The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
Wait so they win $25k a year with the condition they must also commit to participating in a show in Vegas?

If that is the case, I wonder how frequent they have to perform that show?

Seems like winning could be a nightmare if I understand that correctly.

I think the payment for performance in LV is separate and in addition to the guaranteed 40 year thing. Also, you have a choice to get a lump sum day 1, but as a present value discounted over the 40 years. I was just reading a fine print on the TV screen and thinking - holy shit, here are some of the most talented people in the world, competing for a prize that’s not even honesty advertised. It’s not $1m, it’s more like $300k? It’s a F*cking joke.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for lunch."
My dad used to tell me “in an intellectual argument, the person who’s physically stronger is always right”.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I think the guy who wrote Relentless is going bankrupt.. his stadium training place was for sale last time I checked.

I loved the book but as a person who was INTENSELY curious to find out details of his training program.. I was willing to travel to him to learn from him at one point.. it became a nightmare trying to find info.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Recently in the Tokyo Paralympic Games, Ziyad Zolkefli, a Malaysian shot-putter won gold...only to have the Ukrainians complain that he was a few minutes late to the call room and should be disqualified.

As a result, he didn't get the medal AFTER he did the tourny and all...the gold and silver went to the Ukrainians:

Malaysian shot putter stripped of Paralympic gold after arriving three minutes late

While some folks have pointed out they should never had let Ziyad compete if he did miss the call room time (if they really stuck for the F*cking rules), the conspiracy-part of me thinks the Ukrainians arranged the shitshow to bag the win. The last time I've participated in competitions was in high school (Scrabble), but the last thing I would do was to nitpick at opponents' conduct unless they involved cheating (which didn't happen here).

Still, the shitshow on social media was pretty bad. Overnight, the Ukrainians' social media pages were swarmed by bazillions of toxicity and heckling.

Had me some thoughts:

1. If the conspiracy-shit and bias is true, then the Olympics is no longer a place where countries can unite to build up sportsmanship and goodwill...it is only a hotbed of political crap. But it probably has been, ever since the Games got used as a pseudo-war of strength between USA and Russia in the Cold War.

Any sane country would boycott the Olympics then, but combatting by sports is a lot more peaceful than combatting by bullets in a real war. We need some means to settle differences.

Another reason why I do not watch sports. In fact, I only got to know of this issue from my non-sports Telegram groups.

2. The Paralympics remind me of the Simon Cowell rejections of Lindsey Stirling in America's Got Talent. She got even more successful doing her own thing on YouTube.

If I were Ziyad, I'd start thinking of other para-competitions to put more attention on, or figure out business ventures to do better at, if the Paralympics wants to pull stupid things like this.

3. Spamming shitty comments, curses and toxicity at folks publicly is well...shitty.
Malaysians...is 500 more online comments insulting them for their disability and 'thievery' going to bring back the gold medal?

Do something more actionable for special needs folks, for Christ's sake! We don't even have that many wheelchair ramps or special teachers in the country, or even matured training and renumeration schemes for athletes- both normal and special needs. Don't wait for the bloody government to do it...have a trust fund of sorts and go for it.

I'm angry as well that poor Ziyad didn't get the win...but you Malaysians don't see Ziyad go on WWE brawls with the Ukrainians after it got announced. He just apologised humbly and peacefully. How much more for us?

I'm sure the Ukrainian athletes themselves just wanted to compete and do their best...but as for their own higher-ups, it remains dubious as to their real agenda in it all.

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
"I think every South Australian should feel pretty proud that we are the national pilot for the home-based quarantine app."

Remember when I said politicians are psychopaths a page or 2 ago? Yep.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I don't know who needs to hear this, but your F*ckups aren't nearly as bad as you think they are. Keep moving forward.

"An inability to take seriously for any length of time their enemies, their disasters, their misdeeds—that is the sign of the full strong natures who possess a superfluidity of moulding plastic force, that heals completely and produces forgetfulness" -Nietzsche

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
E-IWwYnXIAcIF5w

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Anybody on gab?

I use the same name there as I do here.

I’m tryna find cool ppl on that platform.

Superbia

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Oct 15, 2018
Alabama
I work 13 hours a day, for 20 a hour, 4 days a week. 3 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon. I’ve finally said enough, and i’m getting ready to switch jobs for i’ll have more and better time to exercise, spend time with friends, and have time to learn python.

