The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I know there are some angry anti-maskers in here. I am frontline medical and the mask has been the infection control staple since we figured out germ theory of disease in 1881. There is no “sheep” to it. It’s mitigation. But if you guys want us to forego the mask, glove, gown staple at your next procedure warn us first so we can call the insurer to prepare for your lawsuit. The germ theory will outlive all of you. Also: Kids don’t wear masks under 12 in my country. Being anti-mask over this particular viral illness is cherry picking the laws of infection control to suit. Like Christians cherry pick the bible.

BA12B528-CAEF-4459-8F1E-26224EA55E79.jpeg
Here. Have some honor.

Last edited:

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Edit: add this to a list of reasons why I am NOT an anarchist

Russia and China have been getting closer since 2019, and now they have brought in Iran. They have enough land, people, and oil to form their own planet. I wonder who else is in their orbit.

Iran, Russia, and China will begin on Friday joint naval drills for three days in the Indian Ocean, seeking to reinforce "common security," an Iranian naval official said Thursday.

The announcement of the maneuvers coincides with Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi's official visit to Moscow, where he said
Tehran has "no limits for expanding ties with Russia."

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
I was on a 6 week course of 10 mg/ day Montekalust in March/ April 2021. Thankfully, I didn't notice any side effects. It did help a lot with the issue I was having and have had ever since I went to India in 2017 and picked soemthing up there.
My issue (uncontrollable itching when exercising/ getting warm) basically prevented me from being able to do any intense exercise for the best part of 3 years. That f*cked me up mentally as I had been an elite-level athlete my entire life.

I haven't had any issues so far from it and now I just take an anti-histamine.
I heard liver issues can cause intense itching

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
I've done liver function tests and a couple of others. It all appeared fine.
That's strange. I had something similar happen when I went to Mexico. Except my symptoms were I started losing feeling in my hands and feet. I would get dizzy easily and get heart palpitations. Got a lot of blood tests and everything was fine. I'm also very fit, eat well and lift weights daily.

I suppose in my case it could have been psychosomatic, because I get stressed very easily. I even had a phase when I was young where I had intense back pain for 3 months (literally bed ridden), and it just went away one day after I read a book about how it's due to stress.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Russia and China have been getting closer since 2019, and now they have brought in Iran. They have enough land, people, and oil to form their own planet. I wonder who else is in their orbit.

Iran, Russia, and China will begin on Friday joint naval drills for three days in the Indian Ocean, seeking to reinforce "common security," an Iranian naval official said Thursday.

The announcement of the maneuvers coincides with Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi's official visit to Moscow, where he said

Scary stuff.

Again, this is when some reasonable defense may prove necessary. I believe it's naive to think we could just isolate our country and expect the rest of the world not to destroy us.

Not going to start watching the news, but just something I think about...a little defense is a good idea...

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020

Allocating 100% of my portfolio to Defense.

ALL IN ON THE WAR MACHINE, BABY!

***not financial advice***

cj2vw26nmd941.jpg

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
So.. my girlfriend finished her exams and now taking a much needed break.

She was looking at a series so I joined her ( obviously… why work? :rofl:)

It is called Rich Kids Skint Holiday. The idea of the show is that a rich kid goes on holiday with a poorer family. It shows the differences between their holidays, spending, etc.

Watching 4 episodes so far, I dislike poor people.

There was a single mom who couldn’t do much more than she was doing in the slowlane, and another couple that one of them was sick and the other was taking care of him.
This I understand, and wealth is health. Sometimes, current circumstances don’t allow you to do anything else.

But the other episodes show working class families.
2 salaries, at least £3000/ month income.
£900 rent.

How the actual F*ck you don’t have enough money and barely scrape by?
They’ve budgeted and saved for 6 months £350 to go on the “skint holiday”. They accepted their circumstances and believe there’s nothing to do for a better life.

I am so angry.
For one, I don’t understand their “budgeting”.
Second, sometimes being poor is a choice.

F*ck me if I ever end up like this.

Needless to say, this is another propaganda programme that makes you believe the rich are evil and the poor are good cause they choose “ family “ over money.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Similar to this thread, I think there's a big gap and motivation issue when someone is just getting started.

Goals are important, but they need to be big enough to inspire you, and small enough for you to to plan and take action.

It seems that motivation is lost when the goal is really large, and the tasks at hand are still far removed from that goal. (Like, own a billion dollar real estate company, but you're just trying to buy your second property)

Or you even have a bit of sales, but you're way below your goal.

Is that the "desert of desertion?"

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I know there are some angry anti-maskers in here. I am frontline medical and the mask has been the infection control staple since we figured out germ theory of disease in 1881. There is no “sheep” to it. It’s mitigation. But if you guys want us to forego the mask, glove, gown staple at your next procedure warn us first so we can call the insurer to prepare for your lawsuit. The germ theory will outlive all of you. Also: Kids don’t wear masks under 12 in my country. Being anti-mask over this particular viral illness is cherry picking the laws of infection control to suit. Like Christians cherry pick the bible.

