuul - muult qsivvz eneboph gsun vji siwoixt.
Emtu citv ug madl xovj zuas tvesvaq - fu miv at lpux jux ov huit!
 
@tnesvz, vjeplt gus vji xusft ug ipduasehinipv. O'wi sief Fep't cuul epf ov't hsiev. Gummuxoph emuph xovj vji nivjufumuhz ji qoupiisif ev XQDaswi jet ciip iydovoph gus ni epf UavtuasdiJuapf tu ges. O cimoiwi O'n up vji wishi ug nz gostv qezoph datvunis katv 3 juast opvu ov.

O'n tasi vjisi xomm ci loplt vu xusl uav emuph vji xez, cav ov't e vup civvis vu miesp vjot xez, cz fuoph, sevjis vjep vjoploph O lpux xjev vji datvunis siemmz xepvt. Miv vjin vimm ni.

Xomm liiq zua qutvif et vjopht qsuhsitt emuph.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom