The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Oh, and Canada also passed the Bill which allows them to censor social media that they disagree with. I think it has to go through another layer of government to be 100% done. However, it passed through our MPs and Prime Minister with ease and that is frightening. They literally tried to paint anyone who disagreed with them as racists and said that they wanted a racist Canada.

Is this the same thing as what Simon Black recently talked about?

Canada plans to punish hate speech pre-crime

If passed, a bill in the Canadian legislature will punish online or in-person “hate speech” with a fine up to C$20,000 (about $16,000 USD) if it targets a specific person.

The law states that “hate speech means the content of a communication that expresses detestation or vilification of an individual or group of individuals on the basis of a prohibited ground of discrimination.”

Nice and vague, just the way they like it.

The law also allows the courts to intervene if a person fears they will be the target of a hatred motivated offense.

So basically it’s like pre-crime. If a potential victim feels that you might hate them, they can apply for what is essentially a restraining order. What’s more, the judge can demand that you surrender weapons, wear a GPS monitor, remain under house arrest, abstain from alcohol, and submit to drug tests.

This is all without being charged, let alone convicted, of any crime.

And anyone who does does not follow the orders faces a year in prison.

What does one do? I plan on voting with my wallet and leaving. I'm already setting it up to be gone 6 months a year, pilot starts this winter. Soon to increase that to 10 months I hope. I will return for mountains and summer lakes and that's it. Some small town can take some tourism dollars from me and the rest of the country can burn for all I care.

Where to?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
México for now.

I enjoy the lack of rules for now. Want to wear a helmet on a motorbike? Go ahead. Don't want to? Then don't.

Want to wear a mask by yourself in your car? Knock yourself out. Want to shop at a local market without one? I guess the vendor can kick you out if they want, or they can choose not to and accept your business.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I saw this recently:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2vKTbE7B88

The former president of Georgia talks about how he cut taxes, and slashed 70% of legislation.

In the face of all the government tyranny going on, it's nice to see that things can change for the better.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
I'm banned from gyms here in Italy because I'm not vaxinated.

xd

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Feb 26, 2016
you learn a lot about yourself when you get punched in the face

home gym

You don't need much either.

Squat rack. Pull up bar (a real one). Barbell and plates. Adjustable dumbells. Incline/Decline/Flat Bench. Olympic rings.

You're set.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Why does YouTube recommend these horseshit videos to me....

Oh...

1625358214191.png

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

xd
Time to move. Screw Italy and any other country like that. I hope the countries pulling crap like this lose all their productive citizens and they can go and rot in the cesspool that they are.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Went to sign up for TDAmeritrade for its paper trading account to practice theta options. Went to TD Singapore, as they don't have an office in Malaysia.

Good of them to enable online applications.

Filled in the details on the first page, clicked Submit...and nothing happened.
Removed my cookie-blocker. Nothing happened.
Tried using my phone to sign up. Website couldn't open.

Finally, I discovered the Malaysian SEC put TD on its investors alert list, because they cannot regulate it on the home turf- hence the internet blockage. But the Singapore SEC cleared TDAmeritrade, so what's the big problem???

As result, I have to install a VPN to trade...as if I'm a F*cking criminal.

Sometimes I don't know if the country is anti-business or just plain F*cking stupid.

EDIT: Will try Interactive Brokers after VPN didn't work
It also has paper trading, but from what I gleaned online, the controls aren't as extensive as TD's ThinkorSwim
And I'd need to pay an inactivity fee if I don't do any trades for the month.

The website that helped me do some comparisons:

EDIT 2: Tried to sign up via the TD Ameritrade app. Fails to display web page as well.
I get it Malaysia. You hate my money leaving your shores, don't ya?!

Last edited:

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
you learn a lot about yourself when you get punched in the face
I learned a lot last time I got intoxicated and my face met the asphalt. There is something about getting hurt in the face.

NCNY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2019
Time for a class action lawsuit.

Wonder if Scott Morrison will pay attention to this strike?

What vaccines are administered in your country? in my country (Israel) 70%+ of the population is vaccined, no deaths and the covid plummeted from 10,000 a day to 4 a day (now back to 300 a day because of the "delta" variant)

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
What vaccines are administered in your country? in my country (Israel) 70%+ of the population is vaccined, no deaths and the covid plummeted from 10,000 a day to 4 a day (now back to 300 a day because of the "delta" variant)

Pfizer and astrazenica.

Sorry mate, but there is a zero% chance that you have no deaths or adverse effects due to the vaccine.

How can you trust the information you are fed?

NCNY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2019
Pfizer and astrazenica.

Sorry mate, but there is a zero% chance that you have no deaths or adverse effects due to the vaccine.

