- Joined
- Mar 18, 2011
- Messages
- 857
Rep Bank
$1,530
$1,530
User Power: 62%
So why is it that you can get more advice and help from strangers in business than wealthy family members, not necessarily parents? Is it the old adage that they don't want you to outshine them? I have several wealthy family members, close cousins etc., not parents, and I have received more contacts and business advice from total strangers, that I have built rapport with, than I ever did from them. I moved on to other mentors years ago but it is a little puzzling. You think family is there to help, but in business I have not found it to be the case. Also, family will screw you over before others will, seems contradictory but I have seen it many times; they somehow feel that they can get away with bullsh*t somehow.
*I advise people to never do business with friends or family, unless maybe they are your parents, you probably wont get anywhere. What you are looking for is to make contacts with who they do business with. Look for friends of family and friends of friends, your really two degrees separated in this regard. Just my two cents.
*I advise people to never do business with friends or family, unless maybe they are your parents, you probably wont get anywhere. What you are looking for is to make contacts with who they do business with. Look for friends of family and friends of friends, your really two degrees separated in this regard. Just my two cents.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
