The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Maybe we should get some X-rays and take those to a few different places? I met a guy who has lived down here for 20ish years and he has some pretty good contacts on where to go for things like this.
Probably the best bet. There is dozens of dentists in my city but I travel over an hour to my dentist from the area I grew up as they are the ones I trust. All reviews online are 5 star, my family and I have been going to them for years.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Ok one more post for me. I just read this, from Canada's Minster of Finance, who also works at the WEF
This is about following the money. This is about stopping the financing of these illegal blockades. We are today serving notice: if your truck is being used in these protests, your corporate accounts will be frozen.

The insurance on your vehicle will be suspended. Send your semi-trailers home. The Canadian economy needs them to be doing legitimate work, not to be illegally making us all poorer.

These illegal blockades and occupation are causing serious harm to our economy, to our democracy, and to Canada’s international standing. They cannot continue. They will not continue.

Talk about tone deaf!!!!! These folks started protesting due to tyranny, and you think that doubling down and playing the ultimate tyranny card will make it stop? Go back to work with your WEF handlers you puppet.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Ok one more post for me. I just read this, from Canada's Minster of Finance, who also works at the WEF

Talk about tone deaf!!!!! These folks started protesting due to tyranny, and you think that doubling down and playing the ultimate tyranny card will make it stop? Go back to work with your WEF handlers you puppet.
No choice except to double down because the dude is part of the WEF. "Follow the money," as he said himself.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

There’s a theory the good guys are in charge and that this is all a movie to make us hate the bad guys so much the we accept it when the good guys take over.

It’s such a ridiculously bad movie we are watching that it’s designed to wake everyone up.

I see things like this and it just makes sense to me that that has to be the case, no one could be this dumb.

But then I look around and no one is waking up so I really don’t know what to think.

How anyone can support this is just beyond me.

Imagine if go fund me said we aren’t giving BLM the money because they’re using it to bail out literal criminals who destroyed cities. Everyone would lose thier minds.

Imagine doxing anyone who donated to BLM.

There’s a video of the guy who hacked give send go getting around, he’s live streaming bragging about it. He looks possessed. He has that unhinged look in his eyes they all have but it’s like 100x. It’s insane to me. I’ve never seen someone like this in real life.

If he doxed the blm donators, no one would give a F*ck who donated and he be public enemy number 1 like Snowden and Assange.

Edit: Watch the video for yourself, I’m not exaggerating he’s insane

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
280A584B-1B16-4DA0-9B6B-58ECC97B8AC3.jpeg

Tony100

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 11, 2020
What is described above is a lifestyle choice over enterprise.
I don't think that's true.

Business 1: $30 million revenue but little profit. 45 employees. Variety of services offered and business model is chaotic/disorganised.

Business 2: $800k profit in a month. 6 employees. 2 services offered. Simple business model.

In Business 2 it is much easier to hire a CEO and separate yourself from the business. The business is more likely to become passive. It would also be much easier to sell. Additionally, those profits can be invested in another business or something passive or semi-passive. Business 1 sounded like it is less of a 'business' and much more reliant on the owner than business 2.

I respect your opinion that it is a complicated question so there is not one right answer. It's a lot of personal preference and depends on the scenario.

By the way if I can add a book recommendation: The Profit Mindset by Andy Cristin. Not a well known book but 66 pages straight to the point, written by a Finance Director. The basic idea is that 1) 40% of the average business' sales are unprofitable 2) Businesses should calculate which of it's services are profitable and which aren't 3) For unprofitable services you should increase price or discontinue it 4) Focus on growing profitable services. It sounds like the guy in the youtube video has done something similar.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I have 2 anker soundcores. They have an epic battery life and each survived at least 20 drops out of a golf cart. Sounds great.

I was looking at these, someone else I know also recommended them. Thanks!

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Jeren Miles, head of global community development for Meta/Facebook gets caught trying to meet up with a 13-year old in a hotel room:

View: https://youtu.be/s5iQ1ItDx5U

Guy basically admits everything without a lawyer out of guilt. News about this is NOWHERE to be found on Google apart from a few Reddit queries.

People are wondering if this is getting censored. Try and look it up yourself on Google, it does seem awfully quiet with the top result being from some polish website.

Another name change coming for Facebook or is this not going to see the light of day?

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Jeren Miles, head of global community development for Meta/Facebook gets caught trying to meet up with 13-year old in a hotel room:

Guy basically admits everything without a lawyer out of guilt. News about this are NOWHERE to be found on Google apart from a few reddit queries.