How can you trust the information you are fed?
Better than trusting the facebook "experts" that usually also have the same ideas about 5g and what more... not saying the vaccine has no effects (more than 20+ people out of millions got heart inflamation).

trusting 0% of the information out there is the same is trusting 100%, both radical

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

“Living people might use digital replicas of themselves that email and chat with colleagues to get more work done, or to take over while they are on vacation, Mr. Burden says. It is easy to foresee that advancing further.”

Pretty damn cool :cool::thumbsup:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Went to sign up for TDAmeritrade for its paper trading account to practice theta options. Went to TD Singapore, as they don't have an office in Malaysia.

Good of them to enable online applications.

Filled in the details on the first page, clicked Submit...and nothing happened.
Removed my cookie-blocker. Nothing happened.
Tried using my phone to sign up. Website couldn't open.

Finally, I discovered the Malaysian SEC put TD on its investors alert list, because they cannot regulate it on the home turf- hence the internet blockage. But the Singapore SEC cleared TDAmeritrade, so what's the big problem???

As result, I have to install a VPN to trade...as if I'm a f*cking criminal.

Sometimes I don't know if the country is anti-business or just plain f*cking stupid.

EDIT: Will try Interactive Brokers after VPN didn't work
It also has paper trading, but from what I gleaned online, the controls aren't as extensive as TD's ThinkorSwim
And I'd need to pay an inactivity fee if I don't do any trades for the month.

The website that helped me do some comparisons:

EDIT 2: Tried to sign up via the TD Ameritrade app. Fails to display web page as well.
I get it Malaysia. You hate my money leaving your shores, don't ya?!
TD IS GREAT.

I really loathe traditional banks these days up there with airlines. They act like your money is their money.

When chase decided not to let me buy a midstream pipeline company, because I guess they don't like that, I was done.

For personal use, I moved a big load of my stuff to Ameritrade and have been blown away by the level of service and friendliness. They also have a checking style product as well if you like keeping your checking and investments together.

Use a VPN for everything anyway. Screw being followed around the internet and identified by a consistent IP address.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

This unfolded yesterday morning about 5 minutes from my house. One of the more bizarre stories I’ve read in a long while.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Better than trusting the facebook "experts" that usually also have the same ideas about 5g and what more... not saying the vaccine has no effects (more than 20+ people out of millions got heart inflamation).

trusting 0% of the information out there is the same is trusting 100%, both radical
Yeh I get that, but zero?

Common...

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
TD IS GREAT.

I really loathe traditional banks these days up there with airlines. They act like your money is their money.

When chase decided not to let me buy a midstream pipeline company, because I guess they don't like that, I was done.

For personal use, I moved a big load of my stuff to Ameritrade and have been blown away by the level of service and friendliness. They also have a checking style product as well if you like keeping your checking and investments together.

Use a VPN for everything anyway. Screw being followed around the internet and identified by a consistent IP address.
OK, managed to get through after removing ONE extra number from my phone number...o_O
Now I'll just have to get out my personal documents, sign them manually as instructed, and scan them back to submit. Very tedious, but well, at least they won't be letting in WSB folks who think deleting the trading app to escape margin calls is the best solution.

So it wasn't really a VPN problem. But I found ProtonVPN's free version to work OK, except for maybe heavy downloading.

ThinkorSwim is available, but I'll have delayed data until I put some money into the account (even though I'll be paper trading for the time being). So I'd better clear up the paperwork first!

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy

BlackSuperman

What Legacy Will You Leave Behind?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
The concept of cyberbullying is an absolute mess.

This is going to sound insensitive, but I believe I have the credibility to make this claim. (I was bullied from 5th grade all the way to Senior year in HS)

If someone is getting "cyberbullied" they are also getting "offline" bullied.

And if you're getting "offline" bullied it's for a reason. MAYBE not a good one (and sometimes it is a decent reason).

There are two options, but as kids it can be tough to understand that. Change who you are temporarily, in that environment....

Or stop giving a F*ck about being bullied by people you don't like.

Now an exception to this is if it escalates physically. Then, you either deal with it yourself physically (and come out woth a few scars) or suffer from possible mental humiliation and tell an adult (who more than likely won't do shit).

My point?
KIDS WILL BE KIDS!

Bullying isn't the worst thing in the world. I wouldn't be where I'm at if I wasn't bullied.

We don't need this " anti-cyberbulling" BS movement. Why?
Because there is no way to stop people from treating each other like shit. How can I say such an insensitive thing? Because racism, sexism, classism, homophobia, etc etc still exists.

If the world wants to fix "cyberbullying", then fix the above!

I do think that bring bullied does have it's merits. If a person is strong enough, then can rise out from the ashes a MUCH better person.

Just my 2 cents.

P.S. I agreebwith TylerTheCreator. If someone is just dealing with being cyberbullied... TURN OFF YOUR DAMN SCREEN!

Last edited:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria

xd
I got my vaccination as soon as possible.
Why?
Because I didn’t want to have that type of stress.
But I don't like to take the time for a gym.
When I want to train anything, I get the device for it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.