The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
You get what you spend all of your time thinking about. No exceptions.

Guard your thoughts like your life depends on it (because it does).

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA

Joscha Bach: Artificial Consciousness and the Nature of Reality | Lex Fridman Podcast #101

View: https://youtu.be/P-2P3MSZrBM

Listen and learn. :wideyed:

Edit: I listened to this when it was first uploaded/published and many times since then. It's one of the best podcast episodes I've ever listened to.

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Just read something about the world running out helium... If someone figures out how to produce helium intentionally, they will be very rich. There is certainly a way it can be done, probably as a byproduct of some other process.
They literally drill for it now. There is a shit ton of it and very easy to find.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Check out this Soviet educated former Lenin Youth, who wants to centralize all currency and banking into the government (a department of which would become your only bank account), and take control of crypto. To "democratize" money, of course, because that's what it is called when one person gains total control over everyone else's money. Her thesis was "Karl Marx's Economic Analysis and the Theory of Revolution in The Capital." Yep, she's Biden's nominee for Comptroller of the Currency:

Saule Omarova - Wikipedia

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I’m so weirdly hyper competitive that I don’t want to share cool shit with anyone until I know I’m already doing it better than them, but then I remembered that I kinda like you people and.. oh well.. here goes something.

HAVE YOU GUYS READ CONVICT CONDITIONING?!? I’m super in love with his crazy a$$ marketing/info/methodology/pacing!

it’s a workout book that eschews weights as “a bs marketing trick that made nautilus millions”

I’m loving it!
I've been working through it for over a year. It's pretty good, the transition to the higher level steps sometimes need a few more "inbetween" stages than the book gives, but they're easy to work out / Google.

It's probably one of the best work out books around.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
“There aren't many such enthusiasts born. The average person is not especially curious about the world. He is alive, and being somehow obliged to deal with this condition, feels the less effort it requires, the better. Whereas learning about the world is labor, and a great all-consuming one at that. Most people develop quite antithetical talents, in fact - to look without seeing, to listen without hearing, mainly to preserve oneself within oneself.”

― Ryszard Kapuściński, Travels with Herodotus

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
“There aren't many such enthusiasts born. The average person is not especially curious about the world. He is alive, and being somehow obliged to deal with this condition, feels the less effort it requires, the better. Whereas learning about the world is labor, and a great all-consuming one at that. Most people develop quite antithetical talents, in fact - to look without seeing, to listen without hearing, mainly to preserve oneself within oneself.”

― Ryszard Kapuściński, Travels with Herodotus
I want to say this to someone in public. Word for word. :rofl:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I want to say this to someone in public. Word for word. :rofl:

make sure it’s filmed. 99% of the time the person you tell it to will say: “hmm what?”

walk anyway and then tell his friends “what a weirdo, probably wanted some money”.
;)

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I want to say this to someone in public. Word for word.

As the statement says, it wouldn't matter because they don't know how to listen.

That said, read it on your radio show and you've just read it to a lot of the public, likely not your target market, but you get it off your chest.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Imagine not wanting to be a massively positive influence on everyone around you.

WAGMI

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Meta launches new features for Facebook Groups to improve communication between members, strengthen communities, and give admins more ways to customize the look and feel.

In addition, the company shares its vision for the future of communities on Facebook, which brings features from Groups and Pages together in one place.

Here’s an overview of everything that was announced at the recent Facebook Communities Summit.

LOL, give me a FN break.

When FB pages came out years ago, I worked my butt off and grew the page to 150K subscribers only to have FB change the rules so the group is now worthless. I post there and it is shown to 50 people.

F*ck FB. F*ck their groups. And F*ck whatever they do, as they will only change the rules to force you into paying. And if your content doesn't meet their Ministry of Truth's guidelines, you'll be censored to.

Not buying it. F*ck FB, I won't waste my time building ANYTHING there.

Fool me once...

OleksiyRybakov

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Aug 25, 2021
Germany
Regarding the situation with migrants trying to cross the border between Belarus and the EU, Arkadiy Babchenko (a Russian journalist who fled from Russia because of threats that Babchenko received for criticizing the Russian politics) has written an interesting comment. His opinion is that Russia tries to first fully annex Belarus and then annex Ukraine while also de-stabilizing the political situation inside the European Union.

