The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
What about the mid to long term effect of mRNA vaccines?
I stacked chance for the long term effects of getting ill vs chance of getting something bad from vaccine.
I was posting this before but going through covid can permanently damage lungs (at least that's what I've heard).

Out of two bad choices i made one.
I don't think there are enough credible statistics to make quantification
and educated decision.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
It is shit like this that makes me want to volunteer for one-way Space missions
You aren’t kidding. That would work. But knowing the world, someone would force you into a mask on another planet. Nonsense.

The perpetual sailboat life appeals to a Bob Dylanesqye, “why do I bother to give a F*ck?,” side of me.

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
You aren’t kidding. That would work. But knowing the world, someone would force you into a mask on another planet. Nonsense.

The perpetual sailboat life appeals to a Bob Dylanesqye, “why do I bother to give a f*ck?,” side of me.

Coronavirus can stay on the surface of Mars for up to 48 hours. Sneeze into your Spacesuit. Even though I'm 33.9 million miles away from anyone else, it's important to keep a 2 meter distance #StaySafeSaveLives

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
D

Deleted78083

I hate instragram. I'll never use it for marketing.

TikTok on the other hand, I think that is possibly the biggest marketing opportunity, at least for personal brands. Youtube is always a favorite of mine, except their recent practices are making people think twice about using them.

If you promote your own IG story to girls in your area, they come talk to you and it's even better than Tinder lmao

G

Guest-5ty5s4

There are lots of personalities you can find who have gotten rich independently from real estate (i.e. without creating a fund of other investors) and using bank loans.

Anyone similar for stocks? All I've ever seen are fund managers who take other investors' $$$.

Mathuin

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
There are lots of personalities you can find who have gotten rich independently from real estate (i.e. without creating a fund of other investors) and using bank loans.

Anyone similar for stocks? All I've ever seen are fund managers who take other investors' $$$.

Jesse Livermore, u/DeepFuckingValue - two extreme examples

Probably not many though due to generally low stock market returns, hence why they need OPM for their position sizes to make those small gains worth their time.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Yes. Definitely. But you’re playing a different game today. Everyone is an “investor” now and everyone thinks they are smart money. I have had stocks get wonderful news and go down. I have had stocks get horrible news and go up. This market is nuts.

That said, the real question is: Why limit yourself? If you provide value to yourself, why not sell it to others as well? More resources coming in means you can afford more resources that further divorce your time from your income. More money = more freedom.

My 9 figure RE mentor has never taken outside money besides the bank loans. I believe, with his track record, a fund would make him wealthier, with less work. The problem is, like so many other small business owners, they don’t believe the less work part.

The reality is, every company out there that’s bigger than him is proof that I’m right. The notion that the CEO of (insert big a$$ reit) “somehow crams more in a day than them” is the wrong mentality.

Sure, they have more hours worked in their name per day, but they live the same 24 hour day as anyone else.

Here’s to hoping I can talk him into a fund at some point. I’d love to raise money for him, it would be nuts.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Yes. Definitely. But you’re playing a different game today. Everyone is an “investor” now and everyone thinks they are smart money. I have had stocks get wonderful news and go down. I have had stocks get horrible news and go up. This market is nuts.

That said, the real question is: Why limit yourself? If you provide value to yourself, why not sell it to others as well? More resources coming in means you can afford more resources that further divorce your time from your income. More money = more freedom.

My 9 figure RE mentor has never taken outside money besides the bank loans. I believe, with his track record, a fund would make him wealthier, with less work. The problem is, like so many other small business owners, they don’t believe the less work part.

The reality is, every company out there that’s bigger than him is proof that I’m right. The notion that the CEO of (insert big a$$ reit) “somehow crams more in a day than them” is the wrong mentality.

Sure, they have more hours worked in their name per day, but they live the same 24 hour day as anyone else.

Here’s to hoping I can talk him into a fund at some point. I’d love to raise money for him, it would be nuts.
I agree honestly. I am limiting myself.

I guess I have always told myself I’m just not the right kind of person to “raise” money from investors - a silly thing to think.

Or I thought it was dishonest to make money by AUM rather than real performance - but that is also a silly limiting belief!

Wanna start a fund? I have ideas ;)

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
There are people out there whose highest aspirations are to push people around them to be better and to celebrate their victories with them.

If you aren't surrounding yourself with people like that, ask yourself why.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I'm getting so f*cking tired of people. It's not even funny anymore.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
What happened?
Just personal sh*t. I'm here trying to close a 7 figure exit at 26 which is stressful in itself, while the people around me seem to care more about having arguments with each other creating a negative net that just drains the living soul out of you. Can't even focus.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
@MoneyDoc
You may need better people around you. In the absence of that, get a good book.

NCNY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Mar 26, 2019
It probably doesn't need another thread but I think many will find it useful:

View attachment 37962
Regarding the first finding, people can hate facebook but its a money making machine, just look at the Q1 2021 earnings : "The company reported revenue of $26.17 billion for the quarter, which was up 48% compared with a year prior. Facebook’s net income grew 94% to $9.5 billion, from $4.9 billion a year prior."
Facebook revenue rises 48%, driven by higher-priced ads.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
D

Deleted78083

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Mindless losers on display for all.

View attachment 37976
I'm about to do... let's see... half of these in the next couple of weeks?

Flying to my buddy's wedding in Amarillo, selling at a market / trade show, been going to restaurants like normal with nobody wearing masks... Haven't heard of or seen any huge repercussions from any of this in a longggggg time.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
If you live in the states - go buy gas and groceries today.

Several states got hit with gas shortages, primarily North Carolina, but given how interconnected the national supply channel is, this will likely affect other states soon.

This will interrupt various supply chains, so make sure that you have grabbed extra food too.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
If you live in the states - go buy gas and groceries today.

Several states got hit with gas shortages, primarily North Carolina, but given how interconnected the national supply channel is, this will likely affect other states soon.

This will interrupt various supply chains, so make sure that you have grabbed extra food too.
Meh, I could use a diet. :rofl:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Mindless losers on display for all.

View attachment 37976

After you've met enough people, you start to feel as though you've met the same person again and again, and you realize that you can comfortably put people into buckets for their psychological profiles.

Some people just get off on following rules and they try to make other people follow all of the same rules, regardless of the merit of said rules.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Hot take that might put me on the naughty list...

I keep hearing about “Asian hate,” but I haven’t seen any or heard any, and I am friends with a lot of deep southern folk who voted for Trump.

What I think could be going on is this is being used to distract from legitimate criticism of the CCP, the Chinese government, which has been accused of genocide, as well as being the epicenter of the coronavirus.

It’s nothing to do with the people, but everything to do with the government.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.