The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I’m really not sure what else to say. MJ pegged you when he said you only think and debate within your box.
You're right. I only want to debate within a box. If someone comes in saying that crystals heal anal cancer and their proof is some shit about vibrations and misreading of quantum spookiness than I don't really care. It's a waste of my time. I am fully within my rights to not give a F*ck.

I fully support your right to say whatever you want. But I also support my right to call out what I perceive to be bullshit.

I've never tried to take away anyones right to say anything. I simply exercise my right to call out bullshit.

I don't care about what someone argues, it's how they argue. I adhere to the norms of philosophy (formal and informal fallacies, etc.) and I have no interest in arguments that don't adhere to that framework.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Bill Gates is planning to use vaccines for population control [1]

Citations:

[1] - Bro, just trust me
MSM told me Bill Gates is a humanitarian philanthropist who wants a vast reduction in human population. I totes agree with him. He like used to be the richest man ever and like he obviously knows everything. He’s like super knowledgeable about healthcare, virology, epidemiology, vaccines and operating systems.

I’ve never gotten a virus on my super secure Windows system and so I totally trust him when he tells me we all need the COVID vaccine. He’s like an antivirus god.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
You're right. I only want to debate within a box. If someone comes in saying that crystals heal anal cancer and their proof is some shit about vibrations and misreading of quantum spookiness than I don't really care. It's a waste of my time. I am fully within my rights to not give a F*ck.

I fully support your right to say whatever you want. But I also support my right to call out what I perceive to be bullshit.

I've never tried to take away anyones right to say anything. I simply exercise my right to call out bullshit.

I don't care about what someone argues, it's how they argue. I adhere to the norms of philosophy (formal and informal fallacies, etc.) and I have no interest in arguments that don't adhere to that framework.
Boy you pick some sweet a$$ cherries. Delicious.

And straw. My goats love some sweet a$$ straw.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

I cited historical fact. Without links. Hang me. Look it up your lazy-a$$ self because I know if I don’t cite every sentence I write for you, it’s tinfoil hat-wearing drivel.

Not sure what the F*ck you’re smoking here, but okay. I guess you sound smart.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

Care to quote my mentioning of crystals, anal cancer and vibrations?

You can’t.

Nice pathetic attempt at discrediting an argument against your bullshit boxed-in narrative.

I used to respect you.

But you’ve proven to be total loser who can’t debate worth a shit.

You should probably drop this topic before forum members, far more eloquent than myself, bury you in absolute humiliation.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I cited historical fact. Without links. Hang me. Look it up your lazy-a$$ self because I know if I don’t cite every sentence I write for you, it’s tinfoil hat-wearing drivel.

Not sure what the F*ck you’re smoking here, but okay. I guess you sound smart.
Will you relax? lol. I'm not even attacking you. I'm not referring at all to what you wrote in your last post. I'm referring to still in the thread like "Bill Gates population control" theories and logical backflips regarding the models (and I don't want to get into this again.)

Citations are only necessary for claims that are likely to be questioned. I'm trained in the academic sciences and we have an exact set of rules and norms we follow that have proven over the course of history to be the best system for arriving at truth. This stuff isn't arbitrary or some intellectual superiority show.

I don't even care that much about debating this.. I just keep getting tagged.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Will you relax? lol. I'm not even attacking you. I'm not referring at all to what you wrote in your last post. I'm referring to still in the thread like "Bill Gates population control" theories and logical backflips regarding the models (and I don't want to get into this again.)

Citations are only necessary for claims that are likely to be questioned. I'm trained in the academic sciences and we have an exact set of rules and norms we follow that have proven over the course of history to be the best system for arriving at truth. This stuff isn't arbitrary or some intellectual superiority show.

I don't even care that much about debating this.. I just keep getting tagged.
Blah blah.

Keep saving face.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Dude seriously you need to relax lol.

There are a set of rules that academics adhere to when trying to arrive at truth. There are valid and invalid arguments.

I don't care what you argue, as long as you put together a coherent argument.

It’s not some sense of intellectual superiority. There is a system philosophers have developed over centuries for coming to correct information.

I’m trained in making academic arguments. Academia has a set of norms that have been developed over years that have proven time and time again to be a very good method for ascertaining truth. We all agree to these Epistemological norms because we feel they’re a valid way to come to truth.