People are wondering if this is getting censored. Try and look it up yourself in Google, it does seem oddly quiet.

Another name change coming for Facebook?
I am only surprised that you were able to get the video and that people are able to find out.

What's really important is that they need to take this more seriously and actually serve justice in cases like this. The censorship and hiding is disgusting. It just makes them (Facebook/Meta, Google, media outlets who aren't putting it front page) appear complicit.

...Much like the Maxwell trial.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
I am only surprised that you were able to get the video and that people are able to find out.

What's really important is that they need to take this more seriously and actually serve justice in cases like this. The censorship and hiding is disgusting. It just makes them (Facebook/Meta, Google, media outlets who aren't putting it front page) appear complicit.

...Much like the Maxwell trial.

I got the video from a direct link on Reddit. And yeah, I am also surprised that it hasn't been deleted yet.

The problem is that while WE get to see that this guy is a pedo (as his demeanor and admissions would suggest), there is no official investigation, just some Internet vigilantes doing their thing.

And I'm pretty sure Zuck & Co. will do their best to, uhh, augment the chat messages this slimy F*ck exchanged with the kid after seeing this video.

But hey, hopefully, I'm wrong and he gets punished.

Oh, and if Facebook loses another $200 billion, that would be great too.

Last edited:

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Jeren Miles, head of global community development for Meta/Facebook gets caught trying to meet up with a 13-year old in a hotel room:

Guy basically admits everything without a lawyer out of guilt. News about this is NOWHERE to be found on Google apart from a few Reddit queries.

People are wondering if this is getting censored. Try and look it up yourself on Google, it does seem awfully quiet with the top result being from some polish website.

Another name change coming for Facebook or is this not going to see the light of day?
Looks like nothing on mainstream media, front page of google is only reddit and blogging sites.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I got the video from a direct link on Reddit. And yeah, I am also surprised that it hasn't been deleted yet.

The problem is that while WE get to see that this guy is a pedo (as his demeanor and admissions would suggest), there is no official investigation, just some Internet vigilantes doing their thing.

And I'm pretty sure Zuck & Co. will do their best to, uhh, augment the chat messages this slimy f*ck exchanged with the kid after seeing this video.

But hey, hopefully, I'm wrong and he gets punished.

Oh, and if Facebook loses another $200 billion, that would be great too.

Looks like nothing on mainstream media, front page of google is only reddit and blogging sites.
There were some heavily viewed reddit posts about it, and they were all removed.

I can understand if they were in off topic places - they were not.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
There were some heavily viewed reddit posts about it, and they were all removed.

I can understand if they were in off topic places - they were not.

Full 2-hour video where they even confront him with a phone call from one of his past victims:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDbMDy2e44w

And there's already a supposed Meta employee that's making it look like they're taking care of things:

Screenshot_83.jpg

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
And there's already a supposed Meta employee that's making it look like they're taking care of things:
Ah yes, nothing says “legitimate Meta employee” quite like u/iworkatmeta

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Lol reddit. What a cesspool.

I end up on reddit far more than I like, as lots of "how do I fix ####" or some other troubleshooting question usually ends up on reddit. I generally know more than most people when searching for these problems, but something has stumped me. I know enough to at least know what is BS anyways. Reddit, 9 times out of 10, is a bunch of absolute morons spouting off like they know what they are talking about, but it is generally completely false. I fear for those that think the BS provided is real.

Sometimes I am able to find buried the answer I need, but more often than not I just exit out and am flabbergasted by the sheer stupidity that these people post in order to win those little icon things on their posts.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Update on the Meta pedo

Search results seem to be getting traction, a few news outlets have already covered the story, most notably TechCrunch:

Meta, the parent company of Facebook, has confirmed to TechCrunch that Jeren A. Miles, who had been a manager of global community development, is no longer employed by the company after a video went viral on YouTube, which was then reposted on Reddit and other sites, featuring him in a sting operation conducted by amateurs with the intent of catching paedophiles.

The two-hour video, posted by an amateur group called PCI Predator Catchers Indianapolis on its YouTube page, does not depict Miles caught in any sex act, nor admitting to any specific sex act, nor admitting to intending to carry out any sex act. And it is not clear what the legal ramifications of this will be, if any.

But it does feature two people questioning Miles, who in the course of the interrogation admits to having graphic and inappropriate communications with a 13-year-old boy. It’s a damning enough exchange that Miles has subsequently deleted his social profiles on sites like Facebook and Twitter, and — whether he was fired or resigned voluntarily — Miles has left his role at Facebook over the matter.