I understand your point, but you're arguing a strawman as @Rabby stated.

I can't speak for other folks here, but masks being worn in an operating room, hospital, or even a crowded venue seems pretty standard. If I'm entering a medical facility I'll wear one, and I'll even wear one when I expect to be in a large crowd with limited social distancing. However I refuse to "mask up" every minute of my life; in a gym, on a walk in a public park, or to an empty store. Sorry, but I'm tired of being lectured by fat-a$$ "health experts" who can't even manage their obvious health problems.

When the government decides to fight against the real health crisis in this country (obesity, diabetes, heart disease) maybe then Ill start paying attention. When the healthcare priorities in this country are being directed by Pfizer, the dairy industry, and the sugar lobby, it's no wonder people who already valued their health don't listen.

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Is that the "desert of desertion?"
The desert of desertion is the duration from idea to your first sale. During this time you don't have a feedback loop and it makes a lot of people quit.

I like to think of this as a visual representation of it when someone is getting started.

Ehfx06uWsAI3QCf

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
Did Netflix missing subscription targets just wreck all markets? lmao

The plebs are tired of watching Friends reruns - so the Fed will need to drop Hawkish stance for more QE.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Today was interesting. After being a subscriber to the WSJ for 14 years... I took it out back and shot it.

Way too line toeing and "conventional wisdom" for me. "Conventional wisdom" is blind obedience now. Obedience isn't wisdom. Which brings me to this final hypothesis: wisdom is not conventional.

1dxjwe.jpg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Someone should make a cancellation deals directory website. We all have all seen deals from subscriptions when we go to cancel they try to get us to stay with an offer that is "too good to refuse." What if we knew what would happen when we tried to cancel? What if you could charge a subscription to let people know how much less they can pay for their other subscriptions? Sending alerts when new offers are better would totally be something I'd sign up for.

Go around half canceling everything and save new car lease.

Might be a fun project for someone!

And plot twist, you’d have a sick cancellation offer too.
:rofl:

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I currently save about 65% on my internet bill because I signed up with a different company and they called and canceled for me. My ISP called me and said if I stay they will give me this bonkers deal.

It is still a rip off at that. Canadian ISP are pure BS. But I'm happy not paying $130/month for mediocre internet.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Meanwhile, Dollar General is quietly taking over the world...

The article is as biased as you'd expect, but it's also hilarious when read from the perspective of an entrepreneur rooting for Dollar General.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

It's a sad world we live in.

Soya told the TV programme Getsuyou Kara Yofukashi (Sitting Up Late From Monday) that he had wanted to increase his presence on social media and believed people would prefer to see a "younger beautiful woman" rather than an old "uncle".

"No-one will read what a normal middle-aged man, taking care of his motorcycle and taking pictures outside, posts on his account," he said.

Soya said he had been surprised by the results of editing apps such as FaceApp.

"First I just tried, then it happened to turn out to be fairly pretty. I get as many as 1,000 'likes' now, though it was usually below 10 before," he said, adding: "I got carried away gradually as I tried to make it cuter."

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy

It's a sad world we live in.

Being ugly (or old) is a big disadvantage in many areas of life. Including, of course, the social media game.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I just found out that Meat Loaf died. I am not going to lie, this hits me pretty hard.

Meat Load Bat out of Hell 2 was literally the first time I had the full on rock and roll experience. I was 8 years old and in an HMV with my parents. My dad said I could pick out any cassette tape that I wanted and he would get it for me. I picked Bat out of Hell 2 because of the absolutely bad a$$ cover art.

My dad must have asked me ten times if he was sure I wanted that one. Not sure why he was so insistent on if I wanted it as he was a Ton Petty, Dire Straights rock kinda guy. I kept saying yes I wanted it. All based on that killer artwork.

download.jpeg

I could not wait to put it in and listen to it. I remember sitting in the parking lot in my parents old fill sized GMC van and putting it on the tape player. It starts out with the rumble of a motorbike mixed with distorted guitar and I was like "wtf is this". It sounded odd to me, and I didn't understand what it was at the time. I thought the tape was broken due to it cutting in and out.

Then the piano started, and then that classic guitar riff. I was instantly hooked!

I have two profoundly strong musical memories, and this was one of them.

Losing Meat Loaf really sucks. Rest in peace you beautiful giant of a man. You made this world a better place.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Just learned that our local hospital will cover the funeral costs of your family member if they die in the hospital and the family agrees that it can be labeled a covid death...

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Just learned that our local hospital will cover the funeral costs of your family member if they die in the hospital and the family agrees that it can be labeled a covid death...
Wow, how kind of them. There is absoluely no way this will be abused.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Wow, how kind of them. There is absoluely no way this will be abused.
Just take away your job, freedom, ability to earn a living... Don't worry the government is here to help and pay some extra costs and send you a cheque each month! Thanks daddy government for helping me out in my time of need...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.