If you don't follow the norms it just becomes a shitshow of people saying whatever they want to support whatever position they want. Like if you're writing a scientific paper you need to actually prove your claims if they're potentially controversial. And you do this by citing whatever you're talking about.

If you want to understand them, there are courses on it or, believe it or not Wikipedia's guideline pages has great resources on writing verifiable content. They adhere to the same guidelines that the scientific community does, and their policy pages are actually very good.

And before someone makes ad hominem attacks on Wikipedia most studies find it to be "remarkably accurate" [CITATION FOR THIS CLAIM]

I'm saying this because you seem to think my system is arbitrary and I'm making it up as I go along, and I'm not.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
if you want to continue this it’s probably best to do so via message or start a new thread because we’re just spamming up this one.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Dude seriously you need to relax lol.

There are a set of rules that academics adhere to when trying to arrive at truth. There are valid and invalid arguments.

I don't care what you argue, as long as you put together a coherent argument.

It’s not some sense of intellectual superiority. There is a system philosophers have developed over centuries for coming to correct information.

I’m trained in making academic arguments. Academia has a set of norms that have been developed over years that have proven time and time again to be a very good method for ascertaining truth. We all agree to these Epistemological norms because we feel they’re a valid way to come to truth.

If you don't follow the norms it just becomes a shitshow of people saying whatever they want to support whatever position they want. Like if you're writing a scientific paper you need to actually prove your claims if they're potentially controversial. And you do this by citing whatever you're talking about.

If you want to understand them, there are courses on it or, believe it or not Wikipedia's guideline pages has great resources on writing verifiable content. They adhere to the same guidelines that the scientific community does, and their policy pages are actually very good.

And before someone makes ad hominem attacks on Wikipedia most studies find it to be "remarkably accurate" [CITATION FOR THIS CLAIM]

I'm saying this because you seem to think my system is arbitrary and I'm making it up as I go along, and I'm not.
Dispute my argument pertaining historical fact.

We can continue from there.

I’m not going to debate you via posting links to citations. That’s bogus. It’s one thing to post links to pieces to introduce an idea, but if we’re going to debate, it’s important that we form our own arguments. If I wanted to debate your citations, I would do so with the author of said citation.

Come to your own opinions and form them in a coherent argument. Your arguments consist of links to citations and paragraphs of demeaning nonsense.

Demeaning nonsense is not debate, no matter how many citations are included.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Bill Gates is planning to use vaccines for population control [1]

Citations:

[1] - Bro, just trust me
I am a big believer of academic training and how they analyse things.

But it also doesn’t mean one should not exercise common sense and choose to believe, with a probabilistic sense, that certain conspiracies are more than likely to be correct, not in the details but in the DIRECTION.

In the 70s population control was the mainstream consensus. It very much affected Asia (where I live) by influencing major population policies-which are totally refuted today..China had a one child policy. Singapore (my country) adopted a two-at two birth encourage policy.

In 2015 I think Obama said if China had her 1.4 billion population adopting the developed world way of using energy the earth might not be able to take it.

There have been worldwide lowering of sperm count and testosterone in young men today and couples finding it harder to have children. Infertility a real issue.

And right now we have a virus that targets old people...

I am not a judge in court. I am like trader placing my bets...I rather bet that all these are not a coincidence if there is a chance to bet with my own money.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I am a big believer of academic training and how they analyse things.

But it also doesn’t mean one should not exercise common sense and choose to believe, with a probabilistic sense, that certain conspiracies are more than likely to be correct, not in the details but in the DIRECTION.

In the 70s population control was the mainstream consensus. It very much affected Asia (where I live) by influencing major population policies-which are totally refuted today..China had a one child policy. Singapore (my country) adopted a two-at two birth encourage policy.

In 2015 I think Obama said if China had her 1.4 billion population adopting the developed world way of using energy the earth might not be able to take it.

There have been worldwide lowering of sperm count and testosterone in young men today and couples finding it harder to have children. Infertility a real issue.

And right now we have a virus that targets old people...

I am not a judge in court. I am like trader placing my bets...I rather bet that all these are not a coincidence if there is a chance to bet with my own money.
Okay.

Just do me a favor, if we're going to continue this topic let's do it over here:

This thread is for people to post random memes and stuff and I'm sure most of these people don't want notifications from this discussion.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
This thread is for people to post random memes and stuff and I'm sure most of these people don't want notifications fr

I’m pretty sure everybody’s just having a nice day golfing or cuddling their loved ones or working out or.. I dunno.. doing anything besides arguing online. No worries. You don’t get notifications for ppl or threads you’ve ignored.