The shit that's written in bold is veering off into "fact check" territory. I watched the full video and the guy admits to a LOT of things. I've no idea why they wrote it that way - perhaps to make sure they're covered legally i.e to not have their article come off as slander.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Try and look it up yourself in Google, it does seem awfully quiet with the top result being from some polish website.

Funny how relying on big tech and mainstream *news* to be informed makes you either uninformed or misinformed.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
The media in this world is so jacked up I’m getting my HAM Radio license. Mostly to learn how to use it because I have no respect for the license itself.

Hard to beat eyewitness people around the world that you can talk directly to without censorship. You just can’t trust any corporate media anymore.

It’s the original decentralized communication method. No cell towers. No Verizon. No Facebook. No Fox or CNN. It’s you and a signal you can both send and receive.

Got CB radios for all the cars too.

Anyone familiar with Iridium Satphones? I’m going to get a few of them too. I feel as though items like this are about become more useful.

Last edited:

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Funny how relying on big tech and mainstream *news* to be informed makes you either uninformed or misinformed.

Well, you can trust the mainstream media to cover a story. How they will cover it i.e which agenda they've chosen to push can usually be discerned rather easily.

When they blatantly ignore/avoid something, however, that's when you know it's a story they can't really skew to fit a narrative.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Stop using Twitter, and social media for a while.
It makes it seem like the world is ending, but it's not.
Things are much calmer for me now.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
This shit will only get worse.

Now is the time to build relationships with lots of people who can help you weather this storm.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/ezralevant/status/1494116524591886338?s=21
JT is out to get anyone who isn't on his political side. He recently caught a bunch of flack because he said the 90% liberal party (the Conservatives) were a bunch of flag waving nazis. The sitting MPs of the Conservative Party who are Jewish were a bit offended.

Of course it just rolled off Justin Castro because he is somehow invincible and can literally say and do anything he wants. Including calling anyone who isn't injected with the juice racists, misogynistic, extremists and conspiracy theorists on live TV.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
In happier news my son turned 2 today!!! We had a small party for him at a local restaurant that has a big kids play area. We let all the kids here who were present have some swings on the piñata and have their share of the candy.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I think it should go without saying at this point that if you’re going to send money to truckers, you need to find a way to do it with crypto.

Why are donors still letting these virtue signaling commie banks watch them do this? Just asking for trouble.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
So, in other news.
I found the perfect domain for any one of you who's been harboring dreams of starting a Travel & Tours business.. for masochists :happy:

View attachment 42188
Ah yes, just become an affiliate of all the torture museums spread across Europe.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Yesterday I went to Home Depot for plywood. They were fresh out of 2' x 4' so I bought a 4' x 4' piece without considering if it would fit in my Ford Escape. When I got to my car, I realized the error. Tried to fit it in the trunk and in the side door but it wasn't working. Then this guy who collects the carts came over. He pulled out a tape measure and helped me find an angle. Then he helped me load the wood into my car.

This is the second or third time this guy has showed up out of nowhere to help me with something. I really appreciated it. When he was done helping me, he went over and helped another customer loading stuff into her car.

Maybe that's his job. I don't know. But it really was helpful. I was in a pickle. Just took my hand saw out of the car a day or two ago, so I had no way to cut the wood. Didn't want to carry the wood back into the store either. Anyway, thought I'd share a story of something good happening in the world for a change. There's still people out there who don't suck.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yesterday I went to Home Depot for plywood. They were fresh out of 2' x 4' so I bought a 4' x 4' piece without considering if it would fit in my Ford Escape. When I got to my car, I realized the error. Tried to fit it in the trunk and in the side door but it wasn't working. Then this guy who collects the carts came over. He pulled out a tape measure and helped me find an angle. Then he helped me load the wood into my car.

This is the second or third time this guy has showed up out of nowhere to help me with something. I really appreciated it. When he was done helping me, he went over and helped another customer loading stuff into her car.

Maybe that's his job. I don't know. But it really was helpful. I was in a pickle. Just took my hand saw out of the car a day or two ago, so I had no way to cut the wood. Didn't want to carry the wood back into the store either. Anyway, thought I'd share a story of something good happening in the world for a change. There's still people out there who don't suck.

I've found most Home Depot employees are very helpful and proactive, often wandering the aisles asking people if they need help finding something. More importantly, there's always one of the employees in the worst aisle to find something: the nuts, bolts, and screw aisle. It might be a customer service standard that trains for this.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
20 minutes ago:

Our 9 year old: “Dad. Can people make money selling t-shirts?”