The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
You guys remember Victor Pride who made Bold and Determined? I guess he had a mental breakdown and became a fundamentalist Christian. He deleted all his articles and says he's not selling two of his books because they're "satanic and occultist."

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
For anyone needing motivation:

girls need more role models like this

the idea of worshiping celebritys like bad bhadie or kardashian is absolute insanity

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
You guys remember Victor Pride who made Bold and Determined? I guess he had a mental breakdown and became a fundamentalist Christian. He deleted all his articles and says he's not selling two of his books because they're "satanic and occultist."

The lead singer of Korn, Brian Welch, went Jesus crazy too a while back.. he still seems cool. Here are some of his thoughts about Kanye West turning Christian.

point is.. sometimes radical change makes you act a bit .. strange. Lol.
View: https://youtu.be/W_2QwBBYW8g

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
D

Deleted78083

Why don't dropshipping suppliers make their own websites and sell their own goods like dropshippers? They'd make much more money, no?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Would it be a wise idea to offload my rejected products to a customer for free? It's a one time use type product and there's just a few imperfections. Not sure if that's ''professional'' or not.

Thoughts? Or just hand them out for free to other prospects, perhaps a mixture of both?

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Would it be a wise idea to offload my rejected products to a customer for free? It's a one time use type product and there's just a few imperfections. Not sure if that's ''professional'' or not.

Thoughts? Or just hand them out for free to other prospects, perhaps a mixture of both?
Make internet giveaway to promote your site.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
How do you feel when you are an internet marketer who knows the drills and a big dog marketer says get this easily "digital" but instead "FREE" just pay for shipping. :)

Become an affiliate? :)

Check your inbox...many do.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois

“If people do not listen and stay indoors, we will be forced to implement a 24-hour curfew,” said K Chandrashekar Rao. “If people continue to be on the streets, then the army has to be called out and shoot on sight orders may be issued.”

Woah. Is this not a blatant example of a country turning on its citizens? Imagine if the context changed, and there was no "scary invisible monster" to be afraid of, and instead we were in a time of peace. There would be a war brewing.

And god forbid anything like this were to be implemented in a country with millions of armed citizens like america.

I'm not sure if this ACTUALLY would be enforced, but to even say the military will shoot its own citizens on sight for being outside. Jeez.

I think what they're doing around me (In chicago and it's suburbs), which is shutting down parks, is a bit excessive even.

Crazy how a little fear will change what we let happen.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

I was wondering if he got hacked or something.

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
I was wondering if he got hacked or something.

http://legendsofmen.com/2020/03/why-internet-figures-are-turning-to-god-roosh-v-and-victor-pride/

I don't follow him, and I didn't even know who he was until 5 min ago, but I found this

Edit: a few other people I follow have gone a similar way, making a sudden, drastic change. Alex Becker being one of them, where he owned a 2 million dollar house in dallas, had a lambo and looked like he was living the life.

Now he lives in a 2 bed apartment in Austin and sold most of his possessions. This is just another example of finding a strong, meaningful purpose in life.

Last edited:

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
http://legendsofmen.com/2020/03/why-internet-figures-are-turning-to-god-roosh-v-and-victor-pride/

I don't follow him, and I didn't even know who he was until 5 min ago, but I found this

Edit: a few other people I follow have gone a similar way, making a sudden, drastic change. Alex Becker being one of them, where he owned a 2 million dollar house in dallas, had a lambo and looked like he was living the life.

Now he lives in a 2 bed apartment in Austin and sold most of his possessions. This is just another example of finding a strong, meaningful purpose in life.

That's just weird.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
just found this random cool video

goes with my philosophy.. if you want something, you usually just have to ask

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
just found this random cool video

goes with my philosophy.. if you want something, you usually just have to ask

I like people that do stuff like that. It's way more interesting to have a flag sent to you from a foreign country than to buy one on Amazon. Then it's a story rather than a piece of cloth.

Great video. Thank you for posting.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
On a bright side:
People are at home, scrolling net and finding out how great is to do the job in their pajamas.
It's Unscripted boost from the least expected place.

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
I really dislike managing people. At my current slowlane I was "promoted" (quotes because I have a ton more responsibility but no more pay) and now have to manage 4 people. I hate it so much. I hate having to rely on other people to get things done, and then they do it differently and not at the same level that I would.

