The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
fyi if suddenly don’t seem to be around for the next few days…

Ah. Hope you feel better.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
He was not banned, only he was banned from the the copywriting thread when he thought relentless ad hominem attacks was a good way to prove his argument. His departure thread was deleted, If the forum no longer works for anyone, it is unnecessary to post some grand proclamation of your exit, you simply leave and never return. Or message the forum and request an account deletion.

Yeah, I went overboard.

@Antifragile @thechosen1 I've no idea what you guys posted since I went to sleep and when I woke up everything was deleted but I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have been showing my not-quite-two year old son videos of truck convoys the last few days. He excitedly shouts "Truck! Truck!" the whole time.

I guess he decided to make his own convoy! I am happy that he is excited about this, even though he does not yet understand.

I am hopeful that this means he can have all the things a child deserves. They deserve to see other children's faces. They deserve to play at parks. They deserve to be able to play with other children they see at the grocery store and the mall without their parents pulling the other children back in terror. They deserve to visit Grandma and Grandpa whenever they want, without their parents fear of being ticketed by the government. They deserve their childhood.

What scares me is children having to grow up without ever seeing facial expressions outside of their own home. It is time people stopped being terrified and started living again.View attachment 41891

“I will stop the motor of the world.”

- John Galt, Canadian Truckers and Mike :cool::thumbsup:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
fyi if suddenly don’t seem to be around for the next few days…

Thanks for leaving me in charge. I’ve got this taken care of.

A25F9FD5-8F0B-4EF6-A7A4-7279D68DB3B8.jpeg

In all seriousness, you’ll kick this thing’s a$$ brother!

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Stockdale Paradox: “You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose—with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.”

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Stockdale Paradox: “You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end—which you can never afford to lose—with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.”

What a coincidence! I'm now writing about it for my new project. Also, it's good to add this for context (from Ross Edgley's The Art of Resilience):

In an interview with Stockdale, business guru and author James C Collins named it the ‘Stockdale Paradox’. Referring to his coping strategy during his period in the Vietnamese POW camp, Stockdale said, ‘I never lost faith in the end of the story, I never doubted not only that I would get out, but also that I would prevail in the end and turn the experience into the defining event of my life, which, in retrospect, I would not trade.’

When Collins asked who didn’t make it out of Vietnam, Stockdale replied, ‘Oh, that’s easy, the optimists. Oh, they were the ones who said, “We’re going to be out by Christmas.” And Christmas would come, and Christmas would go. Then they’d say, “We’re going to be out by Easter.” And Easter would come, and Easter would go. And then Thanksgiving, and then it would be Christmas again. And they died of a broken heart.’

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I'm not affiliated with them at all, but for anyone wanting to find business ideas with more details, execution, etc. the YT channel "UpFlip" has some amazing information on it.

The latest one with the home builder was crazy informative.

Definitely recommend to everyone here, especially those who don't know what's out there (which seems super common)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Beautiful copywriting on the Royal Marines' website:

Courage. Determination. Unselfishness. Cheerfulness in the face of adversity. Combined, these are the ethos of the Royal Marines, and what sets them apart from anything else. You’ll embody this ethos at all times, whether you’re in scorching heat, biting cold or dense jungles. This is an elite force, and it’s one that will need you to aim higher than just rising to the challenge. And once you’ve found your physical and mental limits, you’ll go beyond them, push yourself further, and show a type of strength you’ve never needed before.

I bet that the type of a person they're looking for is nodding their head as they're reading this.

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
I'm not affiliated with them at all, but for anyone wanting to find business ideas with more details, execution, etc. the YT channel "UpFlip" has some amazing information on it.

The latest one with the home builder was crazy informative.

Definitely recommend to everyone here, especially those who don't know what's out there (which seems super common)
I am watching the vinyl car wrapping episode now. I have heard of companies that do car wrapping for advertising purposes, but I didn't know that people do it to protect expensive cars.

The video seems well made and thoughtful - I think this is a good way to learn what you can do if you need inspiration.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I am watching the vinyl car wrapping episode now. I have heard of companies that do car wrapping for advertising purposes, but I didn't know that people do it to protect expensive cars.

The video seems well made and thoughtful - I think this is a good way to learn what you can do if you need inspiration.
absolutely, they go into so much detail and even have their videos broken into tons of sections with subtitles!