(I’m here because I’m clearly a masochist. Oy.)

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I’m pretty sure everybody’s just having a nice day golfing or cuddling their loved ones or working out or.. I dunno.. doing anything besides arguing online. No worries. You don’t get notifications for ppl or threads you’ve ignored.

(I’m here because I’m clearly a masochist. Oy.)
Yea well that’s easy to say when you’re not getting 40,000 notifications or everyone and their moms wanting to have philosophical debates with you. I think I have to figure out how to turn off the email replies.

CBE27886-9895-4300-B75E-F7879A5C8FF3.png

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Yea well that’s easy to say when you’re not getting 40,000 notifications or everyone and their moms wanting to have philosophical debates with you. I think I have to figure out how to turn off the email replies.

It must feel overwhelming. I don’t know how you deal with all the popularity.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Care to quote my mentioning of crystals, anal cancer and vibrations?

You can’t.

Nice pathetic attempt at discrediting an argument against your bullshit boxed-in narrative.

I used to respect you.

But you’ve proven to be total loser who can’t debate worth a shit.

You should probably drop this topic before forum members, far more eloquent than myself, bury you in absolute humiliation.

You are one of the few that continues to feed the troll.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I came across the 1% rule in internet culture recently. Just one more part of life where you can be elite simply by virtue of not being a spectator.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
saw this on facebook.......uh??????????

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
saw this on facebook.......uh??????????

Still alarming, but this predated the coronavirus.

And while I have no interest in going down the anti-vaxx rabbit hole, it is foolish to assume that everyone should be vaxinated. Anyone who has seen a pharma commercial has seen a solid 10-30 seconds of quickly read side effects, and vaccines are just another type of pharmaceutical product. Some unfortunate people will be worse off for having used them.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
View attachment 33157

Still alarming, but this predated the coronavirus.

And while I have no interest in going down the anti-vaxx rabbit hole, it is foolish to assume that everyone should be vaxinated. Anyone who has seen a pharma commercial has seen a solid 10-30 seconds of quickly read side effects, and vaccines are just another type of pharmaceutical product. Some unfortunate people will be worse off for having used them.

ah lol didn't notice the date

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

I've got faith in you mate. I'm sure you'll figure it out. ;)

But just in case here is a little hint for you:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I've got faith in you mate. I'm sure you'll figure it out. ;)

But just in case here is a little hint for you:

View attachment 33158
I turned them all off in the settings twice but they seem to still creep through

But alas:

I think maybe they still come through when someone tags you or replies directly to a comment. I'll probably just set up an email filter.

Antti

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 21, 2017
Finland
I turned them all off in the settings twice but they seem to still creep through

View attachment 33161

But alas:

View attachment 33162

I think maybe they still come through when someone tags you or replies directly to a comment. I'll probably just set up an email filter.

I think those settings are preference for future but they will not retroactively change old settings. I think you have to go to your watched threads and turn off the notification emails from there.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
So my previous post about the water, I went for a run today in the rain, oh man. Absolutely beautiful, I'm lucky to be in Canada, to think other people don't have clean water is mind blowing.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I'm officially an old man.......

Went to get a pizza yesterday, vibing at life. When some group of teen girls and boy asked me to bootleg some booze for them.......ahhh

I couldn't help but laugh and smile the whole time, kids these days.. Yeh I walked away, lots of trouble!

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I'm officially an old man.......

Went to get a pizza yesterday, vibing at life. When some group of teen girls and boy asked me to bootleg some booze for them.......ahhh

I couldn't help but laugh and smile the whole time, kids these days.. Yeh I walked away, lots of trouble!
Lol, nothing changes. I remember being a kid asking people to buy booze. I'm not sure how I'd respond if someone asked me today.

D

Deleted78083

Weighing pros and cons of buying a dslr camera to take good and affordable pics of people for resumes and online dating profiles. Also i could sell my pics online and am looking for a new hobby anyway.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
SpaceX launching astronauts into space for the first time in over a decade. Livestream:

Edit: Looks like it might be delayed until Saturday :(

WabiSabi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 2, 2019
Katy, Texas
eh... call me a hater but I think space "exploration" is a colossal waste of time and money.

Most of what SpaceX does is send satellites so world governments can spy on each other. Mars sounds like bragging rights more than anything else.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.