First of all, Russia attempts to create a huge migrational crisis. Poland and Lithuania who are members of the NATO attempt to resist the migrational wave. Lukashenka asked Putin for "help" by sending in the Russian armed forces. This is a perfect opportunity for Russia to annex Belarus. Most likely, if the world is close to a massive war, the EU will not really care if Belarus is annexed. The only different scenario is to actually fight a country with nuclear weapons, but I don't think that lots of politicians inside the EU are willing to do so.

The next step for Russia will be a full destabilization of the political situation inside Ukraine and an attempt to annex Ukraine. The Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Dmytro Kuleba has stated in an interview for ABC News that Russia is looking for opportunities to occupy more of the territories inside Ukraine. The Minister of Inner Defence of Ukraine Denys Monastyrsky has already promised to send a reinforcing troop of 8500 police officers and soldiers and 15 helicopters in order to protect the border between Ukraine and Belarus. However, this step might now be insufficient. Russia has lots of military troops not only in Russia but also in the occupied territories of Crimea (south-eastern part of Ukraine), Donbass (eastern part of Ukraine), Transnistria (Moldova, close to southern parts of Ukraine) and now Belarus (close to north-western parts of Ukraine).

In the internet there are already some screens of people that offer to send migrants from Belarus to Ukraine through the Chernobyl area. This information is not confirmed but this plan sound similar to Russia, a country whose leaders have never cared about human lives. Meanwhile, in Ukraine the amount of people supporting the president of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky is decreasing fast and steadily. Since Zelensky's government has failed to order a sufficient amount of coal over the spring and summer and since the sanctions regarding Nord Stream 2 have been removed, there is a huge energetical and economical crisis in Ukraine which will only increase over winter. Russia might attempt to start an artificial revolution in Ukraine against Zelensky which will be a welcoming opportunity for Russia to fully annex Ukraine.

In my opinion, it is time for politicians around the world to learn that it is important to show more courage as there is no room for diplomacy when talking to murderers and criminals. Currently, the majority of people chooses comfort over fighting injustice. But this has to change, both in personal lives and in politics.

Edit: The Ministry of Defence of the UK has reacted to the situation at the border between Poland and Belarus:

View: https://twitter.com/DefenceHQPress/status/1459158907809669120

Last edited:

Antti

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 21, 2017
Finland

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Comically (because life is a tragic comedy), people suffer more when their lives are too easy rather than too hard.

"Adversity is sometimes hard upon a man; but for one man who can stand prosperity, there are a hundred that will stand adversity." -Thomas Carlyle

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
https://www.reuters.com/world/latvia-bans-unvaxinated-lawmakers-voting-docks-pay-2021-11-12/

How is this possible in any country let alone a European democracy?! I'm not anti-vax but this is just totally nuts and frightening.

Edit: the link doesn't work because forum software changes words related to C0VlD.

All the people who now have no representation... because part of the legislature just "voted" to outlaw the opposition party in the legislature. That's one country that has cleared the checklist... the list you make to identify the end of fair governance and rule of law.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I've been working through it for over a year. It's pretty good, the transition to the higher level steps sometimes need a few more "inbetween" stages than the book gives, but they're easy to work out / Google.

It's probably one of the best work out books around.
I got two different friends and ALL our kids doing it! It’s amazingly simple to implement! I’m so happy!

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
So.. the forum has been doing a thing for a while now but I haven’t said anything cuz, it really wasn’t a big deal. But umm.. when somebody links a video in the thread and I scroll past it, it automatically starts playing. This is slightly annoying but I almost always have my sound down anyway..

Chris Webby sounds like a nice guy.. good thing none of my kids were near me when I was scrolling. Lol.

I’m using an iPhone and my browser is safari.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
So.. the forum has been doing a thing for a while now but I haven’t said anything cuz, it really wasn’t a big deal. But umm.. when somebody links a video in the thread and I scroll past it, it automatically starts playing. This is slightly annoying but I almost always have my sound down anyway..

Chris Webby sounds like a nice guy.. good thing none of my kids were near me when I was scrolling. Lol.

I'm on Chrome. With uBlock Origin. This hasn't happened.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Happens to me too. Same set up. Don’t like it much lol.
Maybe it’s a glitch? Some setting for @MJ DeMarco to play with?

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
My proposed solution:

Don't use safari and use brave browser instead. Not only will you not get the annoying autoplay on videos here, but you'll also earn crypto currently worth more than USD and CAD.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I'm on Firefox, and this does not happen. My guess it is native to Safari, not the forum.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.