The latest one about the homebuilder was crazy, as was the gas station one... Very eye opening information that is rare to hear. You'd normally need to know an owner personally to hear half that stuff.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Hey, just wanted to say I received a really nice DM from @Simon Angel and there are no hard feelings on my end for what happened between us if anyone is wondering. He is a good guy, just took things a bit far there, but his heart is in the right place. Wishing you good luck going forward dude, and once again, no hard feelings here.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Hey, just wanted to say I received a really nice DM from @Simon Angel and there are no hard feelings on my end for what happened between us if anyone is wondering. He is a good guy, just took things a bit far there, but his heart is in the right place. Wishing you good luck going forward dude, and once again, no hard feelings here.
I love a happy ending :blush:

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
You'd normally need to know an owner personally to hear half that stuff.
That's what I was thinking - it is kind of like live mentoring from various business owners.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

Glad you guys worked it out. It takes two to tango... important to get peace after duking it out. :) Thanks for posting this!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I haven’t had a Facebook in a few years… Wow… It really is designed to hypnotize the shit out of you.

The crafty panda and Unilad videos I never even followed are a constant assault. I buried the app in the back of my phone. They have GOT to be losing avid users.

Can you guys imagine their “meta verse?” Every three steps you take, “here’s how you make a working Boeing 747 out of 3 coke cans and a Kangaroo femur.”

Twitter is so much better.

Last edited:

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Agreed.

Most of the people I know my age barely use Facebook now. More so Instagram.

I came within days of my account being permantently deleted (takes 30 days) but then I joined a gym that uses it for the groups so I'm stuck on it lol.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I haven’t had a Facebook in a few years… Wow… It really is designed to hypnotize the shit out of you.

The crafty panda and Unilad videos I never even followed are a constant assault. I buried the app in the back of my phone. They have GOT to be losing avid users.

Can you guys imagine their “meta verse?” Every three steps you take, “here’s how you make a working Boeing 747 out of 3 coke cans and a Kangaroo femur.”

I think both are cancer, but I hate Twitter more. Twitter is far more manipulative on what it shows as “trending” - at least Facebook tries to show things relevant to me.

On Twitter there could be a million tweets supporting the Canadian convoy but instead they’ll show 1,000 tweets of #convoyidiots as the top trend.

Barf.

(Of course, Facebook now has taken a blatant agenda too in the form of fact checkers that are anything but)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I think both are cancer, but I hate Twitter more. Twitter is far more manipulative on what it shows as “trending” - at least Facebook tries to show things relevant to me.

On Twitter there could be a million tweets supporting the Canadian convoy but instead they’ll show 1,000 tweets of #convoyidiots as the top trend.

Barf.
My Twitter has nothing, but rabid support for the convoy. It reflects who I follow.

Facebook to me has absolutely no social value anymore.

The fastlane forum is still my favorite social media.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

My Twitter has nothing, but rabid support for the convoy. It reflects who I follow.

Facebook to me has absolutely no social value anymore.

The fastlane forum is still my favorite social media.
Don’t you see the sidebar though? Idk the Twitter sidebar is so irritating with how unreal it all is.

Anyway yeah the forum is the best!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Don’t you see the sidebar though? Idk the Twitter sidebar is so irritating with how unreal it all is.

Anyway yeah the forum is the best!
I only use my phone? :(

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
I've been seeing a lot of "Lunar New Year" marketing over the past few days, so I decided to check my email inbox for the keyword phrase, and I didn't see it mentioned until 2020, 2021, 2022.

I checked Google Trends for "Lunar New Year," aside from an increase in interest in 2007, people didn't significantly search for the "Lunar New Year" keyword phrase in the United States until 2020, 2021, and 2022. Interesting...

Web capture_1-2-2022_154631_trends.google.com.jpeg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My cv19 report: feel a bit better, still fatigued and running a mild fever. Was able to sleep a bit overnight unlike the night prior when my temp got up to 101.5 and didn’t sleep a wink.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

I don’t use FB.

But I like Twitter and Discord for all the Web3 learning stuff.

Meta is not the same as Metaverse. It’s clever use of a new name to tap into a technology of the future. They are getting a “free ride” on that name.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
I met Chris Hatfield in person, his fluency in Russian and the depth and breadth of knowledge on many subjects is just astonishing.

I highly recommend his books too. Here is a good quote for those who need it:

"That’s how I approach just about everything. I spend my life getting ready to play “Rocket Man.” I picture the most demanding challenge; I visualize what I would need to know how to do to meet it; then I practice until I reach a level of competence where I’m comfortable that I’ll be able to perform." (Chris Hadfield, An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.