The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Of course there are solutions, I’m not saying climat change will end the world.

But climate change is real, the situation is critical, and the last thing to do is to minimize the problem.
Kind of getting into a very niche topic here, but I just want to say that unless you've researched the specific means by which climate is measured, there aren’t a lot of good ways to know that for sure. What I mean is that just because everyone says it on TV, doesn't make it true.

Heck, even having your grade school teachers say it's true doesn't make it true. It doesn't mean it's false either - it just means it requires a bit of your own research. And in the end, we are all kind of guessing unless we study it ourselves.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Now even climat change is a conspiracy? Sure, the fact that we build with no limits, waste everything and use resources like we live in paradise has no consequences at all.
And I’m curious, what’s the point of climat change conspiracy?
Why did we change from ‘global warming’ to ‘climate change’?

Look around and educate yourself. Neither of these were ever threats to the planet. They are a threat to your bank account and potential generational wealth.

Don’t be a sucker. Human caused warming of the planet is demonstrably false. Look and you shall see.

To be so arrogant as to think we pathetic humans have more effect on Earth than Earth does herself is asinine.

Don’t even get me started on the Sun.

Unless of course you think we humans are more powerful than the Sun. Hah.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

I think a lot of it is economically driven as there is a lot of money to be made off it. There is climate change but the direction is unclear. There a lot of models but the causation is ambiguous. It’s definitely a conflation of factors.

Remember the entities that run this planet are pretty much professional liars. They tend to mix up their intentions and agendas with hard to disprove theories. And theories that are partially true.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Why did we change from ‘global warming’ to ‘climate change’?

Look around and educate yourself. Neither of these were ever threats to the planet. They are a threat to your bank account and potential generational wealth.

Don’t be a sucker. Human caused warming of the planet is demonstrably false. Look and you shall see.

To be so arrogant as to think we pathetic humans have more effect on Earth than Earth does herself is asinine.

Don’t even get me started on the Sun.

Unless of course you think we humans are more powerful than the Sun. Hah.
I’m always like...

Earth once formed one giant continent called Pangea that is now totally unrecognizable, right?

The earth is millions of years old, right?

We’ve existed for a tiny fraction of the planet’s history...

We started measuring temperature change recently, and hadn’t even explored either poles until even more recently...

Yet we are to believe a minuscule average temperature difference over the last few decades is potentially cause for the world ending...?

We are barely a sneeze or a sniffle to this planet. A blip on the radar, so far.

(Not to mention mistaking erosion for sea level changes)

I don’t think almost anyone knows how the ice sheet samples are taken or measured to determine historical climates. Yet EVERYONE has an opinion on climate change.

It just doesn’t make sense, any of it.

Way too much media and politics.

I am not convinced that the world is going to end any time soon.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
I’m always like...

Earth once formed one giant continent called Pangea that is now totally unrecognizable, right?

The earth is millions of years old, right?

We’ve existed for a tiny fraction of the planet’s history...

We started measuring temperature change recently, and hadn’t even explored either poles until even more recently...

Yet we are to believe a minuscule average temperature difference over the last few decades is potentially cause for the world ending...?

We are barely a sneeze or a sniffle to this planet. A blip on the radar, so far.

(Not to mention mistaking erosion for sea level changes)

I don’t think almost anyone knows how the ice sheet samples are taken or measured to determine historical climates. Yet EVERYONE has an opinion on climate change.

It just doesn’t make sense, any of it.

Way too much media and politics.

I am not convinced that the world is going to end any time soon.
Arrogance.

That is all it is.

We dipshits supposedly know what the norm is for a planet that is supposedly 4,000,000,000 years old.

We are the anomaly, not the climate.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Now even climat change is a conspiracy? Sure, the fact that we build with no limits, waste everything and use resources like we live in paradise has no consequences at all.
Straw. Loathing “climate change” propaganda ≠ wasteful, polluting, heathen.

The reality: I love the market developing new, cool, renewable and cheaper solutions to our, actually real, energy crisis. I appreciate clean air, clean water, and living in a healthy environment. I’m just not a communist moron.

Of course there are solutions, I’m not saying climat change will end the world.

But climate change is real, the situation is critical, and the last thing to do is to minimize the problem.
Yes. It is “real” in the sense that it is a real tool for manipulating lemmings off of a cliff.

It, like COVID policy, is a fake science of communist convenience, perpetuated by corrupt politicians, parroted by bootlicking media, and believed by idiots that like to call people who don’t toe the line “conspiracy theorists,” designed to literally advance the state’s power and control over the individual.

Last edited:

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
More power concentrated in the hands of the government .

People think the government is the only thing that can salvage the environment.

So the government does what it does best. Toss money into the bottomless pit called "government programs". Money it stole from its citizens through its monopolistic power.

The results? Higher taxes. More control on the population. Less freedom to do anything. Somehow we went from "the Ice Age is coming" 50 years ago to "we are all going to die in 20 years because the planet is heating up".

Check out this article, and the image I attached for more information.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Feb 26, 2016
Yes. It is “real” in the sense that it is a real tool for manipulating lemmings off of a cliff.

It, like COVID policy, is a fake science of communist convenience, perpetuated by corrupt politicians, parroted by bootlicking media, and believed by idiots that like to call people who don’t toe the line “conspiracy theorists,” to literally advance the state’s power and control over the individual.

5WlhjdH.gif

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
If you're trying to find a specific part of a YouTube video that you watched previously, you can click the 3 dots, click "Open Transcript", then you can search the full subtitles list for what you're looking for and match it up with the time stamp.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

It's a cliche joke to make fun of an American who orders the following at a fast food restaurant:
"Cheeseburger, fries, and a diet coke"
with the joke being that the diet coke isn't worth it.