It concerns me that if I ever did get off my butt and start something, I would have to eventually worry about VAs/Subs/Employees and I'll be back here again.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Why don't dropshipping suppliers make their own websites and sell their own goods like dropshippers? They'd make much more money, no?
That would be too much work (or so they think)
Here is the math for a fictional product:
Men's belt - hypothetically, you can sell this belt for $50 due to it's sheer awesomeness.
The Manufacturer's cost if he makes one at a time: $12.50 - selling for $50.00 each
The Manufacturer's cost if he makes 100 at a time: $11.50 (he invests in a bit of machinery, does 10 pcs of each size every time he starts up) - selling for $23.00 each
The Manufacturer's cost if he makes 10,000 at a time $6.00 ea (he invests in $millions$ of dollars in machinery to automate the whole thing, all he needs to do is make sure raw goods are dumped into the correct bins, all the orders are processed and packed without him needing to see the end product (unless he checks one for quality) and gets shipped out in skid lots to large distribution centers) selling for $12.00 each

time per transaction (s):
$50 belt - direct to retail - needs to punch in information into computer, take credit card, and mail, and manufacture each one by hand. Tools: Hammer, punch, sewing machine, + time.
100 belts/time: sells 4 belts per transaction, needs a helper. sells 8 belts per transaction, can do it himself.
10,000 belts/time: sells 1,000 belts per transaction, takes the same amount of time to transact (in reality, it takes less time to sell 1,000 belts in one transaction than it does to sell one belt in a transaction, because if you're selling 1,000 belts to a customer, that means he knows what he is getting and knows how to efficiently place his order (probably via web portal or fax machine or email)
Math (per day)
c=cost
tc=total cost
sp=sale price
ts=total sales
p=profit (before taxes)
10 belts/day: c=12.50, tc=125, sp=50, ts=500, p=$375
100 belts/day: c=11.50, tc=1150, sp=23, ts=2300, p=$1150
10,000 belts/day: c=6, tc=60,000, sp=12, ts=120,000, p=$120,000

Now: he can sell 10,000 belts/day, maybe hiring one or two very competent workers... or he could sell 10 belts per day, by himself, for a higher price, right in front of the customer. Or, he could employ 20 employees to sell belts on his state-of-the-are website, and have to deal with all the customers/employees.

What is the difference between the man selling 10 belts a day and the man selling 10,000 belts per day?? the man selling 10 belts per day loves to interact with his customers, he does not care if he makes only $375 for his day's work, he is happy because he got to make other people happy.
The man selling 10,000 belts per day does not love to talk with people as much as he likes to make $$$$, therefore, he is the one that will avoid talking with people if he can (he's not a people person) and is therefore happy to sell 10,000 belts for a measly $120,000 profit (he doesn't feel like he needs to make more than that, he is happy with that)

Now, every once in a while a young "whipper-snapper" comes along and says he wants to sell 10,000 belts a day, at the $50 price tag. However, in order to do that, he needs two things: a lot of money (to set up equipment) and, a lot of time (often buying time from sales teams). Which route would you take? I would love to hear your comments on this.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I really dislike managing people. At my current slowlane I was "promoted" (quotes because I have a ton more responsibility but no more pay) and now have to manage 4 people. I hate it so much. I hate having to rely on other people to get things done, and then they do it differently and not at the same level that I would.

It concerns me that if I ever did get off my butt and start something, I would have to eventually worry about VAs/Subs/Employees and I'll be back here again.

Your learning on someone else’s dime, don’t waste it by being negative. You have to figure out how to make it work, how to accept people won’t perform at your level, how to be a Leader. It’s better to learn these skills working for someone else, than “start something”, not have the skills and not capitalize on your own venture. It’s people management, not rocket science.
Don’t take this the wrong way I’m not trying to have a dig at you, just want to encourage you to make the most of this opportunity.

And don’t worry if they don’t pay you more for it, what you’ll learn through this period, you’ll make a lot more money for yourself with the skills you’ve learnt later down the track:thumbsup:

D

Deleted78083

Which route would you take? I would love to hear your comments on this.

Hey

Thank you so much for your reply, it is very informative! I have never even dared doing dropshipping because I thought my suppliers would simply sell to my customers directly and I would lose my business, but now, I understand better.

I believe in that case, it is far better to be the belt producer than the belt seller. The most difficult and challenging step would be making the first belt, then once you have your process, you can improve it and make more and more belts, decrease costs, increase quality and grow the company. If, on top of that, you have people paying you to sell your products (namely the dropshippers), it is even better, you dont even need to do the selling yourself, you can just produce the belts! Then I'd buy the belt companies around and expand until I'd become world belts producer.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
I didn't want to get yelled at by @MJ DeMarco for not taking "sell me Saturday" seriously as this is more of a rant (though I would fully offer this service if you honestly suck with money and budgeting).
So introducing my new service:
-Are you STRESSED with being shut in during the quarantine? FEARFUL that you will not make next months rent?

Offering my service:
$10 for one minute where I give a vague statement telling you why you are having these issues and how NOT to F*ck up next time.

$600 for one day where I will actually go over your monthly expenses with you, make a budget with you, and let you know what stupid crap you are wasting your money on instead of being responsible for you /your family's well being.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017