I’m proud of myself.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I work 13 hours a day, for 20 a hour, 4 days a week. 3 in the morning till 4 in the afternoon. I’ve finally said enough, and i’m getting ready to switch jobs for i’ll have more and better time to exercise, spend time with friends, and have time to learn python.

I’m proud of myself.
Well done mate!

D

Deleted70138

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

"Good alibaba" LOL... I wonder if they just shook the CCP.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
90% sure it's algorithmic or just manual shock advertising.

Tony100

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 11, 2020
What has happened to journalism?

I bought a newspaper for the first time in ages yesterday. I wish I hadn't.

In the Daily Telegraph (a British right-leaning paper) yesterdays leading sports headline was
"Shock findings reveal scale of football's [Soccer's] covid crisis"

"Almost a third of EFL (English Football League) players have not been vaxinated against coronavirus and have no plans to get jabbed.
With fears growing that many ... are putting themselves, others and the integrity of the game at risk.
But football wants, and needs, a much higher take-up among players in order to limit the impact of any covid outbreak on them and the game itself.
[The EFL] has launched an education campaign designed to convince more football players to be vaxinated.
Van-Tam [Englands deputy chief medical officer/a government adviser] addressed the captain's of the 20 premier league clubs ... as part of a drive to encourage them and their team-mates to get jabbed... he addressed some of the myths around vaccination.
-------------------------------

The EFL covers 3 leagues, 72 clubs and around 2000 players. These are athletes in their youth at their peak level of fitness doing exercise all day. Hardly a vulnerable group.

If I were a journalist the first thing I would ask is 'how many EFL football players have died from covid?". None as far as I can research.

Secondly I would ask "What are the reasons for the football players refusing the vaccine?" In 549 words they don't interview a single unvaxinated player.

The whole article drones on about how much of a crisis this is, the football players need to be educated and to have myths addressed. Useless journalism. Free speech has been replaced with censorship. Education = Omitting counterevidence and counterarguments. It is a shame because this newspaper used to be a defender of free speech. I won't buy it again.

A 44 year old BBC radio presenter died in May 2021. It took 3 months for an inquest to conclude that she had died from vaccine complications.

Ms Dilks said Ms Shaw was previously fit and well but concluded that it was "clearly established" that her death was due to a very rare "vaccine-induced thrombotic thrombocytopenia", a condition which leads to swelling and bleeding of the brain.

Here in the UK any death is considered a covid death if it happened within 30 days of a positive test. Meanwhile, as above, it takes 3 months for us to label a death caused by a vaccine as a vaccine death. And that's for someone in the public eye. Maybe we should start labelling "vaccine death" for all deaths within 30 days of a jab. That might change the statistics.

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
"Should we hire photographers?"

"Nah B I got a camera on my phone"

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I'm suspicious of every idea that people cheer on.

If you think it's such a great idea, you can do it. I've even posted that I'm giving out website for free.
I don’t want to do it! I’m knee deep in writing course content to help people do a thing they don’t know how to do..

@Tubs where you at man? Get this dudes website. Make a phone and sell it to the conspiracy peeps!

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
I don’t want to do it! I’m knee deep in writing course content to help people do a thing they don’t know how to do..

@Tubs where you at man? Get this dudes website. Make a phone and sell it to the conspiracy peeps!
Lmao, could actually work tbh. I might even go for it if I weren't busy with something else atm. Maybe you should hop on that idea.

Man, I've been away for a while. How are things going with you @Primeperiwinkle?

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Lmao, could actually work tbh. I might even go for it if I weren't busy with something else atm. Maybe you should hop on that idea.

Man, I've been away for a while. How are things going with you @Primeperiwinkle?
So good! I’m in Spain with my love! I gained weight from being happy so now I’m doing keto amd tryna work out along with taking care of the kiddos and building a course. (That course thing is intimidating af tho so I’m a bit worried about it tbh) I’ve been studying tons of stuff and encouraging ppl and loving on my family and making friends and just.. praising God for the gift of this time and this man and this life which is so incomprehensibly better than I ever imagined it could be.

I’m glad you’re working hard!! But seriously build the phone too. You have more energy than us old ppl. Pm me any time man!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.