But honestly, diet coke saves you 150-200 calories over regular coke. Water is better, but I mean, 0 cals vs 150...

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I don't know who needs to hear this, but take what you want out of life, not just what you think you can have.

Not every life is worth living.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Anyone has effective ways to free up iPhone storage?

I've done the following:
1. Deleted a SHIT-TON of photos and videos (even from the Deleted section)
2. Deleted a couple of old apps
3. Checked the iPhone storage analytics under General and saw most of the storage was taken up by WhatsApp

Deleted some old chats, cleared a group chat, but don't want to do any more deleting...
Besides, they only dropped a few GB.

From a Reddit post, some folks claim you could delete the app (eg Facebook) and then redownload it to find it at a much smaller size on the phone.

Is that legit? How should I go about it?
It's getting F*cking irritating to happily do some work on my phone, only to get rudely interrupted by a 'low space' notification.

Thanks.

EDIT: Makes me want a John Galt phone with unlimited data storage. All this limitation just makes me feel at the mercy of the tech giants...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

I've done the following:
3. Checked the iPhone storage analytics under General and saw most of the storage was taken up by WhatsApp

Deleted some old chats, cleared a group chat, but don't want to do any more deleting...

From a Reddit post, some folks claim you could delete the app (eg Facebook) and then redownload it to find it at a much smaller size on the phone.

It's getting f*cking irritating to happily do some work on my phone, only to get rudely interrupted by a 'low space' notification.

Thanks.

EDIT: Makes me want a John Galt phone with unlimited data storage. All this limitation just makes me feel at the mercy of the tech giants...
I know it’s big brother, but I use Google photos to store all my pictures and videos. That helped a lot.

Also set messages to self delete after 30 days.

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Any webscrapers here that can share resources with dealing with the bottlenecks imposed by captchas?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I've done the following:

It's getting f*cking irritating to happily do some work on my phone, only to get rudely interrupted by a 'low space' notification.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure these pop-ups are bullshit marketing attempts to get you on their Cloud Subscription service.

Apple is one of my least favorite companies, but I still use their products.

@Kak pointed out on his podcast that when that happens, it means the product must be REALLY good.

He's right.

Mario_fastlaner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 1, 2019
Milano
I understand your points, yes maybe a climate change emergency would limit our freedom.

Nonetheless I think that in the last 2 centuries we have lived in a sort of bubble, we consumed and lived as if there was unlimited resources.

@Thoelt53 @thechosen1 do you think we have small influence on earth? In Italy (I don’t know elsewhere) we have built over 7% of the territory. How’s such a percentage a small influence? The world won’t end, but we will.

I’m afraid that you guys (from the moment that you are entrepreneurs) don’t want to face the reality because this crisis would damage especially entrepreneurs. I’m talking about transport/travel industries (and as a consequence for example lots of drop shipping businesses) or meat consumption industry just to make 2 examples.

Don’t know, maybe I’m wrong. I hope I’m wrong but this unlimited capitalistic model just seems to me unsustainable.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
I stumbled upon the Personal CRM software niche earlier today.

Does anyone use a personal CRM? Either DIY with tools like AirTable and Notion, or an app to manage relationships?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
I stumbled upon the Personal CRM software niche earlier today.

Does anyone use a personal CRM? Either DIY with tools like AirTable and Notion, or an app to manage relationships?
tried Notion but it was too much time requirement to master it and design it for my needs. Some people swear by it.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I'm pretty sure these pop-ups are bullshit marketing attempts to get you on their Cloud Subscription service.

Apple is one of my least favorite companies, but I still use their products.

@Kak pointed out on his podcast that when that happens, it means the product must be REALLY good.

He's right.
For my part, it specifically mentions 'low disk space'. I do have 'your iCloud storage is low' reminders now and then, but they only matter if you want to keep backing up.

I currently use iExplorer as a third-party data backup, but I don't plug in often.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Just wanna point out a big disconnect between people who think big and those who think small:

Small minded people see a billionaire or a pro athlete or elite musician and think they were lucky or talented.

Big thinkers think of the effort and dedication... and imagine the incredible heights they could achieve if they committed their whole lives to something.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

For instance,

when I watch the Olympic finals, I don’t see a race.

I see a gallery displaying years of consistency, attention to detail, and dogged commitment to excellence.

The winner didn’t win the race. They won the years.

They beat the competition every day for a very, very long time and then they all showed up in a condition and at a skill level nobody else at that moment was close to.

No. The man on top of the mountain did not fall there.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I now call bullshit on all of this vaccine and covid crap.

The inventor of the MRNA vaccine has come out and said they are not safe and guess what they are doing now?
Censorship isn't enough now. No No NO!
They are literally rewriting history itself. He was listed as the MRNA inventor on Wikipedia only to be taken off.
His Linkedin has been shut down etc.

Toe the line or else.

This is his Twitter

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

The insanity has gone worldwide...

The only sane countries left (the ones that didn't sign):

Ireland, Estonia, Hungary, Peru, Barbados, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sri Lanka, Nigeria and Kenya.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

The insanity has gone worldwide...

The only sane countries left (the ones that didn't sign):

Ireland, Estonia, Hungary, Peru, Barbados, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sri Lanka, Nigeria and Kenya.
The USA hiked the world’s taxes now. :rofl:

With 4th of July, “Independence Day,” basically here, this is just ironic.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.